Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How feasible is it to play via smartphone?

Forum Addict

How feasible is it to play via smartphone?

Hey,

Just a question here from an ex-utopian; how feasible is it to play via smartphone? What can and can't I do?

Just playing with the thought of playing an age, I do have laptops, but where I in the past would fit my real life day around utopia and make sure I had access to a computer when I needed one, today, it would be more natural to login on-the-go from my smartphone. So much easier than having to be immobile to attack, build or communicate. My work and home situation does allow for easy laptop access, but it's just a matter of not being forced to stay home to attack/build when I really want to go somewhere. I never did do things halfway.
    Last edited by stoffi; 14-12-2015 at 20:04.
    ABS vs Rangers

Enthusiast
    Plenty of players use just their smartphones and have no other access to uto. You can do everything in game. Only thing that holds some players back is getting upoo/munk to work on your phone, which is hit or miss. If your kingdoms intel tool and communication (mIRC, whapp, line) works on your phone you are all set.

There is an app but it has things missing, but the regular website works fine.

its very simple IF you are playing tactician and can get soms on 10 thief intel, otherwise you cant do 10 thief soms and 10% sots for perfect intel and lose a load of thieves getting 10% soms for hits. Not a huge deal, but noticeable in long/close wars.

Otherwise, its not realistically a problem, so long as you have the patience to play on phone
    - zilyana -
    - Future Owner of the coveted Nubhat -
    - Screw-Up Extroadinaire -

I can play just fine from my mobile phone. Just get a good custom theme that is mobile-friendly.
    Cuddly Panda Troll

PyroManiaCs Official Troll from April 13th 2014 to January 2015

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by beans View Post
    Plenty of players use just their smartphones and have no other access to uto. You can do everything in game. Only thing that holds some players back is getting upoo/munk to work on your phone, which is hit or miss. If your kingdoms intel tool and communication (mIRC, whapp, line) works on your phone you are all set.

There is an app but it has things missing, but the regular website works fine.
    I've been working on the app quite a bit since its release. You can almost do everything now, and the release that I'm testing now will add science and messages. After that, I'll add the forums. So two more releases and then there isn't much you'd need to visit the site for--assuming you run android.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by joshmg View Post
    I've been working on the app quite a bit since its release. You can almost do everything now, and the release that I'm testing now will add science and messages. After that, I'll add the forums. So two more releases and then there isn't much you'd need to visit the site for--assuming you run android.
    awesome news! Ive been waiting for those to get put in before i put the app on my phone. I primarily play on my phone so not having sci/messages/forums was kind of a deal breaker for me using the app, glad to here its on the way.

Regular
    I use the app alot, its great, tyvm :)

If you join a KD that uses Stinger...i have found that Firefox Mobile works best since Stinger has a FF Mobile extension that works well. I use it rigorously and use AndroChat for my IRC app.
    "Respect the one who defends his land with bravery;
    Honor the price he pays to fufill his duty."

-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
    WhatsApp +16264286874 | SC2/D3 BattleNet: DonJuan5420 | PSN: DonJuan5420

Age 54: #1 Land KD (HaLL of Heroes)
    Age 54: #1 NW KD (HaLL of Heroes)

Age 81: #1 Honor KD (The Faery Circle)
    Age 81: #1 WW KD (The Faery Circle)
    The Tactical Technical Institute

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    If you join a KD that uses Stinger...i have found that Firefox Mobile works best since Stinger has a FF Mobile extension that works well. I use it rigorously and use AndroChat for my IRC app.
    I'm not sure what most of that is but I can vouch that Stinger works flawlessly on my old iPad. The bot channel irc thing is very reliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Demon
    I travel a lot for work and play from a smartphone regularly.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Welcome back Stoffi :)

There is 1 android app currently available for mobile play. Also, if for some reason you can't/won't use that app, the game has custom themes make the game much more mobile friendly.

Forum Fanatic
    Stoffi :) Even i play alot from smart phones.Once i got that stupid ingame chat thing disabled it works fine

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Also, if for some reason you can't/won't use that app, the game has custom themes make the game much more mobile friendly.
    Would you show me?

Postaholic
    99 percent from my iphone here - extremely rare to be on a computer - but a custom theme is required
    War Monkeys War Monger - Contact me if interested in a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Rather than whining, getting pissy and getting on my radar why don't you just .....

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by lampost View Post
    Would you show me?

http://forums.utopia-game.com/forumd...-Custom-Themes

Note: some of the themes may mess up your plugins since the formatting is different

Thread Information