Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How feasible is it to play via smartphone?

Quote Originally Posted by lampost View Post
    Would you show me?

I use this theme: http://boone-theme.github.io/

It's nice and clean and works perfectly with Stinger plugin on FF Mobile.
    Cuddly Panda Troll

PyroManiaCs Official Troll from April 13th 2014 to January 2015

Forum Addict
    Thanks for the feedback.

The app sounds very good, been reading about it earlier, but I understood it lacked certain features, so far. Kudos to the guy who's making it. :)
    ABS vs Rangers

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by joshmg View Post
    So two more releases and then there isn't much you'd need to visit the site for--assuming you run android.
    Great, so now the game can finally die?

Unplayable without a theme/app

Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    Unplayable without a theme/app
    Not true, I've played without a theme/app on "smart phone".
    #magi

Lies!

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyB View Post
    Great, so now the game can finally die?
    It's likely you were just trying to be funny. On the chance you weren't though: The game wouldn't die. The utopia-ads are displayed within the app, so it shouldn't kill their revenue, and the activity would actually go up due to ease-of-access. So, if the game were to die, I don't see a reason why it would be the app's doing.

My experience:

If i have the option I always choose from pc, its just a better experience. However I user an android tablet and iphone 4 when that is not an option, solely on chrome/safari without a custom theme.
    It is all workable. I didnt realize there was such a thing as a custom theme until just now, so I have to look into that apparently. but regardless, it is possible. On iphone4, it takes some serious patience, but it is still workable in a pinch.
    I have recently tried getting the android app going, but it is not working for me at the moment. I think it is more specific to my device configuration. I am looking forward to getting it going though as I think a native app would be an even better experience than on browser.
    As others mentioned, the third party apps your kd uses for coordination are also of consideration. upoopu is popular and that does work on mobile for most part, but some report issues.
    I think ultimately the game is going to be more pleasant on a pc. It will be fine on mobile as well, just a little more work. That is the way the majority of things are though, so dont let that be a roadblock if you are deciding to come back to the game. Play on!

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by skeezer View Post
    ... I have recently tried getting the android app going, but it is not working for me at the moment. I think it is more specific to my device configuration. I am looking forward to getting it going though as I think a native app would be an even better experience than on browser. ...

v1.1.14 (released about 30 minutes ago--which means it should be available for download in less than 24 hours) now supports tablets without cell-chips. Sorry about that, Skeezer; I didn't think about that case. Let me know if you still have problems. Good luck!

Post Fiend
    I often log in on my phone from work to do time sensitive tasks (which pretty much means attacking, little else).

But I'll tell ya this - if somebody joins my kingdom intending to play only from their phone....I raze them instantly.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by joshmg View Post
    v1.1.14 (released about 30 minutes ago--which means it should be available for download in less than 24 hours) now supports tablets without cell-chips. Sorry about that, Skeezer; I didn't think about that case. Let me know if you still have problems. Good luck!
    is there any progress about a possible ios version? i guess not, but no harm in asking :) i will be upgrading my phone soonish, and actually considering changing into android for this sole reason..

Quote Originally Posted by LoRD_SaMPuaN View Post
    is there any progress about a possible ios version? i guess not, but no harm in asking :) i will be upgrading my phone soonish, and actually considering changing into android for this sole reason..
    There is a whole thread dedicated to the app, you might wanna look there for answers. But the answer is so far No.

Thread Information