Thread: Appropriate reponse

Regular

Appropriate reponse

So, there's so much drama about who to hit and how to hit, i want to know. If someone decides to plunder you and rob your gold in an eowcf/fort, what would you do.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollopoint View Post
    So, there's so much drama about who to hit and how to hit, i want to know. If someone decides to plunder you and rob your gold in an eowcf/fort, what would you do.
    The answer is, as in all things utopia, it depends.

If it's a one-off thing into my EOWCF, I probably won't do anything.

If it's something like Bart stealing into my eowCF for the 3rd war in a row, I'm just going to wave them repeatedly and refuse to do any diplomacy with them.

--

If it's into fort, I don't see any reason my resources aren't fair game, if I'm preparing for war I'll probably ask the KD to back off.

Scribe
    totally in your right to do that. If they don't respect your war(EOWCF is intended to be part of war) then you don't have to respect theirs either

Veteran
    If Its A 1 TIME thing, JUST Ignore it. Chances are that they got very little hitting into an eowcf. If it continues:
    Have a rogue steal it back, cast greed, kidnap as many pezzies as you can. If it still continues, send a dragon. Sending a dragon from eowcf is easy.it won't be full strength, but it will send a very clear msg. Just don't hit back with military. It's a complete waste.
    Long live Mehul!

Postaholic
    My response varies greatly upon which part of the OP's post I decide to respond to.

"If someone decides to plunder you and rob your gold in an eowcf/fort, what would you do."

You all responded based on EoWCF, which I would say has much more severe repercussions (if intentional or done out of malice) than if it was actually fort after the eowcf that he was hit into. If you are plundered in fort after eowcf and lost tons of gold because you neglected to train, than that is on you imo.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    The appropriate response is exactly as much as you can get away with.

Enthusiast
    I personally only honor war/eowcf.

Everything else is fair game.

I especially love kds that are tagged hostile/war/etc. See it all the time, some kd waves some smaller ghetto kd and tags themselves as hostile stay out. They then get absolutely off the wall butt hurt if you hit into "their hostile".

Just because you hit another kd 10 times doesn't mean you are engaged in anything special.. If you want protection, get in war.

As for a response, I like to think we would nail a prov that hits into our eowcf.

Realistically, we have better **** to do.
    #jesters
    - === Interested in joining? === -

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cry0 View Post

I especially love kds that are tagged hostile/war/etc. See it all the time, some kd waves some smaller ghetto kd and tags themselves as hostile stay out. They then get absolutely off the wall butt hurt if you hit into "their hostile".

Just because you hit another kd 10 times doesn't mean you are engaged in anything special.. If you want protection, get in war.

As for a response, I like to think we would nail a prov that hits into our eowcf.

I would tend to agree with that. If kingdom A is waving kingdom B and its clear kingdom B dont want to war or are significantly weaker and have offered a CF, then why should kingdom A get any protection for being a bully? (I'm not making a judgement on waving smaller kds)

Death by scriptkill imo.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cry0 View Post

This. With the exception that the moment a kingdom that is in eowcf does any hostile action (attacks/ops) they become instantly fair game too. Any kingdom tags such as hostile/war agreed should be ignored. Just that you agreed to war someone at a certain point in time does not equal a cf with the rest of the server. A kingdom is pretty much fair game until the point that they are in an active conflict/war or have a cf agreement with my kingdom.

Thread Information