View Poll Results: Is waving below declare range okay?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

40 49.38%
  • no

41 50.62%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Is waving below declare range acceptable behavior?

Post Fiend
    Top KDs also have a lot of provinces in NW ranges with each other but somehow they don't Attack each other. They only wanna Attack those in NW range in smaller KD. no it is not fair game to what protector thinks it is. Although being in NW range. The smaller KD can't possibly do a full retal due to max meter leading to war. Means the top kd is in a win win situation. Free hits or 150 max meter war. Both are in favour of them. Game Mechanic flaw? Maybe.

Everyone has fair opportunity to grow. If you choose not to, like most kingdoms on the server do (even get land dropped to stay away from those top kingdoms), can you really complain about getting hit by bigger kds? You did put yourself in that situation in the first place. Big fish have always eaten little fish in this game, at least up to a point. I have to agree with an earlier post about warring kds picking on weaker kds far more than the top does. Of course random hits do happen when kds are trying to grow, but most of the top will often attempt to make a deal for land rather than just wave you for it because it removes some of the hassle for them. If you say no to the deal they may still hit you, like BB did to Feint. No one likes being hit but it's not like most top kingdoms will ask for something ridiculous for a cf. The most I've seen recently is 10-12% of your current land and they'll often also do it anon for you. No one is obligated to give a cf for free, and no one is entitled to a cf. It's their choice how they wanna handle it. EOACF in particular might come at some cost. Termed Cfs that include a notice or date where it expires also may cost something. Blank ones rarely do. Not saying that any of this is right but that's how things have been operating. Usually people aren't asking for 10% of your acres, that's typically the extreme.

This is a war game, fairness is about fair opportunity, not the true meaning of fair via the dictionary. If you want to not get picked on by bigger fish, you either become a bigger fish or you can attempt to get cf so you can avoid the problem entirely. Won't always be granted but it's not like asking is that much of a hassle. Just make sure its' not a blank one because the blank one is no protection at all really.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale View Post
    Everyone has fair opportunity to grow. If you choose not to, like most kingdoms on the server do (even get land dropped to stay away from those top kingdoms), can you really complain about getting hit by bigger kds? You did put yourself in that situation in the first place. Big fish have always eaten little fish in this game, at least up to a point. I have to agree with an earlier post about warring kds picking on weaker kds far more than the top does. Of course random hits do happen when kds are trying to grow, but most of the top will often attempt to make a deal for land rather than just wave you for it because it removes some of the hassle for them. If you say no to the deal they may still hit you, like BB did to Feint. No one likes being hit but it's not like most top kingdoms will ask for something ridiculous for a cf. The most I've seen recently is 10-12% of your current land and they'll often also do it anon for you. No one is obligated to give a cf for free, and no one is entitled to a cf. It's their choice how they wanna handle it. EOACF in particular might come at some cost. Termed Cfs that include a notice or date where it expires also may cost something. Blank ones rarely do. Not saying that any of this is right but that's how things have been operating. Usually people aren't asking for 10% of your acres, that's typically the extreme.

This is a war game, fairness is about fair opportunity, not the true meaning of fair via the dictionary. If you want to not get picked on by bigger fish, you either become a bigger fish or you can attempt to get cf so you can avoid the problem entirely. Won't always be granted but it's not like asking is that much of a hassle. Just make sure its' not a blank one because the blank one is no protection at all really.
    Only time when war KDs are same size as whore KDs is at the start of age. After that they won't be the same anymore. Probably 1 of the reasons for size difference is you prolly get waved for acres by them if you are 1 of the bigger war KDs and their cows are already established. In that case you're forced to give up your land for some form of CF. not every kd wants to get land dropped. Some just have no choice.

However, there are many KDs out there which request for land drop. I only hope the land drop thing can be fixed by game mechanics of devs. This will probably present a new metagame for all kingdoms out there. Of course there's nothing wrong with LD. just would like to see what happens when it gets removed.

Post Fiend
    Balance players = 3491

Thanks to all these, should be under 3k by end of next year.

How can vulturing even exist when you have four days of eowcf protection and a fortified stance that mimics fakewar? I swear we could give you guys a month of eowcf and you would still complain.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Scribe
    This argument started about some kingdoms considering it absolutely okay to full wave kingdoms below declare range without giving the opportunity before, during or afterwards for an amicable solution and instead just leaving kingdoms knowing they will do this over and over whenever they please.
    They then claimed that the majority of the server feels this is okay behavior.

This is what happens when people get greedy and power hungry. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

I would totally wave down out of range, without hesitation. Of you have targets in my range imma take your land.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    I would totally wave down out of range, without hesitation. Of you have targets in my range imma take your land.
    That would require you to login first..

Veteran
    Waving down is OK if kept reasonable. For instance avoiding an active hostile and not using pfs, bribe Gen or bloodlust. Also amount of hits should be kept to 5 to 10 hits would be considered reasonable. I prefer hitting max 4 times any given day on smaller kingdoms. Because I don't want to have to accept a cf. Reduces my feeding pool over all.

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    That would require you to login first..
    :(

Dear friend
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    :(

Dear friend
    xoxo

Quote Originally Posted by Nirule View Post
    Balance players = 3491

Thanks to all these, should be under 3k by end of next year.
    3799 and counting (feel free to substract all of Folle's provs)
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Matija u necro!
    Played in Freeakstyle from 2009 to age 72 (2017) <3 - 7honor 1war crown | On a break

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Bang

Thread Information