Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Concept of Politics in Utopia - Is it wrong?

Post Fiend

My Concept of Politics in Utopia - Is it wrong?

I always been a dickhead over forums and such, mainly to piss people by hurting their ego in an attempt to get wars. After the wars, I've always apologized for my behavior.

I always had one rule: NO cease-fire to anybody. That will narrow our win chance and I never enjoyed doing ****s and braking CF and such. So better don't offer. The only CF I would have made was the automatically WW, that could have been broken anytime if that kingdom would challenge our position again. Otherwise we would not have bothered breaking the CF if our ex-opponent was 50-80% of our nw/honor.

It is a simple concept based purely on competition and no politics. I never was good at politics, I explode too fast and I have too much vanity. In fact, I do hate politicians in real life from the deep of my heart :). I know my limits and I really try not to break them by being a fake person :)

Of course that I always had 3-4 strong allies, which implied a CF. These allies were needed in case of GB and such. But our CF terms were simple: if anyone feels he should be #1 we will war and decide it fairly.

When I formed Surion alliance, that was one of the main rules. If any allied kingdom thinks he deserves better he can challenge intra-alliance and decide his rank in charts. That was because in one age we was 15 Surion kingdoms in top 20. Most of them joined to escape war challenge, and they never had any demands about their position.

I see that nowadays everybody CF on everybody and this automatically result in breaking the CF in some degree or "finding reasons to break the CF" to achieve a better position in charts. Sometime less waring people are smarter than waring people and make their way to the charts by politics.

How is that? Am I wrong? Doing "no CF" and staying neutral and competitive is a bad thing?

Just curious of how things goes nowadays, since the mechanics of the game I understood quite good, but the Politic part is not in my type of thinking. Having a bunch of CF over the server will narrow our kingdom's war option, so why would anyone do CF with almost all serveR?
    Last edited by vlahul82; 26-12-2015 at 19:28.

Just curious of how things goes nowadays, since the mechanics of the game I understood quite good, but the Politic part is not in my type of thinking. Having a bunch of CF over the server will narrow our kingdom's war option, so why would anyone do CF with almost all serveR?
    Why ask? You seem to think you have a great grasp of everything from your previous post. If you need to ask simple things like this, you certainly arent ready to beat everyone in Utopia.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Why ask? You seem to think you have a great grasp of everything from your previous post. If you need to ask simple things like this, you certainly arent ready to beat everyone in Utopia.
    I'm just curious to see where your opinions are. That won't change my concept of course. Until new age changes comes, nothing much to do :). Work is also paused, since everybody is drinking and party :).

So, you could've answered instead of trolling.

If you fail to grasp the current Utopian politics its rather pointless to engage in a discussion. You are filled with previous sucess which has no relevancy in todays Utopia. Everything you think you know or think is great is in fact bad, like for example massacre first 24 hours is a utterly retarded move. Simply not a valid strategy today. Maybe you should sit down and re-learn the basics first.

Post Fiend
    If you fail to grasp the current Utopian politics its rather pointless to engage in a discussion. You are filled with previous sucess which has no relevancy in todays Utopia. Everything you think you know or think is great is in fact bad, like for example massacre first 24 hours is a utterly retarded move. Simply not a valid strategy today. Maybe you should sit down and re-learn the basics first.
    What I do it's my own choice, and support the consequence of it - being bad or good. My question was about Politics, which you avoid "mysteriously" letting me to understand that "politics" it's the only way to the highway for you.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Is it "wrong"? No. There is no wrong way to play utopia.

Is it optimal? No. Establishing CF's allows you to navigate your conflicts and plan better. Rather than getting jumped by any and all kingdoms as soon as you finish your wars.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Is it "wrong"? No. There is no wrong way to play utopia.

Is it optimal? No. Establishing CF's allows you to navigate your conflicts and plan better. Rather than getting jumped by any and all kingdoms as soon as you finish your wars.
    But that is what I want and the reason i play this game for: conflicts. Being jumped in end of EOWCF is what i wish, in fact we are waving in first second after EOWCF ends. I've tested that right after last WW, even if we was not a full players capacity (just invited 3 or 4 new players) we was able to be "war ready" in 12h after EOWCF. That's with a random kd setup I landed in.

Considering this, is still not "optimal"?
    Last edited by vlahul82; 26-12-2015 at 20:37.

A lot of your posts are regarding your past achievements
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by vlahul82 View Post
    But that is what I want and the reason i play this game for: conflicts. Being jumped in end of EOWCF is what i wish, in fact we are waving in first second after EOWCF ends. I've tested that right after last WW, even if we was not a full players capacity (just invited 3 or 4 new players) we was able to be "war ready" in 12h after EOWCF. That's with a random kd setup I landed in.

Considering this, is still not "optimal"?
    It's not wrong or right. It's your choice. If it works for you , go for it. You are not the only one that plays that way.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_Benjamin View Post
    A lot of your posts are regarding your past achievements
    I'm still not sure what achievements he has other than cheating?

Quote Originally Posted by Meep View Post
    You consider cheating an achivement?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Meep View Post
    He was pro at it :))

Just an old utopia lover.. This game has changed allot vlahul.. But nomatter what we will say, u will have to see it for urself

Post Demon
    You consider cheating an achivement?

Achievements being the most notable things you've done, yes? Achievements arent strictly good things

Needs to get out more
    Strength of current politics is mechanically based in pump time. So, above the game, the CFs have diplomatic language that discourages interference from both competing kingdoms and insurgence from kingdoms outside the diplomatic realm; otherwise known as the ghetto.

There's a fair amount of legitimate CFs between the tops and ghetto, but these are gentle person agreements. For instance, most kingdoms I've occupied have had good relationships with tops as we pose no threat.

PROBLEM? ~
    I suspect the current environment is partly due to a "fix" in top kingdom diplomacy concerning farm wars. To summarize; in recent ages there have been significant chart swings because naive kingdoms would venture near the top and lose so many acres it forced tops to question the competitive environment. Without warring each other on even ground they couldn't determine the superior meta.
    So this age you see a consolidation of war kingdoms occupying the bottom end of the top 10. It's my belief these war kingdoms serve as a buffer to fat naive kingdoms crawling into range. I suspect the bait was the obvious advantage of observing the field unfettered by top interference. This puts each top war kingdom in an ideal position to acquire crowns. They will jump a kingdom that waves against a top war colleague in pump. Essentially any ghetto that approaches must agree to the dizzying diplo conditions. It's weighed against the ghetto.

Obviously this creates a dubious situation where the tops can allow their war kingdoms to steal resources. We all know acres provide a higher science advantage. Well actually uncontested acres yield about every advantage the game offers except nw mechanics.

You should grab intel on a common core province in a top war kingdom to see the difference. Then grab intel from a top 20 core attacker of similar size.

Additionally, go to a kingdom page and view the nw alignment on some of the top warring and you'll see a signature build that AMA was using. Most of these top war kingdoms previously had a classic clamp formation: t/ms UB at the top and pure race core. Now you see the quadrilateral which is a modification to the AMA triangle. This indicates top kingdom engineering. The alignments are also modified for bottom feeding. But essentially what you see are defensive belts. I coin it as acre digestion.

In the back and forth of war the common clamp formation kingdoms have no mid stop for acre acquirement. This is why uniform suicide builds are a farce when facing kingdom aligned as such. For instance, a heavy attacker can't tap the elf as many times in the quadrilateral formation and the elf is blessed with lower losses. FS runs elf tacs which I have considerable experience running in the ghetto. It's an exceptional role player. I withstood 34 trad marches without releasing defense in an EoA war before we ticked out. But I digress.

The pump based diplo allows top land kingdoms to raise cows uncontested by most ghettos. You can see the delineation between the top land and top war kingdoms based in the lack of cows and economy biased core of the top land competitors.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 26-12-2015 at 22:49. Reason: Taxes is where these acres go ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    Strength of current politics is mechanically based in pump time. So, above the game, the CFs have diplomatic language that discourages interference from both competing kingdoms and insurgence from kingdoms outside the diplomatic realm; otherwise known as the ghetto.

There's a fair amount of legitimate CFs between the tops and ghetto, but these are gentle person agreements. For instance, most kingdoms I've occupied have had good relationships with tops as we pose no threat.

PROBLEM? ~
    I suspect the current environment is partly due to a "fix" in top kingdom diplomacy concerning farm wars. To summarize; in recent ages there have been significant chart swings because naive kingdoms would venture near the top and lose so many acres it forced tops to question the competitive environment. Without warring each other on even ground they couldn't determine the superior meta.
    So this age you see a consolidation of war kingdoms occupying the bottom end of the top 10. It's my belief these war kingdoms serve as a buffer to fat naive kingdoms crawling into range. I suspect the bait was the obvious advantage of observing the field unfettered by top interference. This puts each top war kingdom in an ideal position to acquire crowns. They will jump a kingdom that waves against a top war colleague in pump. Essentially any ghetto that approaches must agree to the dizzying diplo conditions. It's weighed against the ghetto.

Obviously this creates a dubious situation where the tops can allow their war kingdoms to steal resources. We all know acres provide a higher science advantage. Well actually uncontested acres yield about every advantage the game offers except nw mechanics.

You should grab intel on a common core province in a top war kingdom to see the difference. Then grab intel from a top 20 core attacker of similar size.

Additionally, go to a kingdom page and view the nw alignment on some of the top warring and you'll see a signature build that AMA was using. Most of these top war kingdoms previously had a classic clamp formation: t/ms UB at the top and pure race core. Now you see the quadrilateral which is a modification to the AMA triangle. This indicates top kingdom engineering. The alignments are also modified for bottom feeding. But essentially what you see are defensive belts. I coin it as acre digestion.

In the back and forth of war the common clamp formation kingdoms have no mid stop for acre acquirement. This is why uniform suicide builds are a farce when facing kingdom aligned as such. For instance, a heavy attacker can't tap the elf as many times in the quadrilateral formation and the elf is blessed with lower losses. FS runs elf tacs which I have considerable experience running in the ghetto. It's an exceptional role player. I withstood 34 trad marches without releasing defense in an EoA war before we ticked out. But I digress.

The pump based diplo allows top land kingdoms to raise cows uncontested by most ghettos. You can see the delineation between the top land and top war kingdoms based in the lack of cows and economy biased core of the top land competitors.
    For me is strange that UTO evolved in such a manner. Really did not expect that.
    The good thing is that top 10-20 is divided at least in 2 parts...if not 3. That makes a core nucleum for competition - which is pretty much dead as far a I see it.

Thread Information