Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Additional Personality (DE Compromise)

Additional Personality (DE Compromise)

Updated bits are highlighted.

The Warlock "The Wicked"
    -75% rune cost for spells
    -25% spell damage on spells cast against them
    +100% dungeon effectiveness

Starts with 400 elites

Access to Mage's Fury

It should be balanced under current rules. Adding this persona would add 8 new combos and give players a second strong spell caster choice when selecting their combos.
    Last edited by olAllan; 28-12-2015 at 15:45. Reason: Edited pieces bold and highlighted.
    DEUS SIVE NATURA

Would anyone play that instead of mystic? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by pathetic sheep View Post
    Would anyone play that instead of mystic? Why?
    Do you think it's a it's a bit too conservative? I bet more than a few players would like the decreased casting cost bonus again. Perhaps we dial up those caster bonuses a little. Maybe -75% casting cost, -33% spell damage resistance, maintain +100% dungeons effectiveness.

If you've ran A/M enough, mystic becomes a bit like riding a bike with training wheels.
    DEUS SIVE NATURA

Post Fiend
    -75% rune cost and even 66% is too much. As it's too powerful in first war and maybe 2nd also.
    #Plaidovia

Veteran
    I would defently consider playing it as A/m. Simply the decrease in rune cost is a great bonus for A/m setups because it frees up a lot of build space. With a -66% decrease in rune cost for spells you might be able to run 8-10% towers in war. Maybe even lower for the simple reason that you will not burn through your rune stocks as fast. Such bonus alone has the power to free up 10-20% build space on an A/m. It would greatly boost the capacity in the A part without sacrificing the M part.

Quote Originally Posted by nameisis View Post
    -75% rune cost and even 66% is too much. As it's too powerful in first war and maybe 2nd also.
    These claims are baseless, the personality does not provide a wpa bonus, and cannot combine with certain spells like ms and tog (which could tilt it into over powered *slightly*). It will take time to build up too power, like any others, while having some early advantages, again like any others.

I think I was actually too conservative in my original suggestion, -80% seems more appropriate to make it compete with mystic. I think I'll argue for -75% but -80% seems better to balance against mystic. Make it a tougher decision. Edit time.
    DEUS SIVE NATURA

Quote Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
    I would defently consider playing it as A/m. Simply the decrease in rune cost is a great bonus for A/m setups because it frees up a lot of build space. With a -66% decrease in rune cost for spells you might be able to run 8-10% towers in war. Maybe even lower for the simple reason that you will not burn through your rune stocks as fast. Such bonus alone has the power to free up 10-20% build space on an A/m. It would greatly boost the capacity in the A part without sacrificing the M part.
    I added that dungeon bonus as a minor bonus to sure up the A/Ming basis. As a race DE were designed to A/M. As a personality Warlock can also combine classic drowness with HA roles as well, giving an HA build space and spell resistance. So it could be quite a versatile. I may want to add an little something.
    DEUS SIVE NATURA

Added 400 elites like war hero.
    DEUS SIVE NATURA

That concludes my edits on this. I think it is as balanced as it can be against other personas now. The starting 400 elites was the last necessary piece of the puzzle.
    DEUS SIVE NATURA

Quote Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
    Compare DEC A/m to warrior A/m. DEC runs 16% tg and 8% towers, warrior with 24% towers. Same offense and spell capability. Warrior gets to send excess runes as aid. Warrior also as the advantage of switching to 12% towers and 12% tg when channeling science is high enough.

@ 1500 acres you need 2550 runes for a fireball. That would be 14% towers with 0 BPA channelling sci. In war you can cast 1.5 balls per hour so 21% towers. When you add a modest 225 BPA channeling (+90%) you can drop that to 11.2% towers. Storms, greed and most self spells use fewer runes.

Would be handy to have the DEC to land lust during a chain. But rather weak in other circumstance.

Scribe
    uses 50% mana for offensive spells

that would make some think

Idk what some of you guys are talking about. I gather this much though, I've got some players saying it's too strong and others saying it's too weak. I guess I have it balanced now.

If they did nothing but added this, under current rules I'd recommend Elf/Dwarf/Undead for combining with Warlock.
    DEUS SIVE NATURA

Calling the DEC "warlocks" and "the wicked" might be offensive to real world practitioners. All the witches I have met were kind and friendly. It might count as religious defamation.

Maybe call them Trumps.

Forum Fanatic
    Dumb personality. Post & your signature are ugly.

Not worth playing IMO
    #magi

Thread Information