Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My predictions for next age changes :)

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiliest View Post
    I think it would add much more strategic depth if war wins gave vastly more science than an extreme science pump over the same course of time. That way pump strategies would be nerfed and it would liven up the game a bit. There are too few players remaining for the game to remain interesting over the course of an age the way things are currently. If you buff war wins than things will liven up much more and things will become much more fun in my opinion. That's not to say pump strategies would be strictly worse, they should still be an option, there should just be another equally viable option to choose from.
    Bad idea it would only create a bigger gap between top kingdoms and lower kingdoms and create tons of fake wars. As well as force the whoring tier to farm harder and more often to stay on top.

Quote Originally Posted by handofthrawn View Post
    Bad idea it would only create a bigger gap between top kingdoms and lower kingdoms and create tons of fake wars. As well as force the whoring tier to farm harder and more often to stay on top.
    A gap between top kds and lower kds is not a problem, there should be a gap between the best players and the average players. I think the community is pretty hawkeyed when it comes to fake wars nowadays, so I don't share that concern. The whole point of these changes is to liven things up from the top down, so having the top have to do more stuff to stay on top is kinda the whole idea lol....

Needs to get out more
    Perhaps. Just be mindful of new forum accounts participating in the discussion. We should encourage players to share their voice. It's an idea and your answer may be right.

It's good to encourage alternatives to the idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiliest View Post
    A gap between top kds and lower kds is not a problem, there should be a gap between the best players and the average players. I think the community is pretty hawkeyed when it comes to fake wars nowadays, so I don't share that concern. The whole point of these changes is to liven things up from the top down, so having the top have to do more stuff to stay on top is kinda the whole idea lol....
    See when leaving eoowcf you get nailed most of the time anyways. So what good would the extra science do for you. Whoring kingdoms would just take it and slow down prep for another war. It's why I hate the forced land bonus from war. Slows down prep and creates juicy targets for larger kingdoms already. Trust me warring tier wars to war not gain resources. But your opinion is always welcome; ).

I address this to Palem,...It is rumored this was the last age, Is that the reason no changes have been posted?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I talk to the devs as much as you guys do, with the exception of shooting them an email when there's a major issue. If this was the last age, I would find out the same time as everyone else.

That being said, I don't think this is the last age. The devs would be fools to not promote the crap out of the final age of Utopia.

with just 4 days left , it makes no sense to the devs holding back POtential changes, for discussion. Im curious how Elves will fare in the changes

See when leaving eoowcf you get nailed most of the time anyways. So what good would the extra science do for you. Whoring kingdoms would just take it and slow down prep for another war. It's why I hate the forced land bonus from war. Slows down prep and creates juicy targets for larger kingdoms already. Trust me warring tier wars to war not gain resources. But your opinion is always welcome; ).
    The extra science would offset the extra acres whoring tier gets from pooling and pumping while you were warring. The idea is that the bonuses you get from constantly winning wars will offset the advantages gained by pumping and pooling all age, so even if whoring kd waves you, your extra science bonuses would offset their land advantage to a degree, enough to where a war would be fair. The whole point of the change is to force more wars in the whoring tier, since the age being decided by yr 5 and everyone sitting in pump mode 90% of the age is boring. Its another avenue to win, CFs will not be the end all be all, although still a very viable aspect of strategy.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    If you need insight on Godly's background to throw failed insults at him... he has Armenian lineage I believe.
    What insults? now you accuse me of antisemitism? I think this is an insult and you should be warned.

In fact, I've insulted my own people by calling them "poor bastards" and it was a compliment for the jews, calling them "smart and good at financials".... all rich people are greedy, that's not a problem.

Other than that, **** off and die maggot :)
    Last edited by Palem; 30-12-2015 at 15:00.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Don't try to bypass the profanity filters

Forum Fanatic
    My prediction is that next age will be stupid. That has a 99.9% chance of coming true.

Do a mechanics overhaul from the bottom up and maybe the game crawls to playability. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by noobium View Post
    My prediction is that next age will be stupid. That has a 99.9% chance of coming true.

Do a mechanics overhaul from the bottom up and maybe the game crawls to playability. Maybe.
    Nonsense. The game has been playable for well over a decade - do you know of any other text based Web game running longer? If you redefine the base mechanics then it is no longer utopia and there are a plethora of better, more modern games available if you are desperate for something else.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Nonsense. The game has been playable for well over a decade - do you know of any other text based Web game running longer? If you redefine the base mechanics then it is no longer utopia and there are a plethora of better, more modern games available if you are desperate for something else.
    I've returned after some 5 years and I find this game at a superior level, both from mechanics point of view as well as Game leadership (not so draconic and abusive it seems).

Sadly, it lacks players... only 3000 players is not that impressive. Hopefully it can reach 10k players at least.

You should advertise better Bishop... somehow.

Pro Palem

I know I'm new to the forums and everything but from what I have seen I tend to believe what Palem says. If we want more versatility then why not add another race or personality, or does that just change everything completely? Bring back Dark Elves (more geared towards attacking/thieving, maybe all attacks are done with anonymity?) or Freak (15% chance for +50% gains on all attacks [except massacre and raze]) or something, I have no idea how difficult this might be from a programming view-point but if people want something fresh than there needs to be innovation and creativity.

If you are not evolving you are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    whoa can't believe I beat texn... Darkelves!
    maybe they'll throw in freak too lol
    I should have read p. 2 and p. 3 before posting my post. Great minds seem to be thinking alike!

Thread Information