Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So, now that everyone is going merchant next age:

Veteran

So, now that everyone is going merchant next age:

What race will you be?

Post Fiend
    Merchant lost income immunity penalty. It was given to war hero. Might make a difference.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by feast View Post
    Merchant lost income immunity penalty. It was given to war hero. Might make a difference.
    ToG is more powerful then any racial ability or personality. It turns every single race from a mediocre race to a super powered race that no other race or personality can compete.

Quote Originally Posted by bombdigie View Post
    ToG is more powerful then any racial ability or personality. It turns every single race from a mediocre race to a super powered race that no other race or personality can compete.
    All things equal, yes, ToG is awesome. I got an extra serving of Fireballs in war b/c of it, though. All of a sudden, it wasn't so awesome.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizzlebeef View Post
    All things equal, yes, ToG is awesome. I got an extra serving of Fireballs in war b/c of it, though. All of a sudden, it wasn't so awesome.
    ToG is not for war, its for before hostile and war preparation. You will catch someone without gold basically with their pants down. EVERYONE is going merchant.

Last edited by bombdigie; 03-01-2016 at 02:31.

Enthusiast
    ToG is not for war, its for before hostile and war preparation. You will catch someone without gold basically with their pants down. EVERYONE is going merchant.

TOG is very powerful, but it requires Guilds so you dont fail and waste runes, and runes meaning it requires resources to support its power.
    Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

"If you have a problem with a post then use the report button.

24 hour ban for arguing with me. This isn't a democracy." - Bishop

It's extremely easy to negate merchants bonuses, people seem to be ignoring this and pretending that they will be oow all age.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    It's extremely easy to negate merchants bonuses, people seem to be ignoring this and pretending that they will be oow all age.
    Nothing a few fireballs can't fix.

Enthusiast
    Yea -- that is why I look at the +20% credits as the meaningful bonus to Human/Merchants in an war tier KD.

ToG is required for them to pump their expensive elites -- I doubt they will be sitting with tons of extra GC for dragon funding.

If a KD has enough Human/merchants then it is completely possible a few slip through the cracks and get some population going. It is hard to pop control an entire enemy KD.
    #jesters
    - === Interested in joining? === -

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollopoint View Post
    Nothing a few fireballs can't fix.
    good luck for fbing warring kds that have multiple eowcf periods with double wiz production. Plus u cant fb all merchants. Merchants will produce/stock multiple dragon gcs before you even start conflict.

again good luck with that.

Post Fiend
    get 1-3 wars and cf top and here you are oow for the most of the age.

Quote Originally Posted by Over View Post
    get 1-3 wars and cf top and here you are oow for the most of the age.
    If I were whoring I would be all over merchant. The majority of the server are not whoring.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

good luck for fbing warring kds that have multiple eowcf periods with double wiz production. Plus u cant fb all merchants. Merchants will produce/stock multiple dragon gcs before you even start conflict.

Tog isn't new, fireballing a faery and fireballing a human are massively different scenarios. Personalities that can be negated can be very very tricky.

Enthusiast

Unless you are playing in the top, it is not easy to sit on multiple dragon's worth of GC.

As soon as you exit EOWCF you will be plundered.

I know I personally track the war exit times of every kd in our range. I know I am not alone in that because we got plundered the same tic we exited war at every war exit all age.

The GC stacking also only realistically works if you are playing non-human merchants. I cannot see humans with 950 gc elites exiting eowcf with tons of extra gc laying around - let alone 3 dragons worth.

You are absolutely correct that if a KD runs an entire attacker core of merchants that it would be difficult to control population across the board. However, using spares to do razes can easily destroy whatever towers/guilds are built and thus prevent a guy with 20k peasants from casting tog in the first place.
    #jesters
    - === Interested in joining? === -

Veteran
    What race will you be?
    Good. Lots of merchants= lots of free gold!
    Long live Mehul!

Thread Information