Thread: Ethan, where art thou?

Veteran

Ethan, where art thou?

We need some race numbers please. TY

Post Fiend
    Seconded

Post Demon
    Do anything long enough and I guess you end up with a following. Posted them up only a bit ago for my new kingdom - was wondering if I sit on them, but while better, we're still under no illusions of toping any charts, so hiding them is kinda pointless. (And there are a few others that can make almost the same numbers via different means anyway.)

So (baring any change I missed) here are the usual power rankings. Should have put a tanking DPA in, but didn't swipe the wife's computer so this was a bit slapdash off my google doc version. (How do I share that anyway?) I did push assumed science down to 7% housing (ME already was that) and 12% BE from 10/15% respectively.

Rankings___OPA______DPA____NW/A____MPNW_____%Max
    Dwarf______85.98____46.3____181.62____0.728____88.00%
    Elf_________72.84____39.22___153.26____0.731____89.35%
    Faery______76.08____40.97___159.49____0.734____89.68%
    Human_____90.47____48.72___180.8_____0.77_____94.07%
    Orc________88.47____47.64___174.47____0.78_____95.33%
    Avian______87.08____46.89___171.6_____0.781____95.39%
    Undead_____92.4_____49.75___180.45____0.788____96.25%
    Halfling_____89.44____48.16___168.12____0.818___100.00%

Remember that halfer is assumed all specs! I'm playing it anyway, but I'm a little crazy sometimes.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Needs to get out more
    Thanks, Ethan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Fiend
    Good stuff, confirmed a lot of my feelings. I know the #'s you post are set to specific parameters, but it's always interesting and fun to look at. Thanks Ethan!

Could someone give me a brief explanation of what the numbers mean or possibly direct me to another thread where they are explained? I'm aware of what the acronyms stand for just not what the numbers actually represent

thanks

Post Fiend
    Ethan could explain best.

From my understanding, it's a measure of each races power as compared to their NW, which is what really matters. It doesn't take into account things like +gains or -gains, just units and networths. Halflings running all specs (which are NW efficient) and +10% Pop came out on top, but if you substitute elites for def specs, they lose a lot of their NW efficiency. Ethan's scenario also runs higher defense or lower defense than some people intend to play their races, so the #'s could be different depending on how much defense you want to run. Overall, it's just a nice tool to look at, but you shouldn't base your choice solely off these (or anyone else's) rankings.

But with an all spec army, aren't you in for massive losses with MS and NS. I can't see sustainability there.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertz View Post
    But with an all spec army, aren't you in for massive losses with MS and NS. I can't see sustainability there.
    Ethan was not suggesting that you should use all specs. He just need a number for the chart. He is also assuming all elites out for the other races. You can change halfling defensive specs to elites and add 1.25 for each unit per acre. So if you want a halfling with 5 elites per acre add 6.25. 174.37 NW/A. M/NW = 0.789.

Using a split with some elites on defense and some on offense is usually a better way to attack with halfling. Then you have to ask how many horses. The math gets more complicated. The M/NW will be lower using the elites. But your offense will be exactly what your need to defeat a target. Extra offense specs are useless if they do not hit anything. The M/NW is not necessarily the most important number.

The chart says absolutely nothing about sustainability. Just the military per networth when the province is full. It also says nothing about damage done. It says nothing about number of attacks made.
    Last edited by pathetic sheep; 05-01-2016 at 06:36.

Thread Information