Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is Free?

Post Fiend

Who is Free?

Excuse my ignorance. The name sounds familiar. Have actually seen them for the past couple of ages. But I can`t particularly associate them with any particular great achievements. So if I have missed something, please excuse me and indulge in enlightening me.

I find it fairly odd for a Kd to yada yada with the age not even started, challenging Cromulent, Spartans. I haven`t watched Cromulent warring, but Spartans I know quite well. I wish Free gl.

What I find odd ... if the "need for speed" is so high ... why didn`t Free actually challenge FS? I mean ... speaking for myself ... if I`m going full out ... I`m going full out.

This ain`t a troll post if anybody wonders. I`m not for that long back to the game so there is quite a few things I might have missed.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    FREE's a very old warring kingdom. I don't think they've tagged up the past few ages. They've got the 2nd most wars in an age, but other than that just a general run-of-the-mill war kingdom.

The sudden "need for speed" is because they recruited vlahul, who will tell you that he's the most dominate player in the history of utopia. Whether he's right and you should believe him, well I'll leave that up to you.

Needs to get out more
    Going after CR is full out. They are the land crown champions.
    What I'm saying is that which everyone should know: the best whoring kingdoms are the best warring.

FREE is an old kingdom that has a long history of competitive warring. In my experience, I've only received their waves but had correspondence in one of their wars(vs Stronghold). They've always waved admirably with precise objectives, which is indicative of war refinement. Some of their shine wore off as some other formidable war kingdoms surged in the late 50s but have since dissipated: activity changes with people's lives - Roughknecks, Rusty, Stoners, Sanitarium, Shinra, etc.

I've seen war with Sparta and I'm familiar with their tactics. I like all the war leaders involved here and have had at least short conversations with each.

I'm free.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 05-01-2016 at 04:21.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Seing someone doesn't know who FREE is makes me feel old. That's sad.
    On the topic - FREE is an old kingdom, led by peppie, which back in the days were superb in warring. Mostly NL. Some of the best players, though, went to other kds or just retired from the game. FREE never joined any alliance from what i remember, and were more like yolo considering all the drama back in the days.

All in all, FREE is a legionaire in utopia and should receive proper respect. I've never played in FREE though i've warred them and they have won my respect.

Edit: vlahul guy had nothing to do with FREE. Now he had joined them and probably given peps an option to bring few players and some activity. Peppie had grabbed the oportunity to reinstate the famous kd with some cheating roros. :))
    Last edited by Perv; 05-01-2016 at 08:55.

Veteran
    FREE is the vehicle Vlahul uses for his ego trip :)

Some cheating roros? I Always thought 1 was enough to run an entire kingdom :P

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Perv View Post
    Seing someone doesn't know who FREE is makes me feel old. That's sad.
    On the topic - FREE is an old kingdom, led by peppie, which back in the days were superb in warring. Mostly NL. Some of the best players, though, went to other kds or just retired from the game. FREE never joined any alliance from what i remember, and were more like yolo considering all the drama back in the days.

All in all, FREE is a legionaire in utopia and should receive proper respect. I've never played in FREE though i've warred them and they have won my respect.

Edit: vlahul guy had nothing to do with FREE. Now he had joined them and probably given peps an option to bring few players and some activity. Peppie had grabbed the oportunity to reinstate the famous kd with some cheating roros. :))
    If you started playing back in the Mehul early days, then you are old. We both are:) I quit after some god knows how many ages, getting back like 2-3 ages ago. And my question was mainly because I haven`t seen Free doing anything so openly aggressive. But as some peeps stated, might just be vlahul more noisy than the usual. And noisy people, who freely present their "pedigree" without being asked, well, that`s up to each and any of us to have an opinion:)

Nonetheless, thanks for the replies and explanations to y`all. There`s only 2 ways this war/challenge can go down: either a blast - with the result of a new sheriff in town - Free, either a total fiasco, allowing Caesar to own what already belonged to Caesar - Spartans.

Post Fiend
    As for the one man one Kd times. I personally deny any knowledge, implications upon these ... urban legends:)

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by bluorr View Post
    Excuse my ignorance. The name sounds familiar. Have actually seen them for the past couple of ages. But I can`t particularly associate them with any particular great achievements. So if I have missed something, please excuse me and indulge in enlightening me.

I find it fairly odd for a Kd to yada yada with the age not even started, challenging Cromulent, Spartans. I haven`t watched Cromulent warring, but Spartans I know quite well. I wish Free gl.

What I find odd ... if the "need for speed" is so high ... why didn`t Free actually challenge FS? I mean ... speaking for myself ... if I`m going full out ... I`m going full out.

This ain`t a troll post if anybody wonders. I`m not for that long back to the game so there is quite a few things I might have missed.
    Hi, amongst other things, FREE hold the 2nd most WW record in the entire history of Utopia. It is a 29 WW in one age. (Killing Fields holds 1st with 32 in the same age).

Read more about FREE here:

http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...-ten-years-old

Most of the former FREE players, emigrated into the top kingdoms nowadays. Including Cromulent, where CELLO and BURNER now plays (they are ex-FREE).

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by vlahul82 View Post
    Hi, amongst other things, FREE hold the 2nd most WW record in the entire history of Utopia. It is a 29 WW in one age. (Killing Fields holds 1st with 32 in the same age).

Read more about FREE here:

http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...-ten-years-old

Most of the former FREE players, emigrated into the top kingdoms nowadays. Including Cromulent, where CELLO and BURNER now plays (they are ex-FREE).
    We`ll definitely keep an eye on you this age. Wish you gl. Let`s see how much of the former glory days juju you guys still got left in your veins:)

Having warred against FREE and FS before, my money's on FS. Not to take FREE lightly, though - they are pretty beastly. They just typically prey on the weak - I'm glad to see them making challenges as such.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by smercjd View Post
    Having warred against FREE and FS before, my money's on FS. Not to take FREE lightly, though - they are pretty beastly. They just typically prey on the weak - I'm glad to see them making challenges as such.
    My opinion is that FS is the strongest waring kingdom on server. They proved that. They can beat anyone else.

So yes, you are partially right. FREE is now a different kingdom, so what you know about it is the past FREE and not the same with this age FREE.

You have wared FREE having an inferior activity and setup. We are now different, we have a hybrid setup and we have a maximum possible activity. We will see how it turns out in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by vlahul82 View Post
    My opinion is that FS is the strongest waring kingdom on server. They proved that. They can beat anyone else.

So yes, you are partially right. FREE is now a different kingdom, so what you know about it is the past FREE and not the same with this age FREE.

You have wared FREE having an inferior activity and setup. We are now different, we have a hybrid setup and we have a maximum possible activity. We will see how it turns out in the end.
    Well good luck to you! I realize you're warring Spartans and not FS, that I actually put my money on you guys...that said, I don't know either of your setups. Someone mentioned Spartans are humans somewhere which are a massive oop powerhouse with elite credits and all. I'd imagine the only way to beat them would be with Orc/Clerics and no dragon in a longer war. Otherwise, for the short war -- Avian?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by smercjd View Post
    Well good luck to you! I realize you're warring Spartans and not FS, that I actually put my money on you guys...that said, I don't know either of your setups. Someone mentioned Spartans are humans somewhere which are a massive oop powerhouse with elite credits and all. I'd imagine the only way to beat them would be with Orc/Clerics and no dragon in a longer war. Otherwise, for the short war -- Avian?
    Every race has its own advantages. I believe that every race can win an OOP war, even if some has more bonuses (like humans with free credits).

Nothing is perfect in utopia, that's the beauty. Every action has an reaction, every bonus has a flaw.

A good player and an super active kingdom, can win a war with any races combo... including the dumb orc/mystic hahahaah. After all, mystics have 200 wizzards OOP vs 10 wizzards everybody.

We have chosed a setup that we believe it is equally strong both in OOP and mid-late age.
    Our goals are wining this age, so we considered every possibility and we also considered the fact tht 50% of the server is undead+humans with merch/tactician (1500 from 3000).

Someone has to beat the undead/humans, right? :) The question si HOW? So you can exploit any possible leverage over human/undead, to see what is their weakness is and how to disable them the fastest possible.
    Last edited by vlahul82; 05-01-2016 at 12:39.

We warred FREE last age; they were quite unimpressive. Their monarch seemed somewhat of an egotistical tyrant as well...but that's just my 2 cents...
    Cuddly Panda Troll

PyroManiaCs Official Troll from April 13th 2014 to January 2015

Quote Originally Posted by bluorr View Post

http://peppie.syrion.net/KD/KDppl2.htm#Peppie
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thread Information