Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Province Management Spreadsheet

Awesome, thank you!

Possible to convert the Libs and Schools to Labs and Universities? I've been using Libs and just change the %Science increase to match what I'm actually getting. (I think the just changing the 2 to 4, and the 0.5 to 0.95 in the formula should do the trick for labs)

Quote Originally Posted by hwulf View Post
    Awesome, thank you!

Possible to convert the Libs and Schools to Labs and Universities? I've been using Libs and just change the %Science increase to match what I'm actually getting. (I think the just changing the 2 to 4, and the 0.5 to 0.95 in the formula should do the trick for labs)
    Well, that's embarrassing. I literally forgot that change was a thing. I'll get to work on it right away :)

Utopia Province Management v1.3a (Age 71)

Alright, that's been fixed! In addition, I reviewed several other fields on the spreadsheet and made a few other additions/corrections as well. Refer to the changelog tab for more info, but I'll note one thing here: I plan on adding a section for negative spell modifiers (Blizzard BE reduction, Gluttony food consumption, etc.). Expect the next version within a week :)
    Last edited by Crystopher; 17-03-2017 at 01:04.

Looks like Labs are maxing out at %30 Sci Spawn rate. Should be %95? And Uni's should be 87.5%, not 37.5%?

Sorry for all the nit picking, this spreadsheet is excellent as is, so if you want me to stop, just say so. :)

Looks like Labs are maxing out at %30 Sci Spawn rate. Should be %95? And Uni's should be 87.5%, not 37.5%?

Sorry for all the nit picking, this spreadsheet is excellent as is, so if you want me to stop, just say so. :)
    No no, keep it coming, please! I try to catch everything but I know I'll miss things here and there. Without you pointing out the the Universities/Laboratories name thing, I wouldn't have reviewed all the formulas like I did :)

Now, as for the max rate, the numbers were pulled directly from the wiki, which shows Labs at 30% max and Unis at 75% max. It looks like I forgot to delete a "3" for the Uni, but I can fix that. Is there another thread or any other source to confirm the Labs max? I've updated the Universities formula for now though.

The cap on lab's bonus is not 30%, probably it's 100% like last age:
    Laboratories 140 14.8% 50.48% increase in new scientists (2.77%)

Also the base is 4% and it's not affected by BE.

Veteran
    Laboratories [ ] 39.2% 95.0% increase in new scientists (0.0%)

Wiki shows 95% for labs and 87.5% for unis. ("Percent MAX" column)

Wiki shows 95% for labs and 87.5% for unis. ("Percent MAX" column)
    Ah, I found the disconnect. The "Growth" page in the wiki has the correct values. I was looking at the "Building Formulas" page, which does not. Updates incoming.

http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...ulas#Buildings

Postaholic
    Glad this is still used and kept alive :)
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Thanks! It's been fun keep up with it, especially with the science changes and all.

More on-point, the OP of this thread has now been updated with the most recent version, for quality-of-life purposes. Expect this to happen going forward :)

EDIT: The spreadsheet has been updated to v1.3b! This update adds functionality for duration debuff spells (Gluttony, Greed, etc.).
    Last edited by Crystopher; 25-03-2017 at 14:44.

Postaholic
    Chrystopher, can we count on this being updated with final age changes in a timely manner? Ie. Before age start..
    Last edited by Tadpole; 19-05-2017 at 06:54.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--

The industrys greats

Quote Originally Posted by Tadpole View Post
    Crystopher, can we count on this being updated with final age changes in a timely manner? Ie. Before age start..
    Yea, I'm back to playing again so I'll be on top of this as soon as the changes drop. Expect an update no later than EOD on May 20th.

Also, keep that extra "H" outta my name :P

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystopher View Post
    Yea, I'm back to playing again so I'll be on top of this as soon as the changes drop. Expect an update no later than EOD on May 20th.

Also, keep that extra "H" outta my name :P
    Coolio!

And sorry, got a few friends with that spelling. It's in my fingers :p
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--

The industrys greats

EDIT: Added Dryad, updates complete!

Greetings everyone! The Province Management Spreadsheet has been updated with the Age 72 changes. It can be accessed via the link below:

Utopia Province Management Spreadsheet v1.4

As always, please let me know if you have any suggestions or if you spot any errors/bugs. Thanks!

~Crystopher~
    Last edited by Crystopher; 21-05-2017 at 07:01. Reason: Final update!

Here's the version I use, updated with all new changes. It works a bit differently from the other one in that you can lock in desired DPA/TPA/WPA and play with different things to maximise OPA. Or alternatively it will tell you max DPA (w/0 OPA) for the T/Ms.

Also reworked basically every formula and the tables to update race/personality modifiers so it's easier in future.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5...jBBczFnLWY1TnM

At some point I'll create a version that allows you to compare multiple province setups in the one sheet, so you can test different races/personalities/builds/etc and tweak your strategy.

Thread Information