Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Province Management Spreadsheet

Quote Originally Posted by rob418 View Post
    Here's the version I use, updated with all new changes. It works a bit differently from the other one in that you can lock in desired DPA/TPA/WPA and play with different things to maximise OPA. Or alternatively it will tell you max DPA (w/0 OPA) for the T/Ms.

Also reworked basically every formula and the tables to update race/personality modifiers so it's easier in future.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5...jBBczFnLWY1TnM

At some point I'll create a version that allows you to compare multiple province setups in the one sheet, so you can test different races/personalities/builds/etc and tweak your strategy.
    Just wanted to respond to the bolded portions real quick:

1) You can also lock in desired TPA/DPA/WPA on the sheet I'm maintaining. It's misleading to indicate otherwise.
    2) You say reworked, but it really looks like you directly ripped off many of the formulas and fields.

I'm all for maintaining and sharing this tool for community usage, but I'm not a fan of having the work I put in being passed off as someone else's.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystopher View Post

1) You can also lock in desired TPA/DPA/WPA on the sheet I'm maintaining. It's misleading to indicate otherwise.
    2) You say reworked, but it really looks like you directly ripped off many of the formulas and fields.

I'm all for maintaining and sharing this tool for community usage, but I'm not a fan of having the work I put in being passed off as someone else's.
    Thanks for the sheet, and the work you did on it.

There's a credit on the top row 'Created by Tadpole aka Tadarch. Maintained by Crystopher. Last Updated by rob418 Age 72 (final changes)'

I've created this for my own use and am sharing it because others might get something from the changes I've made. Posting in this thread and including a reference to the people who created and maintained the sheet seems a reasonable way to give credit.

Absolutely this started off as your spreadsheet a while ago and has changed since then to meet my needs. The fields and layout are largely the same, the formulas have be re-written. The locking in DPA thing works differently if you take a look. Mine locks in a mDPA. Yours uses elites/defs per acre. My original issue was that it was difficult to keep the exact mDPA I wanted while playing with various other inputs.

EDIT: Also I'll say it again, thanks for your work creating/maintaining this sheet, if it hadn't been maintained I wouldn't have been able to customise what I want. In no way do i want to take any credit from you.

Latest version... the first sheet allows you to compare multiple provinces in the one view. E.g. I've loaded it with 8 different attacker strats to compare the new race to UD, Orc, Avian.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1su...PzVro_p7RAokWM
    Last edited by rob418; 21-05-2017 at 12:13.

Do you have the scenarios for Human Sage and Human Tact? I really like this spreed sheet but it seems very overwhelming for me to mess with, without fear of messing it all up.
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. -George S. Patton

Postaholic
    Absolutely this started off as your spreadsheet
    EDIT: Also I'll say it again, thanks for your work creating/maintaining this sheet
    ... hrm
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Nevermind, it didnt open in docs before so it didnt allow me to edit. I am good now :D
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. -George S. Patton

There's a credit on the top row 'Created by Tadpole aka Tadarch. Maintained by Crystopher. Last Updated by rob418 Age 72 (final changes)'

I've created this for my own use and am sharing it because others might get something from the changes I've made. Posting in this thread and including a reference to the people who created and maintained the sheet seems a reasonable way to give credit.

Absolutely this started off as your spreadsheet a while ago and has changed since then to meet my needs. The fields and layout are largely the same, the formulas have be re-written. The locking in DPA thing works differently if you take a look. Mine locks in a mDPA. Yours uses elites/defs per acre. My original issue was that it was difficult to keep the exact mDPA I wanted while playing with various other inputs.

EDIT: Also I'll say it again, thanks for your work creating/maintaining this sheet, if it hadn't been maintained I wouldn't have been able to customise what I want. In no way do i want to take any credit from you.
    Just to clarify, this is Tadpole's sheet, not mine. I've also been maintaining it with her permission, something I'm not sure you've done yourself (you certainly never asked me). You didn't create anything; you copied everything from Tadpole's sheet and changed the layout, but literally just about everything is the same. That's the problem I have with this.

You can say thanks all you want and say you didn't intend to take someone else's work, but that's exactly what you've done here.

Is it really work when you're doing what you love?
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Does it incorporate the Dryad's "Each acre produces food" bonus? (I checked the "Suggested Farms" cell and it doesn't seem to.)

Of course, the final changes don't tell us how many food per acre, so I imagine it'd be hard to incorporate that at this moment, lol.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz...m1LRVdnNms4LTA

These sheets have it working correctly. Please make sure all credit goes to Crystopher though as it is his thread.

Swagsheet has macro tools such as chain simulation and automated solver-based optimization (no "playing around with variables" necessary). The spreadsheet is just a spreadsheet. For the fearful and non-trusting types.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Quote Originally Posted by yootohpeega View Post
    Does it incorporate the Dryad's "Each acre produces food" bonus? (I checked the "Suggested Farms" cell and it doesn't seem to.)

Of course, the final changes don't tell us how many food per acre, so I imagine it'd be hard to incorporate that at this moment, lol.
    That's exactly right. Once I know the actual figure then I'll incorporate it into the sheet.

EDIT: Added Dryad, updates complete!

Greetings everyone! The Province Management Spreadsheet has been updated with the Age 72 changes. It can be accessed via the link below:

Utopia Province Management Spreadsheet v1.4

As always, please let me know if you have any suggestions or if you spot any errors/bugs. Thanks!

~Crystopher~
    I just opened this and it seems wrong?

The default is set to orc wh - which is listed in the sheet as +25 gains (this might be right but thought it was 26%) and +20 offensive and defensive losses?
    Last edited by Pillz; 22-05-2017 at 19:03. Reason: Nvm I see the build has hosps and after checking avian the gains are additive rather than multiplicative

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    I just opened this and it seems wrong?

The default is set to orc wh - which is listed in the sheet as +25 gains (this might be right but thought it was 26%) and +20 offensive and defensive losses?

Just to clarify, there's no default, it was just the last race that was tested. Since the gains question is cleared up in your EDIT comment, that just leaves the losses question:

I'm not sure where you're getting +20% offensive/defensive losses, but that's meant to be read as +10% military casualties (which is the same as +10% defensive casualties and +10% offensive casualties).

Ya it was saying - 80 not +110 I just got internally confused and then noticed the hosps which cleared it up for me sorry I that wasn't clear in the edit.

Also it doesn't seem Warrior ome isn't being counted? Trying changing it to war as well.

Thread Information