Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Province Management Spreadsheet

Again, my sheet has nothing to do with munk's tool. This sheet was created using the formulas found on the Utopia Wiki, and I just went through and verified that my spreadsheet matches the formulas found in the wiki. I cannot speak for the discrepancy between my tool and munk's, only that if you're trying to point out errors within mine that you should refer back to the UtoWiki or link me a thread containing the correct info.

With that said, I did notice that on my spreadsheet the offense and defense values (not OPA/DPA) are off by 2.8pts and 1pt respectively. This is well within my margin of error, however, so I'm going to leave it as is. I should note that these calculations I used only 1gen as that's a more realistic scenario and gives a more accurate look at what needs to be corrected.

EDIT: Updated the OP of this thread with a link to the most recent version; not sure why I didn't think to do that sooner.
    Last edited by Crystopher; 14-08-2017 at 20:47.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by adega View Post

With these numbers i get diferent opa and dpa when i compare munk sim to this sheet and also diferente %effects from labs and unis
    It should be fairly easy to check whether Munk and/or the spreadsheet is wrong on labs and uni effects given that that there is only one thing in the labs formula (lab effects) and two in unis (uni effects and BE). If you post what Munk is telling you the effect is and what the spreadsheet is saying, then it would be possible to check.

there is an even bigger diference from munk and spreadsheet values compared to utopia numbers...

In munk 22,5% unis at 400 acres protected about 30% science, Spreadsheet 45% but real game protects 86%!!!!

So i guess i'll just try to guess some numbers based on this.

Cheers all and tnx

Quote Originally Posted by adega View Post
    there is an even bigger diference from munk and spreadsheet values compared to utopia numbers...

In munk 22,5% unis at 400 acres protected about 30% science, Spreadsheet 45% but real game protects 86%!!!!

So i guess i'll just try to guess some numbers based on this.

Cheers all and tnx
    well that is a problem, because the Age changes clearly state;

Universities - Effects from Universities will be reduced to a maximum reduction of 50%, and the rate of effect will begin at 2.5%
    It would be dependent on BE, but I believe 22.5% Universities should provide ~35% protection with ~80% BE.

Even last Age I wouldn't expect Unis to protect that much at 22%, it would be more in the 50-60% range

Veteran
    Need to know what BE % that is at (in spreadsheet, munk and game) to be able to check which, if any, is right according to the expected formula.

If the game is saying 86% then I think that may be a bug as it was meant to be changed to cap at 50% - am in a rush now though and maybe missing something obvious.

Edit: RattleHead posted at the same time and said it better :)

Pretty much what Rattlehead said. The wiki has yet to be updated (I'll be getting to it over the next few days if nobody else gets to it first), so if you're going off those numbers then you're incorrect. You gotta remember to verify the new age changes vs the wiki, especially right after an age starts.

Any chance this was reported, or can be confirmed that Uni's are bugged?

Postaholic
    Tumbs up for all your work chrystopher!
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystopher View Post
    EDIT: Updated for Age 73:
    Utopia Province Management Spreadsheet v1.5

----

Hello everyone! Anyone remember that spreadsheet that Tadpole made for macro-level province planning? If you don't, well, it was a pretty awesome tool and I've been using it for the past several ages to plan things out. At some point, around age 64, I didn't see any further updates to it and that made me a little sad. So I've since taken it upon myself to keep it updated for every new age and I thought it'd be nice to share the updated version with the community.

I've actually spoken with Tadpole and ran it by her first; I don't want to take credit for building the sheet (those formulas are beyond me, at least at the moment). I do plan to continue keeping it updated as necessary. I've kept the original layout and functionality, with the exception of the science calculator; the old version let you enter the percentage of books per category to see how many books you would need for each category, while with the new version you enter in the number of books to assign to each category. This was done for my own benefit, so if the older version is preferred I'll work with Tadpole to restore the original functionality.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the sheet :)
    Pretty sure Tadpole is an amphibian and thus should be referred to as an 'it'. Stupid Tadpole who disbanded Roughknecks and made me loose my Icecream Truck full of unwilling gurlz :(

Thank you Tadpole and Crystopher! This is gold!!

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Lady View Post
    Thank you Tadpole and Crystopher! This is gold!!

Crystropher: +OME Honor bonus in OME cell G39 is multiplied, but should be additive. So should read (G37+N13+C40)... and not G37+N13*(1+C40).
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Cant wait for the new sheet :D

Ya, hurry up! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tadpole View Post

Crystopher: +OME Honor bonus in OME cell G39 is multiplied, but should be additive. So should read (G37+N13+C40)... and not G37+N13*(1+C40).
    Thanks Taddy! I'll get that corrected ASAP :)

@oreko and Rattlehead: Comin right up, I should have it completed by EOD tomorrow :)

I've been on a bit of a hiatus due to RL issues, but I'm back and raring to get back into Uto!

Good to hear! Looking forward to it

Thread Information