Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Intentional farmouts

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Meep View Post
    I draw the line at when a KD bullies other KDs to withdraw from crown contention because someone farmed out to them, they should expect some comeuppance when they are the beneficiaries of a farmout.

I think that when a KD decides that they are to be the crusaders of fair play, they can expect their each and every action to be scrutinized.
    If you have the strength then wave them when they are oow. If you want to personally punish a farm war GG. If you want the community to act the offense has to be more then just a kd taking advantage of a naturally occurring situation, and some proof should be shown.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by beans View Post
    If you have the strength then wave them when they are oow. If you want to personally punish a farm war GG. If you want the community to act the offense has to be more then just a kd taking advantage of a naturally occurring situation, and some proof should be shown.
    But, BB says it doesn't matter if it's a naturally occurring situation:

Quote Originally Posted by Flogger
    There can't be though. Intent can't be the determining factor since you can never prove it. I can easily 100% make a farm war that no one could ever prove much more convincing than one kingdom giving all their land (pew) and one kingdom getting like 5 provinces of theirs severely learned, which is about all the damage rage took here. Its entirely possible that a member of rage knew the farmout would occur when the other 24 players did not. You cannot base it on whether it was agreed upon.

You can keep quoting flogger all you want, we don't care if that's his stance, it's not ours. Intent or actual proof of wrongdoing does matter to us...

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale View Post
    You can keep quoting flogger all you want, we don't care if that's his stance, it's not ours. Intent or actual proof of wrongdoing does matter to us...
    And I don't care if you want to action them?

If it was intentional and a plant by them, then it will get actioned by Bishop.

If it was not a provable plant by them, then it's just them benefiting from a situation they've condemned in the past, which you've already said you wouldn't action them for.

You're graspoing for straws concerning holding them accountable for something they condemned in the past. What they actually condemned (please correct me if I'm wrong ofc) was a known kingdom benefiting from another known kd farming out to them, which is obvious chart shaping. That's not the same as farming a dumb ghetto who gave you a button. The issue for most concerning the current war would be if a plant was involved. No plant, no wrong doing. And yeah you have to prove something like that. Farming ghettos is not good for the game. Warring kingdoms going sub 25 players on purpose and land dropping to bait weaker kds into farm wars is also bad for the game. The only way to "stop" this stuff is mechanics changes rather than community action. Some things are provable, some just aren't. If we punish 10 guys and 1 of those 10 was innocent then we've failed. Certainty is necessary for action. I treat others as I'd expect to be treated. If i was dumb enough to give a stronger kd a button, I'd expect to get bashed into the ground and be forced to learn from it. If one of my guys hit into a stronger kd a bunch of times we'd just kill him off. Heck, if someone 5x hit a kd like that guy did I'd scold him and if there was no response, he'd be dead well before he could hit again. It's unfortunate that the game has fallen this far that there are bad kds the same size as good kds because of poor protection mechanics, and so many kingdoms, seemingly, without good leadership. That's the real issue here, not some big name kd farming a ghetto. It's all symptoms of this game declining which is unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pale View Post
    The issue for most concerning the current war would be if a plant was involved. No plant, no wrong doing.
    Pale, I'm not even sure who you are. Do you play for BB? Are you 100% certain that there was no plant, agreement, or knowledge from inside?

Because I'm the kind of person who doesn't make accusations without proof. You're probably unaware of wrongdoing, so I'm just telling you that you should probably find out what is going on in your kd leadership before just "being a good soldier" and trying to lawyer this.

I'm saying this generally because the last time something like this happened and no one believed me, even Bishop that has significantly more data than I do, there was a lot of crow to be eaten when I was proven to be right.

When something doesn't pass the smell test and then I get some evidence from a very credible source to suggest some wrongdoing, it's almost always likely to be true.
    "Godly, you do realized that you have just sealed your faith now, right?"

Quote Originally Posted by Godly View Post
    Pale, I'm not even sure who you are. Do you play for BB? Are you 100% certain that there was no plant, agreement, or knowledge from inside?

Because I'm the kind of person who doesn't make accusations without proof. You're probably unaware of wrongdoing, so I'm just telling you that you should probably find out what is going on in your kd leadership before just "being a good soldier" and trying to lawyer this.

I'm saying this generally because the last time something like this happened and no one believed me, even Bishop that has significantly more data than I do, there was a lot of crow to be eaten when I was proven to be right.

When something doesn't pass the smell test and then I get some evidence from a very credible source to suggest some wrongdoing, it's almost always likely to be true.
    Lay the evidence out and we'd be happy to help decide. Otherwise I think most of us stand innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around.

Do you have enough evidence that you would have CR act on it?
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Report it, Protector being Protector, im sure he'll action this shortly... oh wait it's BB doing shady things once again, good grief when will people learn that BB walks the walk but doesn't actually do as they talk.

Protector being his usual double standard, defender of everything right as long as doesn't include him and BB.

Should get gb or gains removed from this fake war / farmout, seeing once again bb sets a dangerous presidence.

Godly hook me up with your location I got a beef with zauper and I made a quick ghetto prov, I'll like to hit him 8 times too.

Anri you and panda too, and possibly pyro and who else BB competing with just to make it fair.
    Last edited by Aranfein; 10-01-2016 at 01:56.
    War is what happens when language fails.

Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    Lay the evidence out and we'd be happy to help decide. Otherwise I think most of us stand innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around.

Do you have enough evidence that you would have CR act on it?
    Hey man I didn't start the ****ing thread. Since it's out in the open, I'll talk about what I know. I've seen the evidence and it's damning. It's also not my place to discuss sources or whatever because I wasn't there.

This isn't a thread for "call to action" and none of you guys in here can even take action and neither will we, but I have no reason to lie. Most people in utopia know that I'm a very level headed dude that doesn't just spew bull**** to ruin people's reputations.

The way I see it is the only way for this "rumor" to not be true is if the logical assumptions that were made with the evidence aren't true. I'd give it less than a 2% chance. So yeah there's a 2% chance that I'm wrong. Being an engineer, I take those odds all day.

Hopefully this will all resolve itself because I have trust in the principals to do the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranfein View Post
    Report it
    Bishop has already stated that it's not against the ToS regardless of whether or not it's extremely unethical (my opinion, not his). It hasn't already been actioned for a reason. He won't do it.

One of the main problems we have here is that we enacted fake war rules in the ruleset side by side with increased war win bonuses but the administration is unwilling to action kingdoms that are the recipients of the fake war unless there is a multi involved.

You can't have it both ways. Either remove these ridiculous war win bonuses or let fake wars be legal. If you're threatening to action fake wars, this is by far the most damning evidence that I've ever seen from a top kingdom. If THIS doesn't get actioned, I can't possibly understand what should be.

The aftermath of this is that any player in this game can random into a kingdom and 2 wave into their former kingdom OOP and boom free 2 wpa and 5k+ acres. This is about as blatant as a fake war as I can think of.

So let's discuss... what constitutes a fake war?
    Less than 10 hits over a 4 day period? Check.
    Your former kingdommate giving the button? Check.

What else is there? What can possibly be worse than this?
    Last edited by Godly; 10-01-2016 at 02:15.

I don't play. If there is evidence then great, action away. If not, then don't.
    Last edited by Pale; 10-01-2016 at 02:19.

I've reported anyway, simply because it goes against the spirit of the rules, especially seeing enemy kd hardly hit back... It should be considered a fake war for obvious reasons, if it's not actioned it sets an extremely bad presidence, one ill happily sort every age over and over again seeing I'm not in a kd, so I'll just x8 the kds I like at the top..

If Bishop won't action it, BB should in the spirit of "feyr" play... lol Yea I nearly choked on that one from laughter.
    War is what happens when language fails.

Hey man I didn't start the ****ing thread. Since it's out in the open, I'll talk about what I know. I've seen the evidence and it's damning. It's also not my place to discuss sources or whatever because I wasn't there.

This isn't a thread for "call to action" and none of you guys in here can even take action and neither will we, but I have no reason to lie. Most people in utopia know that I'm a very level headed dude that doesn't just spew bull**** to ruin people's reputations.

The way I see it is the only way for this "rumor" to not be true is if the logical assumptions that were made with the evidence aren't true. I'd give it less than a 2% chance. So yeah there's a 2% chance that I'm wrong. Being an engineer, I take those odds all day.

Hopefully this will all resolve itself because I have trust in the principals to do the right thing.
    No you didn't start the thread, which I am glad you didn't. This thread from the very title is accusations and insinuations without facts. It has been Meep mudslinging. Your comments have been an attempt to sway opinion as you present your opinion as informative and to be with insight, it still doesn't provide the evidence.

If what you know isn't enough for CR to action then I'd assume it isn't enough for the community to action. Though CR is for more honorable than the community.

Bishop has already stated that it's not against the ToS regardless of whether or not it's extremely unethical (my opinion, not his). It hasn't already been actioned for a reason. He won't do it.

One of the main problems we have here is that we enacted fake war rules in the ruleset side by side with increased war win bonuses but the administration is unwilling to action kingdoms that are the recipients of the fake war unless there is a multi involved.

You can't have it both ways. Either remove these ridiculous war win bonuses or let fake wars be legal. If you're threatening to action fake wars, this is by far the most damning evidence that I've ever seen from a top kingdom. If THIS doesn't get actioned, I can't possibly understand what should be.

The aftermath of this is that any player in this game can random into a kingdom and 2 wave into their former kingdom OOP and boom free 2 wpa and 5k+ acres. This is about as blatant as a fake war as I can think of.

So let's discuss... what constitutes a fake war?
    Less than 10 hits over a 4 day period? Check.
    Your former kingdommate giving the button? Check.

What else is there? What can possibly be worse than this?
    If there is proof that it is a former kd mate then I am 100% on your side with this. I just haven't been shown any proof, sadly just opinions and w.e the hell meep is spewing.
    This war looks very reminiscent of Outplayerz v Sleepy. Unless there is proof it was kd mate. So to condemn BB for this and to have not condemned Sleepy seems outrageous. In fact Sleepy had to nw drop to declare thus the starting sizes were far more extreme than this conflict. I spoke out against Sleepy at that time and I do believe I was alone in that.

I do respect your reputation and I don't think you'd say these things just to give BB a bad rep, you do have reason to lie seeing as they are competition but I don't believe you'd do that here. I hope you're right and protector will handle this within.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranfein View Post
    I've reported anyway, simply because it goes against the spirit of the rules, especially seeing enemy kd hardly hit back... It should be considered a fake war for obvious reasons, if it's not actioned it sets an extremely bad presidence, one ill happily sort every age over and over again seeing I'm not in a kd, so I'll just x8 the kds I like at the top..

If Bishop won't action it, BB should in the spirit of "feyr" play... lol Yea I nearly choked on that one from laughter.
    You're an exemplary member of the community. Glad you can be the change you want to see in utopia.

If you think I need to start a rumor because of competition, that's nuts. I can't provide the evidence here because I don't own it. It's out there, though. If the person who owns it chooses to come forward, that's their decision.

And we won't action it because it isn't our responsibility to action it. It says right in the terms of service that fake wars are illegal. If we want to spend every round having a gangbang because people can't ****ing compete without being ethical then whatever I don't even want to play here anymore. A game needs rules and an administration willing to enforce them. This isn't just a game of checkers. This is THREE MONTHS+ of our lives setting alarms waking up in the middle of the night, doing excel spreadsheets, dealing with problems, stress, etc. I haven't even had a night of sleep since the round started.

That's all that I will contribute to this thread because I understand that people want proof and it's not mine to give.
    Last edited by Godly; 10-01-2016 at 02:45.

Thread Information