Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The CF and messaging culture

The CF and messaging culture

So on one side you have this:

Real Date Mon, 11 Jan at 22:46 GMT+00:00
    Sender King Hodor the Sorcerer of Outplayerz Empire (x:x)
    Recipient King grandMA the Rogue of Hop (x:x)
    Subject Make my life easy please

Could you please just make my and your life easy here? I'm already wasting far too much time on a deal that really should go without saying, and you're forcing me into a situation I do not want to be in, nor would most of your guys like it.

The community is also unequivocal about this, you're just being stubborn for no good reason other than to be stubborn. The EOA CF allows me to go about my age without having to worry about vlad (your claims that we have nothing to worry about are worth nothing to me). I need something set in stone that I can use should you choose to ruin our age later on, just as you need it should we engage.

There are really only winners there and both sides can go about their business like this.

---

on the other side you have this discussion i observed:

[07:58:12] <s> and utopians today. cf cf cf cf
    [07:59:15] <s> dont see any reaspn at aøø to cf
    [07:59:15] <s> at all*
    [08:00:23] <s> this is a game. you're supposed to be taken with ypur pants down sometimes. modern utopia is ****ed up, war warnings, cf.... jeeeesus
    [08:01:57] <r> I think top kingdoms call it a "notice" which means they want to war you. I laughed my balls out of my pants when I first read that.
    [08:02:09] <s> and he's threatening us to accept a cf. what an ass. no way in hell, i'd rather be gbed
    [08:02:12] <r> **** your notice and bring it on.

------

i find myself wondering: is this "msg for war" and CF culture something everybody really wanted, or is it borne out of game mechanics where cash is scarce and wages/training costs/trooplosses are ridiculous? I havent personally met any player who lauds this new utopia where the thought of doing an unannounced hostile wave is a faux pas.

the Spartan monarch claims that the need for a CF with them is unequivocally supported by "the community". Even in the case that that's not true, there must be a reason he believes this.

What do you think, Utopian community? Do you sympathize with the sentiments in the first message, or the short convo in the second?

Me, i'm leaning second.
    FREE

Forum Addict
    July 11 of YR0 #52
    King Hodor the Sorcerer of
    Outplayerz Empire in
    Spartaculent Republic (x:xx)

Monarch
    its simple. either u eoa cf with option of war by mutual consent. OR we dont consider conflict as finished. by then running into hostile/war wont help ya. were not like the other war tier cowards. we stuck through a GB last age and managed to win our war while getting 500 razes. u guys can choose.
    Here is his last message, Spartans are so worried about us that they are trying to threaten us into accepting a CF.

Do you think this is okay? Shouldn't kds decide their own cfs?

I can tell you one thing, this has done nothing but rally FREE against Spartans. Before this, only a few hated Spartans' guts. Now, we all do.

If there ever was a chance of accepting CF with Spartans before, that chance is now long gone. I'd probably quit utopia rather than accept a forced CF.

Spartans are the product of a modern utopia. You all need "notice" before warring, and you cf everyone on the server. This game should be all about uncertainties, taking people with their pants down. The game is much more exciting and fun then, not predictable and boring as it is now.

I want old utopia back! Modern utopia stinks in so many ways; change your attitudes!

I'll rather die a martyr than CF Spartans.
    Last edited by stoffi; 12-01-2016 at 07:42.
    ABS vs Rangers

Nothing modern here. CFs have been part of game for most of utopia history. I don't know if CF with notice period agreement are still around. At least none seem to be talking about them in forums.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Coren View Post
    Nothing modern here. CFs have been part of game for most of utopia history. I don't know if CF with notice period agreement are still around. At least none seem to be talking about them in forums.
    Ofc CFs have always existed, but nowadays, everything is so static and predictable. When I left, I was part of leadership in HaLL of Heroes, who later won crowns by joining Absalom, so I know how it was. It wasn't like this, give notice before war... pffff
    ABS vs Rangers

Unequivocal my ass.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

CF terms lead to wars that are glorious like the 95-96 Bulls
    No CF terms is like watching the 2016 76ers
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

Enthusiast
    Fear the KD 66% your size....
    BLUE your my boy!

Veteran
    This is how Utopia works.

- The old boys club (the majority of the top 10) will create these alliances so they can feed on the weak without consequence.
    - They will use terms to act like dicks and pretend they are in the correct. The old boys will pat them on the back and take their side, because defending these politics is in their best interests.
    - They will abuse relations to get free hits on smaller kds in return for an eoa cf.
    - They will rally their friends and gangbang at will when a kingdom doesn't do as they tell them, all in the name of diplomacy.

This all becomes very clear when you look at Cello's post history urging FREE to accept a CF with the Spartans when it has absolutely nothing to do with him.

Forum Fanatic
    well it is kind of annoying when a smaller ghetto won't cf...

i do think though with so few competitors in the game that the diplomacy is a bit over the top.

But here's the biggest thing: an EOACF in YR0? What? lmfao? are they offering land in return?

The Jerks.

Look Peppie it's all very simple.

1. You dealbroke our war agreement.

2. Vlad, who according to your own words is in charge of the kingdom, publicly stated you would do everything to ruin our age.

3. We're bigger than you and more skilled.

4. Because we're bigger we can choose to farm you. The fact that you're smaller or have just warred us does not change that.

5. Instead of farming you, we offered you a way to continue our age without drama. There are 150 other KDs you can war, 1 CF won't hurt you.

6. The fact that we're bigger and better than you guys forces you to choose between being farmed or accepting a CF. Whereas most KDs would ask for compensation, especially after your dealbreak and forum rants, bart/heaven asked for none.

FS made use of their size last age to wave SS and take resources. What do you think SS would've done if before the wave FS would've given them a free CF, refuse it? It is really beyond me why you guys would refuse a CF at this stage. What do you think Spartan leadership would do when Emeriti, CR and Pandas offered Sparta a free CF?

The fact you refuse to accept it simply proves that you intend to jump us later during the age. We're not going to take that risk. If you wanted to screw us, you should've won your war against us. You've had your chance and you lost.

Also, your argument about the "establishment" is a huge fallacy. We're not part of the establishment, we were GBed by the "establishment" last age. You guys see too much. This is simply a KD that uses diplomacy to cover its back so it can continue to play the game in a positive way.
    Last edited by JohnnyReid; 12-01-2016 at 09:32.

Post Demon
    Looks to me CF request is result of vlahul's trashtalking, spartans want to cover their backs.
    If you going to vent on forums gotta expect some people are going to take you seriously.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by peppie View Post
    long stuff
    its very naive to expect a 'normal' treatment after trashtalking & threating the opponent kd in all ways possible..

Postaholic
    i dont get problem here, if you dont want cf then dont cf, you if you dont want play the game alot of others is playing dont play it, did you consider they dont want to play the game you play ?.
    The bottom line is DEAL with it, i my self HATE cf and notice but i also know if i dont do them i get skrewede sometimes, and sometimes when i do them i also get skrewde (more often then not)

It all comes down to you, play like you want to play, but dont cry when they then play the game they want/is use to and that might includ keep hammering you down, just like you would sit and wait for every lil chance you get to get back the revenge you want so bad.

Stop the wimping play the game its FREE

Post Fiend
    Basically, Spartans are cowards. We already figured that out. Go ahead and GB FREE some more, show the rest of us a little more of your "class".

Accept cf =>
    Pros: No risk of getting hit by spartans
    Cons: Cant hit spartans

Reject cr =>
    Pros: Can hit spartans
    Cons: Risk getting hit by spartans

This is no different then any other 2 kingdoms who ever had a war.
    Pick one and continue your age.

Thread Information