Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The CF and messaging culture

Postaholic
    dont reject CR ;/

Quote Originally Posted by LoRD_SaMPuaN View Post
    its very naive to expect a 'normal' treatment after trashtalking & threating the opponent kd in all ways possible..
    Oh man this is pure comedy gold.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Unequivocal my ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike^ View Post
    i dont get problem here, if you dont want cf then dont cf, you if you dont want play the game alot of others is playing dont play it, did you consider they dont want to play the game you play ?.
    The bottom line is DEAL with it, i my self HATE cf and notice but i also know if i dont do them i get skrewede sometimes, and sometimes when i do them i also get skrewde (more often then not)
    ^These two things.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyReid View Post
    1. You dealbroke our war agreement.

2. Vlad, who according to your own words is in charge of the kingdom, publicly stated you would do everything to ruin our age.

3. We're bigger than you and more skilled.

4. Because we're bigger we can choose to farm you. The fact that you're smaller or have just warred us does not change that.

5. Instead of farming you, we offered you a way to continue our age without drama. There are 150 other KDs you can war, 1 CF won't hurt you.

6. The fact that we're bigger and better than you guys forces you to choose between being farmed or accepting a CF. Whereas most KDs would ask for compensation, especially after your dealbreak and forum rants, bart/heaven asked for none.
    1-2) 'We absolutely can not trust you, so we need your word that you won't attack us' Do you guys hear yourselves? lol

3-6) If you're bigger, and better, and can farm them, then why not farm them? Good kingdoms don't just turn down free land.

Needs to get out more
    I think I'm understood for once. Carry on gentlemen.
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Why are you wanting others to tell you how to negotiate an agreement. Why not meet somewhere in the middle and set up a CF until a designated time or set contingencies based on size at YR5 or something. Of course reading through Peppie and Vlad's comments it seems like they don't like the idea behind CF's with notices + other variables to determine whether or not someone can randomly wave another kd. For this reason I'm under the impression you will just go along w/out any cf and get hit up by Spartans until they feel 'comfortably' larger as to not worry about being hit by FREE.

I can understand why they want such an arrangement confirmed with ingame messages as proof. Peppie seems an honorable guy at least, so his word should mean something. Vlad, however, is a loose cannon....

If anything, Spartans are being quite reasonable. The threats in the forums uttered by Vlad can't be ignored.

Like posts before this one suggest: just pick one and live with the consequences...
    Cuddly Panda Troll

PyroManiaCs Official Troll from April 13th 2014 to January 2015

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by LoRD_SaMPuaN View Post
    its very naive to expect a 'normal' treatment after trashtalking & threating the opponent kd in all ways possible..
    I love the irony of this statement.

Forum Addict
    Powerplaying smaller kds is always charming. Never thought Spartans would be so afraid that they would tarnish their reputation like this. First dealbreaking 20 times harder than our little mistake, then they celebrate it with powerplaying a smaller kd. Way to go, Spartans.
    ABS vs Rangers

Post Fiend
    how can Sparta dealbroke when the deal was already broken by FREE? dealbreak a broken deal?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    Powerplaying smaller kds is always charming. Never thought Spartans would be so afraid that they would tarnish their reputation like this. First dealbreaking 20 times harder than our little mistake, then they celebrate it with powerplaying a smaller kd. Way to go, Spartans.
    Free dealbroke, what happened after that is meaningless, the deal was obsolete at that time. There's no dealbreaking harder, there's dealbreaking and whatever the kingdom you dealbroke does in return is a consequence of your dealbreak. Last time my kingdom was dealbroken it cost the opposing kingdom 10 province deaths. Is that worse than what they did to us? Of course it is, but that's the gamble you take when you dealbreak. Sometimes you can get away with minor benefits and other times you get beaten down mercilessly and I generally hope the retribution for a dealbreak is so bad, the dealbreaking kingdom will think twice to do it again. You got off easy.

Spartans isn't powerplaying, they are offering you a very generous way to tap out after you've threathened to ruin their age and after your dealbreak. If you choose not to end the fight, there's nothing wrong with them continuing to beat you down instead of waiting for you to build back up again just to stab them in the back.
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike^ View Post
    dont reject CR ;/
    #RebelNation
    Age 69 Goal: Make Korp lul

Post Demon
    Slow the **** down.

Vlahul has said repeatedly that he intended to screw over Spartans age and get back at them later.

Why the **** wouldn't Spartans want to lock up relations for the rest of the age with you now?

--

Haven't you had like, this exact situation with Palem less than a year ago Peppie?

Postaholic
    War is just another stance. A conflict is only over when both parties says so, and doesn't end with mechanic changes (like being pushed into eowcf because someone surrendered). If you want a conflict to end, negotiate.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Quote Originally Posted by Meep View Post
    Slow the **** down.

Vlahul has said repeatedly that he intended to screw over Spartans age and get back at them later.

Why the **** wouldn't Spartans want to lock up relations for the rest of the age with you now?

--

Haven't you had like, this exact situation with Palem less than a year ago Peppie?
    Sorry, but cfs are not binding. In what way does asking someone to make a deal because you dont trust them in any way stop them breaking another deal?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by jwuzi View Post
    #RebelNation
    :-) nobody is trying to screw the acre sorting program. There's just some kinks in the hardware.
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information