Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The CF and messaging culture

Quote Originally Posted by DM_Benjamin View Post
    CF terms lead to wars that are glorious like the 95-96 Bulls
    No CF terms is like watching the 2016 76ers
    Umm I would disagree- no notice leads to wars like the 96 bulls or 2016 golden state. BLOW OUT.
    My life is better then yours.

Regular
    Alright time to simplify the timeline here

Free calls out spartans to war
    Free dealbreaks Spartans, Spartans in turn do it back
    Spartans win the war
    Free vows that whenever they can they will screw with the Spartans age and try to get the community on thier side.
    That doesnt happen and free then backs down and says "no wait we dont trust YOU enough to CF but YOU can trust US enough to say we wont mess with you" which goes against what was said previously by Frees mouthpiece.
    Spartans offer a eoacf with the possibility of a war in the future if both sides are on equal level.
    Free says no screw you, stop trying to bully a smaller kd than you.
    Spartans step up the game AFTER V says that the only way they would CF is if the Spartans would give them land and honor (still hilarious might I add)
    Spartans now say cf or we will raze you
    Free still says no and says Spartans are bullies.

I thought that would make everything more simple but now that im done writing it I have just left myself thinking... Wtf....

Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    lots of words
    He mad

Enthusiast
    Also id like to add that sparta is asking for zero concessions. Historically in similar positions many kds have been forced to agree to acre caps or not competing for certain crowns. We are in no way trying to punish FREE or force them not to be able to compete to the best of their ability. Considering what FREE has said about sparta and their plans, and the relative positions of the kds, this seems to be a very generous CF offer.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    Like that?

Yes, we will fight back if attacked...? What should I say? We will roll over and play dead?

No one in FREE wants to continue this conflict, Bart. It's up to you what you do, but we won't CF. That ship sailed once you threatened us.
    Until you take action against us, we will treat you the same as anyone else, and we will not actively seek you out to get any kind of revenge. That's the words of both Vlad and Peppie just now.

Hasta la vista, you know our position.
    ABS vs Rangers

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Not the exact situation. I've proven to keep my word lol
    Have you?

Didn't you promise to go on a crusade against FREE, and then back down almost immediately when Aterro cried about FREE saying 'okay two can play at that game'?

Quote Originally Posted by beans View Post
    Also id like to add that sparta is asking for zero concessions. Historically in similar positions many kds have been forced to agree to acre caps or not competing for certain crowns. We are in no way trying to punish FREE or force them not to be able to compete to the best of their ability. Considering what FREE has said about sparta and their plans, and the relative positions of the kds, this seems to be a very generous CF offer.
    Historically speaking not a single kd have made demands on eoa cf yr 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Meep View Post
    Because

"Here's the exact terms of the deal we made and agreed on and here's them breaking it"

Is a lot easier to get support from the community with than

"We warred, Vlahul said he was going to **** us over, and we proceeded to not make a deal with him, halp plz?"
    'Here's the terms we forced on someone under duress', personally I wouldn't really care if they were broken as since the war is over both kds are even.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Meep View Post
    Have you?

Didn't you promise to go on a crusade against FREE, and then back down almost immediately when Aterro cried about FREE saying 'okay two can play at that game'?
    If by almost immediately you mean finding them while they were hidden, raze killed 1 or 2 (honestly don't remember) provinces by myself, caused Araqiel to quit and then reached a diplomatic end after waiting for them to get in another war...then sure. I stopped immediately

Forum Addict
    Vlad asked me to post this: (He's no longer on the forums)

[19:18] <vlahul> can u post that in forums? so we can end all this ****
    [19:18] <vlahul> I have never threatened anybody with a gangbang or OOW or OOH attacks. And especially not with razes. I do not believe in these actions, I am all for my kingdom gains. We will be treating them like any other war target in the nw range They can do whatever they wish to FREE, we are here and we are ready. Nobody gets CF with FREE unless they
    [19:18] <vlahul> pay a tribute, we asked no CF and we will never ask a CF from anybody. Spartans are FREE to react however they wish, this game is based on action and reaction. If they choose to raze us, so be it. If they choose to OOW/OOH interfear, so be it. We can’t do anything to prevent that. What will do, is set Spartans on a BLACKLIST and everytime we have the chance (they are in NW range, they offer
    [19:18] <vlahul> us gains, they are not in WAR or hostile) we will go for them. FREE will never get into a double hostile because there is NO GAINS for us to feed on GBP provinces without any hope of war. All FREE’s actions are oriented WAR only and WAR alone, in a 1v1 manner, without any middle ways/deals/cf/interpretation.

Over and out.
    ABS vs Rangers

Forum Fanatic
    Can we call it a magenta list or something? It's much cooler than a black list.

So what would happen if the game simply dropped the CF mechanic all together and tweaked GBP to compensate?

I mean ancient Utopia did not have this...so in essence it is not needed for the game to survive.

It will discourage people to deal away their "protections" and force all kingdoms to be wary at all times!

The only time where I can see it must be a forced CF to survive is during EOWCF...but even then say the CF can stay active until one of the kingdoms decide to break it.

However no new CFs are able to be brokered (unless 2 kingdoms war each other)

p.s. remember the CF mechanic came on the heels when Utopia's war mechanic was able to handle kingdoms at war with multiple kingdoms at once
    Last edited by DonJuan; 12-01-2016 at 20:07.
    "Respect the one who defends his land with bravery;
    Honor the price he pays to fufill his duty."

-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
    WhatsApp +16264286874 | SC2/D3 BattleNet: DonJuan5420 | PSN: DonJuan5420

Age 54: #1 Land KD (HaLL of Heroes)
    Age 54: #1 NW KD (HaLL of Heroes)

Age 81: #1 Honor KD (The Faery Circle)
    Age 81: #1 WW KD (The Faery Circle)
    The Tactical Technical Institute

Regular
    mmmm It strikes me as if the issue really is the incendiary language of a self-admitted braggart and provocateur. If I were in Spartans position, I would not trust Free as far as I can throw them, now would I expect or rely upon a CF agreement. I would be more pro-active and seek to set up a pre-arranged gangbang ready to go the moment Free decides to make good on Vlahul's utterances, if his statements can indeed be trusted. This seems to be the best way to get what seems to be desired.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    So what would happen if the game simply dropped the CF mechanic all together and tweaked GBP to compensate?

I mean ancient Utopia did not have this...so in essence it is not needed for the game to survive.

It will discourage people to deal away their "protections" and force all kingdoms to be wary at all times!

The only time where I can see it must be a forced CF to survive is during EOWCF...but even then say the CF can stay active until one of the kingdoms decide to break it.

However no new CFs are able to be brokered (unless 2 kingdoms war each other)

p.s. remember the CF mechanic came on the heels when Utopia's war mechanic was able to handle kingdoms at war with multiple kingdoms at once
    Kingdoms were making CF deals long before the CF mechanic existed.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Zauper View Post
    Kingdoms were making CF deals long before the CF mechanic existed.
    Not like this, and notice before war. Utter crap.
    ABS vs Rangers

Thread Information