So on one side you have this:

Real Date Mon, 11 Jan at 22:46 GMT+00:00
Sender King Hodor the Sorcerer of Outplayerz Empire (x:x)
Recipient King grandMA the Rogue of Hop (x:x)
Subject Make my life easy please

Could you please just make my and your life easy here? I'm already wasting far too much time on a deal that really should go without saying, and you're forcing me into a situation I do not want to be in, nor would most of your guys like it.

The community is also unequivocal about this, you're just being stubborn for no good reason other than to be stubborn. The EOA CF allows me to go about my age without having to worry about vlad (your claims that we have nothing to worry about are worth nothing to me). I need something set in stone that I can use should you choose to ruin our age later on, just as you need it should we engage.

There are really only winners there and both sides can go about their business like this.

---

on the other side you have this discussion i observed:

[07:58:12] <s> and utopians today. cf cf cf cf
[07:59:15] <s> dont see any reaspn at aøø to cf
[07:59:15] <s> at all*
[08:00:23] <s> this is a game. you're supposed to be taken with ypur pants down sometimes. modern utopia is ****ed up, war warnings, cf.... jeeeesus
[08:01:57] <r> I think top kingdoms call it a "notice" which means they want to war you. I laughed my balls out of my pants when I first read that.
[08:02:09] <s> and he's threatening us to accept a cf. what an ass. no way in hell, i'd rather be gbed
[08:02:12] <r> **** your notice and bring it on.

------

i find myself wondering: is this "msg for war" and CF culture something everybody really wanted, or is it borne out of game mechanics where cash is scarce and wages/training costs/trooplosses are ridiculous? I havent personally met any player who lauds this new utopia where the thought of doing an unannounced hostile wave is a faux pas.

the Spartan monarch claims that the need for a CF with them is unequivocally supported by "the community". Even in the case that that's not true, there must be a reason he believes this.

What do you think, Utopian community? Do you sympathize with the sentiments in the first message, or the short convo in the second?

Me, i'm leaning second.