Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: My Impression of Utopia Today

Postaholic
    I hear what you are saying, and thank you for summarizing (truly). I did hear that through all of the discussion, and it could be correct. I can't see the forest through the dead trees and barren landscape. One step at a time, right?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolzly View Post
    I stopped reading at the Beethoven analogy...

Orchestra's are not made up of Beethovens they are made up of nameless musicians who's dedication to the larger creation effort outweighs any personal motive for playing. They hand over 100% creative power to the central figurehead, the conductor, who's job it is to interpret what the composer has written in the score. Discussions may happen, not during a performance or even a rehearsal, usually behind closed doors and one on one as two individuals who know their craft and respect each others' knowledge.

Your analogy works amazingly in favour of the hive-mind kingdom.

The monarch is the conductor, the mechanics are the score (written by the composer, mehul), and you my friend, are the nameless musician. Play your part.
    ^Such a good post. I like it a lot. :D

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthira View Post
    Palem, I multiquoted! <<==== just pointing out the obvious.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Felonious View Post
    ^Such a good post. I like it a lot. :D
    You guys don't get jazz. Or S.W.A.T.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Fiend
    Excellent point, jazz would have been the analogy the OP was looking for. Usually no conductor. Lots of good parallels. I still like the Orchestra analogy better though. I'd rather play in an orchestral kingdom than a jazz-band one, too much ego in jazz ;)

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    You guys don't get jazz. Or S.W.A.T.
    Dissonance.
    Improv Jazz.
    The analogy used was a classical music orchestra though, which doesn't fit those models. ;)

ETA: Yes, Jazz is more my style.

Needs to get out more
    Precisely. *

When I see new or returning players make some noise on forum I'm happy just for the fact.

Here's an analogy:

The complaint department around here are like spoiled children. New and and returning players are good for the game, but sometimes they're just like spinach. Eat your damn spinach. It's good for you. It's good for the game, even if you don't like how it tastes.

* I'm not the analogy police.

I get how you see the game because I'm independent. It just kills me when guys say the way to help your kingdom is to be a drone, lol. For me, it wouldn't matter if I'm in the greatest kingdom in the game if I'm a drone. You know why? Because asking "why?" is the first window to improvement. If a drone doesn't have a target they ask for one, instead of looking for one. That can be a target by any other name: let's call it goals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Postaholic
    Our KD is actually doing fairly well, and I am having fun making tweaks here and there, and playing with the numbers.

I could never do a drone kd. There is nothing more boring to me than conforming to the status quo. I am not in one of those kds now, thank goodness. Despite the constraints in the framework. I'm content for now and I am eager to see how this plays out.

BTW, I think nearly everyone has been super respectful in this thread, which is unusual on the web these days. Thanks.
    Last edited by Panthira; 17-01-2016 at 09:23. Reason: redundancy

The game is still not developed after 2 years of abscence, and 2 years before that, and 2 years before that. Patel sold out when game become ''pay to play'' or '' pay for gameplay'' or ''crawl up for tips'' etc, at the point of no return. The game attracked the worst kind of people after initial ages, those who are mentaly complexed or challenged but rich, that bought the rights to make rules.

The only thing that can happen in this game is that new provinces start in top kds, until that time the game will still ''suck donkey balls''.

There is no "Pay to play" or "Pay for gameplay" functions in this game.

There are "Pay to play" or "Pay for gameplay" donations in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by tehawk View Post
    There are "Pay to play" or "Pay for gameplay" donations in this game.
    No there arent, maybe you are just unfamiliar with the terms you are using?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I've literally never purchased a single credit.

There are paying options and the only one that really gives any kind of advantage is sitting, which you can counteract by simply being available.

Thread Information