Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Cowards of Utopia

Post Fiend
    We will meet more players now that we have an app in the app store thanks to our friend. We should also raise some money to advertise Utopia on facebook and Google asap. There are many of us who can and will donate money to help fix Utopia. We need to re pop asap mates. Was cool when we had 34k+ provinces on our server. If there is something else I can help with other than donations just let me know.

Save Utopia ftw
    Last edited by Salvatore; 17-01-2016 at 02:06.
    kushout

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Zauper View Post
    If you're small enough that you're not competing and are only looking at warring other kingdoms of 22 or fewer provinces, then you're not worth waving for land.

If you, or your kingdom, does dumb stuff -- whether that's exploring a province into the top 5 without retal power, or dumping 10k pool oop without offense -- you should expect to get waved or hit.

At the end of the day, the top is reasonable because the top cares.
    Came ooeowcf with 18 provs ~3days ago (I think at ~50 in land/nw and 60? in honor, 1,873,767gc 13,102 acres, maybe 40k honor) and immediately upon entering fort were waved by the #1 kingdom in land/nw/honor. Lost about 700 acres and 2k honor. I was near 830-840 acres I think and got hit twice. Prov that hit me left 10k defense at home.

Not complaining, just saying it happens. Unless you think we are competing.

How do you think we should have handled being waved like that, freshly upon entering fort?
    Last edited by Azureflames; 17-01-2016 at 02:05.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Azureflames View Post
    How do you think we should have handled being waved like that, freshly upon entering fort?
    He left 10k def? Raze him. They won't do that anymore.

Veteran
    This thread was started by a member of warriors oath because they got waved by the jerks. There nw and land where plenty close enough for war. But Warrior Oath does the exact same thing if not worse. I mean there average opponent size is 88%. There hypocrites who have done much worse to smaller kingdoms or kingdoms who don't want to war. I find it so amazing how warring tier can deal break, bottom feed and hit into hostiles. But if one whoring kingdom waves them it's the end of the world. Please stop crying it's getting extremely annoying and I proudly call myself a member of the warring tier. Oh side note the real Warlords laughed at some ghetto using there name and when the time is right Warriors Oath they will be coming for you :)

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Azureflames View Post
    Came ooeowcf with 18 provs ~3days ago (I think at ~50 in land/nw and 60? in honor, 1,873,767gc 13,102 acres, maybe 40k honor) and immediately upon entering fort were waved by the #1 kingdom in land/nw/honor. Lost about 700 acres and 2k honor. I was near 830-840 acres I think and got hit twice. Prov that hit me left 10k defense at home.

Not complaining, just saying it happens. Unless you think we are competing.

We've waved a lot of kingdoms since then, too. But I can do the math here. Since 4 days ago, we've 'waved':
    23 prov kd (23 hits, 1.2k acres; was in the t10)
    21 prov kd that hit us (put the prov that hit us on 60 acres; gained ~400). Worth mentioning that this guy had hit us several times before and been told he should CF.
    22 prov kd (13 hits, 582 acres; was t40)
    22 prov kd (6 hits, 359a; was t15)
    25 prov kd (11 hits, 412a; was t15)
    23 prov kd (14 hits; 539a; t20)
    22 prov kd (21 hits; 718a; t15)
    23 prov kd (11 hits; 545a; t15)
    22 prov kd (13 hits; 581a; t30)

I say 'waved' because most of our hits are doubles or triples, and we have CF'ed all of them immediately on request. The only kd we've truly waved all age was a kd that ate 40 hits from us in the wave, and even there we didn't have all of our core hitters hit. There are a few (well, a lot of) randoms as well, but none of those took more than 3-4 hits into the kingdom. The only kd that fits the description you've given is one that had a 1.2k or so acre prov defect out of them immediately when they came OOW, if we're looking at their current size. With a bunch of fat t/ms on top.

We've waved the bulk of kingdoms in the t30 at this point. The only ones we haven't are ones that approached us and asked for a CF, or were in fort/war when we weren't busy.

And to answer your question? Ask them for a CF. And frankly, if you're ~14k acres, getting hit for 3% of your land isn't terrible. (and there's no way you lost 2k honor, unless you're including the honor lost from the defect). You could also have taken Palem's approach, it also would likely have gotten you a CF -- but that's the end goal, a CF so you don't get hit.

So the rational play is to ask for one. Things that probably aren't rational plays -- robbing us from your EOW, plundering us to fund your 'war agreed', etc. We've had those happen to, and we usually just let them go.
    Last edited by Zauper; 17-01-2016 at 02:50.

Needs to get out more
    I think the first thing is to stop complaining about complainers. Everyone wants to play "Mans Man Man": yes, like if John Wayne played batman. - Anyways, a guy gets mad and ends up on forum. It's such an easy target. Guess who isn't stepping on his heart? Yay, good answer.

I'm glad their enjoying the game enough to care. Yet you keep pushing and pushing like some fatal punks all down on life like it's cool. Well it's only cool on the girls. The rest of you, get a job!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Fiend
    I'm assuming you are in the kd that waved us. We might have been in the top 30 before we razed a bunch of inactives and had defections, during eowcf. I know we were ~50 per our kd page at the time we were waved.

It was probably less than 2k. But I remember it went from 40k to 38k, so it should be at least close to 1k. I lost 70 honor myself, I know that much. Looks like we ate 15hits at the time, 2 from other kingdoms. At the time I was pretty sure the honor had updated from the defections(6 hours prior) because we had been a few thousand higher, but now I can't be sure. We did have another defection some hours before that. I don't have a history of the honor.

Between eowcf we killed or had defections totaling 9 provinces. Upon exiting war and entering fort we had 18 provinces(2 in prot) per umunk tf history and my memory. We were waved shortly after. By the next tick we had 19 prov, 3 in protection(no new defections). So excluding the provinces in prot, we had a 16prov kd. Up to 18-19 if you include them.
    Last edited by Azureflames; 17-01-2016 at 03:33.

Veteran
    So basically we can sum this up like this:

About 10% of the games current players invest more time than the other 90%. Now these 10% are competing with each other and one is able to acquire land from another kingdom. In order to continue to play in the 10%, things have to get nasty, they have to take things by force, and they hope more than anything that the other kingdoms will cooperate and aid them in their goals. Most do, then there are the kingdoms that don't, and what everyone is trying to explain to you is that you want to have elf sages to amnesia them, enough thieves to steal valuable resources, and enough mages to kill peasants. Learn attacks are usually in your favor in these circumstances as well. Don't get mad, get even. If you are too impatient to wait next age to do this, reset button and explore up to where you want.

Quote Originally Posted by FS Best KD in the World View Post
    Just lmao, what's the matter son? Can't take the heat? What happened to:
    What heat? Another free crown by you and your buddies? Not interested.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    What heat? Another free crown by you and your buddies? Not interested.
    So you run like a coward and try to justify your own interests. Fits you and this thread perfectly. Someone should make a signature with this quote to show how much of a hypocrite you are with all the crap that comes out of your mouth. Seriously LMAO, just burn and look at your own bs again:

The day I leave or get kicked out of FS is the day I quit Utopia.
    I don't even play in FS anymore, but keep telling yourself that.

Quote Originally Posted by FS Best KD in the World View Post
    So you run like a coward and try to justify your own interests. Fits you and this thread perfectly. Someone should make a signature with this quote to show how much of a hypocrite you are with all the crap that comes out of your mouth. Seriously LMAO, just burn and look at your own bs again:
    Why exactly am I a coward? Because I left a KD that has the highest chance of crowning again? You are not making a lot of sense right now sorry.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Post Fiend
    Thanks guys, I appreciate your responses. Yes, we should not have ambushed and done op's on the kingdom that waved us, but that will always be hard to manage. As a warring kingdom, when we get waved the natural response is to fight back. Then we gather intel and see that they are in full war mode, while we are still trying to train elites. They have all their war buildings in, and we still have banks and armories. We could have gone fortified and changed buildings, but we were already too far behind, so we sent a CF. If they wanted to wave us again and accept the CF that would have been fine. While we have never done that, we have had it done to us before and did not complain. Instead, they demanded 10k acres from us which I thought was complete cowardice. If a smaller kingdom does not want to fight, then why keep hitting them? Does not make sense to me.

I know that there are parts of this game I will never understand, and I know there are things done in this game that I would never do and that will always put me at a disadvantage. Like I said before, I don't like to negotiate wars because my brain does not work the way others do. While I am thinking, "let's make it fair for both sides", others think "how can we gain the advantage". Lies and deceit are sometimes what wins the wars between 2 equal kingdoms. Personally, I don't know how to do that, and really have no desire to learn. I prefer a straight up battle. We hit you, you either declare or send CF. You hit us, we either declare or send CF. Sometimes we will call for a CF once a declare date is set, but the declare date has to be within a 24 hour period and not one of those "Let's war next Tuesday" type of things.

Anyways, I know the cowards will always exist in Utopia, and they will always come on here and spread lies to defend their actions. They will also boast and brag at how amazing they are and how they are on the top of the charts again. Most of us know your lies, cowards and most of us know how you got to the top of the charts too. None of us are impressed.

Needs to get out more
    There is a third way: embrace challenge over resource. Right now, there are very few who simply embrace challenge.

I fight the guys who think they can bully and I win more than I lose. I never worry about making it fair when I'm involved. I focus on what's above me. Bigger, stronger, faster, more coordinated, more technologically advanced, and so on......

I handicap my game to enjoy it more. I've got challenge idioms, like only retaliating unless ordered to attack. I don't dislike the bullies; I need them to test myself. It's not hate, it's tough love.

If it were my kingdom I'd have no irc except a meet'n'greet channel. I'd have Pimp. I'd run my organized rainbow kingdom strat. I'd fight anyone who was bigger and looked coordinated. No bots, no instant com. This only means me and my kind. I encourage the kingdoms we'd challenge to be fully technologically supported because that's where the lions roam.

At this moment I'm in one of those dangerous kingdoms that most fear. I'm here to learn. I'm in a rather strict environment so my individuality won't shine. It's all for the betterment of gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Forum Fanatic
    Do you know the meaning of the word cowardice?

The Jerks.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ed View Post
    Thanks guys, I appreciate your responses. Yes, we should not have ambushed and done op's on the kingdom that waved us, but that will always be hard to manage. As a warring kingdom, when we get waved the natural response is to fight back. Then we gather intel and see that they are in full war mode, while we are still trying to train elites. They have all their war buildings in, and we still have banks and armories. We could have gone fortified and changed buildings, but we were already too far behind, so we sent a CF. If they wanted to wave us again and accept the CF that would have been fine. While we have never done that, we have had it done to us before and did not complain. Instead, they demanded 10k acres from us which I thought was complete cowardice. If a smaller kingdom does not want to fight, then why keep hitting them? Does not make sense to me.

I know that there are parts of this game I will never understand, and I know there are things done in this game that I would never do and that will always put me at a disadvantage. Like I said before, I don't like to negotiate wars because my brain does not work the way others do. While I am thinking, "let's make it fair for both sides", others think "how can we gain the advantage". Lies and deceit are sometimes what wins the wars between 2 equal kingdoms. Personally, I don't know how to do that, and really have no desire to learn. I prefer a straight up battle. We hit you, you either declare or send CF. You hit us, we either declare or send CF. Sometimes we will call for a CF once a declare date is set, but the declare date has to be within a 24 hour period and not one of those "Let's war next Tuesday" type of things.

Anyways, I know the cowards will always exist in Utopia, and they will always come on here and spread lies to defend their actions. They will also boast and brag at how amazing they are and how they are on the top of the charts again. Most of us know your lies, cowards and most of us know how you got to the top of the charts too. None of us are impressed.
    I understand the problem and complaint, but your kingdom is part of the problem. So don't whine when someone else does it to you.

Thread Information