Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: First Dealbreak of the Age from the war KD's! YAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Zauper View Post
    The fundamental problem with war deals in the war tier is that no one likes getting farmed and it's bad for the game on a number of levels.

It's not like the top where there is a resource you can take if they back out, or if you 'win' in hostile/prep - at least, not this early when no one has honor.

And then trying to lawyer people when you don't even have a very real deal? Kinda dumb.

Neither side gave hostile on Apr20, per your admission. You (both?) are in violation of what appears to be your deal. Looking back at our logs, it even looks like you lied to us to get a deal in the first place by saying that you wouldn't pool and then pooling for this conflict. If you're taking an age off to relax and war the war tier, then do that. There's no reason to bully WSK for a war in which they were clearly going to get farmed, and there's no reason to pool or grow (or be t5 land) if you don't want to fight the top.
    Deal was simply we war, and that 20 apr both sides oof. Nothing about button giving was discussed because that was going to be played out naturally and to progress to war. We felt we are in a position to give a button 12h into hostile and that's what we did. The rest is history.

Clearly you took my statement of not pooling a bit too literally. When i said we're not pooling it meant we're not gonna push any cow/calves or use pool to keep it below decay. As it stands, pool is well almost 12k and decaying and i dont pay attention to it. If putting some acre placement to get range in a fight, in this case, 250 on my big dudes to deal with a dwarf thats 130% our top province size, meant pooling then im sorry for the misunderstanding. Pretty sure the others whom i made same deal, same conversation with, have no problems with that.

We've been stagnant except for that little bit of pool use to fight them since our last eowcf so yea im t5 without trying.

As for the not bullying for war part, may i remind you sir that you bashed spartans non stop into warring you when they were same size and in range and wont war you. So i guess double standard much?

Fyi, they have apologised for their accusations to me as well as not showing up to give us a fight we deserve. And I decided to cf them as i said earlier. We dont even push things as far as you did when you were denied your war in warring tier, zauper.
    Last edited by 13nesta13; 17-01-2016 at 18:48.
    PyroManiaCs Monarch #Pyromaniacs

maybe if you didnt explore and outgrow them 10-15% they will press the button :)

To bring larger provinces into land parity adding about 750-900 acres when we are one province down, we give button and the NW differences are statistically no different from 0? ivan....... be serious.

The war tier clearly can't stomach a fight without spelling out each and every single detail and attack through the entire hostile and perhaps beyond. Yet they criticize the top for CF deals.

Is the hilarity of that apparent to anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    CR already backed out of an agreed war, so definitely not the first of the age.
    Ah. That's ****ty.

Yea... they backed out of a war... a little dramatic to razekill some peeps don't ya think?
    yes, that's why we are not doing it. I mentioned it as an over the top example of an option.

They have time to lose. We all get exactly the same amount of ticks to do as much as we can with them. No point in wasting time in a war you know you can't win when you could use that time fighting a war you think you could win.
    Yes, there is a point Palem. They initiated the contact, they wanted a war, they made a deal, now they are breaking it. Sometimes when you you make a deal, circumstances change and the deal is no longer to your advantage but you still have to stick to the deal.

Zauper - The deal was a hostile start time and a war. We initiated hostile at start time, gave button. They are backing out of war. How did pyromaniacs break the deal? Right, we didn't.
    Last edited by Sheister; 17-01-2016 at 19:21.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Forum Fanatic
    so what kd is WSK anyways?

The Jerks.

SN tetely, I can't post locs.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

really making this and as you said. that they have 2 big provinces. Maybe whit this you made 5-6 from yours same size as them is not huge advance :)
    We warring and know what will lead to win :)

Quote Originally Posted by ivan View Post
    really making this and as you said. that they have 2 big provinces. Maybe whit this you made 5-6 from yours same size as them is not huge advance :)
    We warring and know what will lead to win :)
    They had the same number in that range ivan.... try again.

Or is your argument, that the only way wsk can war is if they are up one province, have the largest provinces, are given button, have a better spread on their core, have better prep AND win the hostile.... then they can war. If, however, any of that changes, then its OK for them to back out of their deal..... brilliant. Lets all go play virtual bubble gum pet shop.

Look, we all have pretty kitties.....

OK, so here is the rant that has grown in me since reading what people think of this.

What I am hearing as suggestions is:

1) Don't try to teach randoms how to play their best.

To teach randoms in any real numbers you have to drop out of the top tier because otherwise you won't get any randoms at all. To drop down, you have to play less than your best otherwise you will grow into the top making people worry that they have to control your growth or you will scare all of the war kingdoms away.

2) Don't do a good job doing prep.

This kind of goes with #1. If you are relaxing and playing low, but you do your best to prepare and teach your new players how to prepare properly, you will blow away war competition and they will run from you and thereby you can't actually get a war.

3) Don't play your best in hostile.

If you actually do your best in a hostile you will scare away the war kingdoms and thereby not be able to play. Now, in this hostile I DID NOT play my best. I was doing stupid stuff like, GA farms on a dwarf when there was pleanty of food to aid around and we did not send a gold dragon and he had Natures blessing up so I could not drought him..... so yeah.... Even intentionally doing stupid stuff we are just too damned scary...

Conclusion: the only way to be able to play in the war tiers is to be almost comatose because you apparently can't play badly enough EVEN IF YOU TRY TO PLAY BADLY so that the warring tier will war you. I am simply stunned. Down a province, horrible core spread, preparing at the invitation of our opponants, and we can't get a war. On a personal note I was mostly inactive, in meetings throughout prep and doing troop and building conversions on off hours rather than setting sitters because I was being a lazy cheap bastard, putting the kingdom on mute and ignoring communications and sleeping past my convert date, and I still have a province in better shape than any province in wsk. I mean, I guess I could have gone into this at 50% barren..... and tried to play a/t with 40 opa and 2 tpa...... maybe thats what I needed to do. I guess this is all my fault.....

Is utopia really this now? We can only play against each other if we affirmatively do what we know is 100% wrong (forget our best or even good).

At go time, this was #5 kingdom v #6 kingdom within 1K acres and 10K NW of each other. If we can't war with that, then lets all go play candy crush.
    Last edited by Sheister; 17-01-2016 at 19:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    They had the same number in that range ivan.... try again.

Or is your argument, that the only way wsk can war is if they are up one province, have the largest provinces, are given button, have a better spread on their core, have better prep AND win the hostile.... then they can war. If, however, any of that changes, then its OK for them to back out of their deal..... brilliant. Lets all go play virtual bubble gum pet shop.

Look, we all have pretty kitties.....
    Im a 50 crown winner in carebears online: the great bearscape, don't try opposing me you will get crushed.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

:( You can't crush anyone in that game. You can only give hugs...

I am jealous that you hug better than me though...

Typical Wsk, didn't you know they only war if they have all the advantages and can guarantee win, and then afterwards go rub it into the losing kd's faces for choosing to war with a disadvantage over Wsk. How's this for grateful winners:

Quote Originally Posted by crease View Post
    Sorry for being honest. Im not here to pretend, the war felt over before it started. Nothing changed in war to make up for the lack of off you guys had.
    Quote Originally Posted by crease View Post
    Honestly that didnt feel great. When your opponent runs 5 tpa on core and you dont get opped to the ground on 3 you feel somewhat cheated
    But now you see when the shoe is on the other foot, they do a 360 as is evident here. And really the only ones defending Wsk are their BFF's FS. Ironic that even Pyro are calling them out in this case lol.

Forum Fanatic
    sheister i dont even know what kd you guys are Q_Q

The Jerks.

Regular
    WinSeekers with no real advantage: "They have more gold than us so must have outside help. They have slightly more land but less provs than us, therefore are exploiting explore for positioning. We don't have obvious advantage and can't guarantee Win, therefore, NO War." (Even though we were the ones who asked for war in the first place)

WinSeekers with an advantage: "I don't know why they warred us with so much less offence than us, the war was basically over before it started, we feel cheated, that war win didn't feel good idk why we even bothered" (After winning against weaker KD)

So you choose to flame and publicly humiliate a KD who dared to war you with a disadvantage, yet you run away from evenly matched conflicts while making false accusations against the opposing KD. Well done, what a fine way to conduct yourself, setting such a great example for the War KDs.
    Last edited by Duke_; 17-01-2016 at 22:23.

Last (and happened in the past too) sillies often had to actually ask people not to prepare op, or to hold hits in wave, or go offline, so we could convince kingdoms we were waving (same size or they were bigger) to actually not run away all the time. And even then it wasn't enough sometimes. Sadtiems.
    PEW PEW PEW!

Why don't all these honorable BAMFs war each other then? You're all dogging your competition so why don't you fight each other since you're all the bravest and best?
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Are they wsk or nsk (noobseeker) look more like a coward to me. :)

Thread Information