Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Few Kds that actually have balls.

Post Fiend

Few Kds that actually have balls.

Did you guys notice that there are just a handful of Kds that actually posses the stones to tag themselves from start till end of an age?:) Quite worthy of respect in my opinion. Kudos and keep it up.

On a different topic, I`m not familiar with the utopia gossip nor I spend time on irc, maybe somebody can enlighten me. Sup with Mythos?

Needs to get out more
    Of Mythos ~ I'm not sure. They know how to build provinces though.

Tagging and t/m/UB integrity go hand in hand. While I as a province guy enjoy tagging, I'm aware of the tricky world of war kingdom navigation.

To offer my experience here; in tagged kingdoms that are somewhat formidable you'll often notice the t/ms are gutted at what would be an inconvenient time for a competing war kingdom. I no longer criticize the strategy of tagging. It's not necessarily to hide from the majority as much to pose an unknown threat to other competing war kingdoms.

In other words, there's a culture among a segment of war kingdoms that recognize the fake tag as a caution flag. This doesn't mean I respect one culture more than the other. To me it's similar to the mystique of masked wrestlers.

I personally would always tag and even tagged when I ran solo.

The Gratuitous Analogy: look at smaller war kingdom navigation like yacht racing.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 05-02-2016 at 21:29.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

to be honest, we regret that we tagged from before OOP. We've lost some 1-2 precious wars.

Next age we won't tagg anymore. It's not about our balls, it's about the other people balls.

Since i started Utopia in age 16 and made my own kingdom in age 18, I've always tagged OOP but things changed so much in the meantime. When you have 150 kingdoms on server, from which 100 are ghettos and 30 are mediocres with 20 left to be worthy of war >>> everybody search for an easy 1-2 war wins first, which is normal, given the small numbers of players.

Actually, there are these 20-25 kingdoms that can pose a threat to each other more or less and each of these kingdoms search for an assest early in the adge since later on it will be a tough fight.

Like Patapuf said, warring kingdoms don't necessarily hide because they're scared, they hide because it's easier to get wars when nobody knows you're a top warring kingdom. No average 22 prov kingdom is going to want to fight a well established war kingdom like FS/WSK/ED/Green/Divinity/Jesters/Mythos. It's very difficult to get a war. Mythos had that problem after they warred Pyro in week 1. Everyone knew who we were and it was more difficult to get a war because of it.

That being said, every kingdom does has enemies who would love to get a jump on them and wreck their age. Mostly though it's because it's you can get much easier wars for your first and second win. And, to your second part, that's what Mythos is currently doing. We're hiding in the riff raff of the top 100, trying to get some easy wars before making the jump to fight others in the"war tier."
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

I wasn't aware we had coined the phrase 'top warring kingdom' yet. I am equally surprised they don't run more Buzz Aldrin themes
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

Quote Originally Posted by DM_Benjamin View Post
    I wasn't aware we had coined the phrase 'top warring kingdom' yet.
    I am only trying to indicate kingdoms that normally do well in the warring/honor charts.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by CannaWhoopazz View Post
    I am only trying to indicate kingdoms that normally do well in the warring/honor charts.
    Yes and I don't mind being part in the journeyman kingdoms that war kingdoms build their records with. You get to see some solid tactics and test strategies against a known quality. Oftentimes we are seen as naive, but freedom comes at a price and it's usually organization.
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Fiend
    While I understand that there are strategic thoughts behind the idea of not tagging, I can`t stop noticing how bold Panda is. The clear example that tagging and actually having warring success isn`t exclusive one to another. In addition to that, they fight the "big" wars. That`s bigger balls in few weeks of age than FS had the entire last age. Admittedly, I have no knowledge on what possible underground deals, strategies Pandas use.

As for FREE tagging. All do respect ... It wasn`t the tagging that lost you the wars or made you loose the opportunity of other wars. Vlahul`s choices and big mouth is strictly responsible for that. No need to repeat to you that we would have gladly warred you if you haven`t pulled the "radio silence, let`s get a free wave" move. As for the deception of a war deal ... A good bunch of your guys know a good bunch of our guys, and have a long good history behind them. Choices choices. But past is past. We are on our path, you are on yours, and our paths will have incredibly slim chances of crossing.

Quote Originally Posted by bluorr View Post
    While I understand that there are strategic thoughts behind the idea of not tagging, I can`t stop noticing how bold Panda is. The clear example that tagging and actually having warring success isn`t exclusive one to another. In addition to that, they fight the "big" wars.
    Well, top kingdom tagging is different, since everyone who wants to know where top kingdoms are, knows where they are after a week or two. Playing Utopia in the top 5 land/NW is a completely different game than what the rest of us are playing.

Post Fiend
    troll post, troll topic. If you thinking tagging your kingdom is a ball size thing youre just simple minded.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by RollinHammer View Post
    troll post, troll topic. If you thinking tagging your kingdom is a ball size thing youre just simple minded.
    Where is that damn Like button!!!! ��
    War Monkeys War Monger - Contact me if interested in a beating.

Rather than whining, getting pissy and getting on my radar why don't you just .....

Quote Originally Posted by CannaWhoopazz View Post
    Like Patapuf said, warring kingdoms don't necessarily hide because they're scared, they hide because it's easier to get wars when nobody knows you're a top warring kingdom. No average 22 prov kingdom is going to want to fight a well established war kingdom like FS/WSK/ED/Green/Divinity/Jesters/Mythos. It's very difficult to get a war. Mythos had that problem after they warred Pyro in week 1. Everyone knew who we were and it was more difficult to get a war because of it.
    Spartans tagged up first week of the age. Spartans fought FREE and there was drama. Spartans are now in their 4th war of the age. You're simply wrong. Not tagging up doesn't mean it's easier to get wars, it's easier to get farm wars and ghetto's that you shouldn't be warring. Tag up and war proper opposition and perhaps take a loss early age because you face good opposition? We full waved Green 2-3 days after our EOW CF ended and gave button into 22 attackers. We got creamed. We regrouped, agreed war with A-team, got beaten (this time more due to tactical errors). Now we're in our 4th war and winning. Man up and fight people your own strength and stop blaming inferior opposition running from you.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by RollinHammer View Post

It`s not? What is it then?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyReid View Post
    Spartans tagged up first week of the age. Spartans fought FREE and there was drama. Spartans are now in their 4th war of the age. You're simply wrong. Not tagging up doesn't mean it's easier to get wars, it's easier to get farm wars and ghetto's that you shouldn't be warring. Tag up and war proper opposition and perhaps take a loss early age because you face good opposition? We full waved Green 2-3 days after our EOW CF ended and gave button into 22 attackers. We got creamed. We regrouped, agreed war with A-team, got beaten (this time more due to tactical errors). Now we're in our 4th war and winning. Man up and fight people your own strength and stop blaming inferior opposition running from you.
    This post makes it sound like Spartans have never warred a KD where it's been a free win for them, 2 ages ago would like a word with you.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyReid View Post
    Not tagging up doesn't mean it's easier to get wars, it's easier to get farm wars and ghetto's that you shouldn't be warring.
    ^This.

Tagging up means you won't be warring kingdoms that you have no business warring. It's sad that the "top warring kingdoms" can't survive without easy farms wars where the other kingdom isn't sure what they're getting into. sAD

<3 mythos doe ;)

Thread Information