Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Libraries Age 67

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthira View Post
    Agreement all around.
    The numbers can only help with the foundation and maintenance, but being Utopian streetwise is the meat.

And it only makes sense it should be easier to steal books back than land. ;)
    Resources, I don't think so. Those are consumable.

The problem with books is that it's an instantaneous gain, whereas land, besides war spoils, is not. I think it's more complicated than we think. Or maybe not...
    I wouldn't say resources are consumable, they have to take it back. But yea instantaneous gain is the main problem.

I also dont get why Avians are not ambushable if they take LAND. It isnt like they can pick up land and fly it back (books/resources they can do this though). Maybe ambush for 0 kills, and be able to get the land back sounds more proper.
    A outerworld vagabond Elf traveling this world.
    From the world of Thardferr, herald of the Eldar Elven Kingdoms
    Elven Roles sense Age 63: Sage, Mystic, Rogue, Tactician, Cleric, Merchant, Heretic, War Hero, Warrior, Paladin, Undead, Artisan, Raider

Post Fiend
    Bishop stop banning me for stating the facts. I find it sooo dumb that people would call my claims a lie using the fallowing logic: It has never been done by anyone else so it must be a lie.
    That is a dumb way of thinking. And I know Bishop he knows what's what but when it bans me for trying to teach the rest how the best player plays I get static from him.
    Any how I'll be putting up my strategy near the end of the age. Stayed tuned. Oh also I believe the first strategy I posted up in the forms had over 100% BE--near the end. It was like 101.something%. The province was named I think red mist. I didn't bring it up because I was trying to teach the basic first--the usage of homes. I will just be giving the numbers I have. Nothing more.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Mass View Post
    Bishop stop banning me for stating the facts. I find it sooo dumb that people would call my claims a lie using the fallowing logic: It has never been done by anyone else so it must be a lie.
    No one is using that argument. The argument is; you either miscalculate or you are full of ****.

Oh also I believe the first strategy I posted up in the forms had over 100% BE--near the end. It was like 101.something%
    Not without mods you didn't.

See. I didn't say you were wrong by referring to "no one has done it before", I just simply state that you didn't.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Post Fiend
    Pretty much I was told I was banned because the numbers I was giving out were fake. And yeah my raw BE was above 100% You take 100% - the tool science and it should come to 0. If you guy anything higher that's your rawBE. You'll notice with everyone else province they will get 0. And as a result their tool science won't be as great. @Tadpole Check the thread I posted up it should be clear enough for people to understand.

Postaholic
    Pretty much I was told I was banned because the numbers I was giving out were fake. And yeah my raw BE was above 100% You take 100% - the tool science and it should come to 0. If you guy anything higher that's your rawBE. You'll notice with everyone else province they will get 0. And as a result their tool science won't be as great. @Tadpole Check the thread I posted up it should be clear enough for people to understand.
    Tools sci is multiplicative, not additive. As is DW BE bonus. I checked your thread, and your math is wrong. Your base BE was (is) 100%, not above. This is why you get banned. You don't listen, your calcs are wrong and you spread misinformation.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--

The industrys greats

Post Fiend
    I didn't say it wasn't. In fact I said it was. You're just hearing what you want to hear. MOD bonus add on to each other and then multiply on to your raw number. Dwarf's +20%BE is a mod bonus so it adds on to the raw BE, not multiply. At one point it did. Say I was a dwarf with 110%rawBE and dwarfs had +30% to BE. Well that 30% would multiply against the 110%. It no longer works that way. The numbers that multiply are science and some buildings based on the raw numbers your province is putting out. I did you look at the thread I posted up? I don't think you did. I am telling you how the game works and keep telling me no. How can you say no what the proof is right there for you to say. Before it was like show me otherwise you're wrong. Now that I show you all you have to say is: no you're wrong just because I say so. Go ahead don't take my advice. The kingdom I am in will and we will thrive because of it.

Postaholic
    I didn't say it wasn't. In fact I said it was. You're just hearing what you want to hear. MOD bonus add on to each other and then multiply on to your raw number. Dwarf's +20%BE is a mod bonus so it adds on to the raw BE, not multiply. At one point it did. Say I was a dwarf with 110%rawBE and dwarfs had +30% to BE. Well that 30% would multiply against the 110%. It no longer works that way. The numbers that multiply are science and some buildings based on the raw numbers your province is putting out. I did you look at the thread I posted up? I don't think you did. I am telling you how the game works and keep telling me no. How can you say no what the proof is right there for you to say. Before it was like show me otherwise you're wrong. Now that I show you all you have to say is: no you're wrong just because I say so. Go ahead don't take my advice. The kingdom I am in will and we will thrive because of it.
    No. Your spreading misinformation. BE multiplies, it doesn't add. See calcs in other thread. You get disproven time and time again, and even banned for spreading misinformation.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--

The industrys greats

Post Fiend
    There is nothing wrong with what I said. People just need to read it carefully because can be wordy. Noting I can do about that.

And yeah my raw BE was above 100%
    Your raw BE cannot, ever, be anything except 100.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Postaholic
    There is nothing wrong with what I said. People just need to read it carefully because can be wordy. Noting I can do about that.
    There is plenty wrong with what you say. Let me give an a few examples from one of your posts to illustrate:

MOD bonus add on to each other and then multiply on to your raw number.
    Wrong. Almost every bonus in the game is multiplicative. There are, however, a few exceptions...

But lets assume this assumption is right and that mods are added and then multiplied. Bishop just confirmed raw BE doesn't go above 100%. Ever. So using your own numbers for your own province you would get

100%*(20% Dwarf bonus BE + 37.4% tools sci) = 157.4% BE. You said your BE was 164.9%, which means you gave us false numbers!

or

you were simply wrong in how to calc. And the right way is: 100% (base)*20%(Dwarf)*37.4%(Sci) =164.9% BE. You provided the right numbers, but your calc is wrong.

Pick one...

Dwarf's +20%BE is a mod bonus so it adds on to the raw BE, not multiply.
    ...BE is not one of those exceptions. Soo... wrong again. As your own province numbers show, BE multiplies. Used to be that personality bonuses were added to raw BE at one point I think (but I might be wrong), possibly race BE bonus too. It's not been the case for many years however.

At one point it did.
    And still does.

Say I was a dwarf with 110%rawBE
    You can't have 110% raw BE. So again, wrong.

and dwarfs had +30% to BE. Well that 30% would multiply against the 110%. It no longer works that way.
    Since no one can have more than 100% raw BE, everything here is wrong. But more specifically your assumptions that BE no longer multiplies, is wrong. This age Dwarf BE bonus is 20%, max BE is thus 1*1.2=120%. Without science, you can never have more than 120% BE as dwarf. If you have sci, those bonuses too multiply. If you have libs, they in themselves are unaffected by BE, and their bonuses are multiplied.

The numbers that multiply are science and some buildings based on the raw numbers your province is putting out.
    And BE, and dragon effects, and a lot of spells and ops. Very few bonuses/penalties are additive.

I did you look at the thread I posted up? I don't think you did.
    I did. My eyes hurt a bit from all the misinformation. But I did read it.

I am telling you how the game works and keep telling me no.
    And I will keep on telling you that you're wrong when you're wrong. Because, you're wrong...

How can you say no what the proof is right there for you to say. Before it was like show me otherwise you're wrong. Now that I show you all you have to say is: no you're wrong just because I say so. Go ahead don't take my advice. The kingdom I am in will and we will thrive because of it.
    You're not wrong because I say so. You're just wrong. I got nothing to do with your wrongness, that you handle perfectly by yourself.

tldr:

Last edited by Tadpole; 11-04-2016 at 12:02.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--

The industrys greats

Post Fiend
    Then it must be a glitch because there has been many ages where I had no science yet my BE was above 100% The only way you can explain it is by saying it is a glitch. Or it is meant to be that way.

Blue mass, stop reporting posts because people disagree with you.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

How pathetic LoL.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadpole View Post
    You're not wrong because I say so. You're just wrong. I got nothing to do with your wrongness, that you handle perfectly by yourself.
    I'll be saving this one, thanks lol

Then it must be a glitch because there has been many ages where I had no science yet my BE was above 100% The only way you can explain it is by saying it is a glitch. Or it is meant to be that way.
    that was prolly a long time ago when we have peaceful stance, or during the utilization days, or GW days ... BE was ... WAS ... additive ... but after age 45(?), it was change to multiplicative to stop OP Dwarf from having 200BE with minimum effects ...

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

Thread Information