Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheers utopia!

Cheers utopia!

i doubt anyone will care, but time has come.
    started 1998, break for military service in 01-02, played ever age cept for that 1 year break.
    this game has given me alot, fun times, **** times, new friend new foes.

from AV to AA to single to tops.
    never put in much effort in this forum, but was a busy user on temple. never the best, never the worse, but would consider myself a veteran after this long time.

last 5-6years been with the same core people, and unfortunatley we come to the decission that its time to end.

i have nothing but love for the game, but this last age showed that the amount of sheit is overwhelming.
    problem occured when we lost a few old timers at age start and dropped below the magic nr of 22, since week 3-4 of this age we been dealing with nothing but multies and trolls lol :) we held the kd togheter for 6 years arroun 22-25 peeps, but once the steam runs out and u aint johnny on the spot to recruit/train/learn "new" people, u quickly end up in a bad situation.

anywho, this post is for me, been thinking of taking a break/quit for a long time, but need some sort of closer, this serves well.
    i doubt it will have any impact that i quit,and a 22strong kd disbands, who been ghetto top 30(with the ocasional visit to top 10-20 over the last 5-6 years) will be missed. sorry to say tho that the game will lose about 12-15 active players, the rest i really dont know if will stay or not.

it was a new experience this age, since its been too long since we dropped to the point where provs shows up, again, the amount of trolling and multies that occur once u drop below 22 players is mindblowing, even this late in the age, "new" players arrive, (saw a thread about rouge players here, can confirm its a problem), however, its not the reason we quit, alot of other factors involved, my tip to anyone that might be reading this ramble is, if you at 22or more and want to keep playing, do everything u can to keep that size, put in the effort to recruit, cause once u stop doing that and u start getting randoms, u will end up dealing with just that for a long time, its time consuming and drains energy, it takes time and energy to recruit aswell, but its less work, atleast what i found out.

thanx utopia! been a great run

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    you'll be back

have a nice break :)

Enjoy freedom!
    Played in Freeakstyle from 2009 to age 72 (2017) <3 - 7honor 1war crown | On a break

Needs to get out more
    Have fun. Merging is the key. But just like marriage requires a prenup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Didn't enjoy much in FM?
    FM

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    you'll be back

have a nice break :)
    The people who played this long ALWAYS come back! I've quit 5 times now, and yet I come back after an age or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

Quote Originally Posted by CannaWhoopazz View Post
    The people who played this long ALWAYS come back! I've quit 5 times now, and yet I come back after an age or two.
    I could quit the game easy. It is the forums that are addicting.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Postaholic
    You just need a break bud. Coast for an age and recharge. Enjoy the little one and the missus and don't worry about utopia for a couple of months. We have all been their.

She's an evil mistress and doesn't let go easy.
    War Monkeys War Monger - Contact me if interested in a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Rather than whining, getting pissy and getting on my radar why don't you just .....

I like to post
    I could quit the game easy. It is the forums that are addicting.
    I demand that the admins implement the "search-engine questionaire program" on BoH whenever he posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    I demand that the admins implement the "search-engine questionaire program" on BoH whenever he posts.
    I use the search probably more than anyone. It's how I pretend to know more than I do. I pass it with flying colors (avians not faeries!)
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Sorry to see you leave Orange.

I read about the same ongoing problem in Suomenniemi thread. Trolls coming in and basically destroying groups that has been playing together for a long time.

The social aspects of the game are as important as the game it self, maybe even more. Getting to know people from all over the world is the fun part.

But most still wants to war and do well, not having unknown kd mates sabotaging this.

Changes of the game mechanisms is good and very much needed to keep things interesting. But perhaps setting the limit for getting randoms at 22 provinces did not work out as well as hoped for. I think it would be a good idea to change back to 20, or even lower. This way smaller groups of players can still enjoy the company of playing together and not having outsiders ruining the fun.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    I use the search probably more than anyone.
    No you don't ;)

I read about the same ongoing problem in Suomenniemi thread. Trolls coming in and basically destroying groups that has been playing together for a long time.
    Suomenniemi is too stupid to understand what occurred in his kingdom.

On topic: These threads should be worthy of ingame perma bans. Nobody gives a **** when you quit

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrr View Post
    Sorry to see you leave Orange.

The social aspects of the game are as important as the game it self, maybe even more. Getting to know people from all over the world is the fun part.

But most still wants to war and do well, not having unknown kd mates sabotaging this.

Changes of the game mechanisms is good and very much needed to keep things interesting. But perhaps setting the limit for getting randoms at 22 provinces did not work out as well as hoped for. I think it would be a good idea to change back to 20, or even lower. This way smaller groups of players can still enjoy the company of playing together and not having outsiders ruining the fun.
    Maybe allow the current Monarch of a Kingdom decide whether he wants random players joining his Kingdom or not. Make it more accessible to the players, from what I know now in order to disallow randoms joining a KD, you have to write a mail to support aka Bishop asking him to do so.

Imo kingdom size should be increased next age to 23.

You can't stop randoms even if you ask Bishop.

Thread Information