Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Kingdom has balls to fight FREE in equal terms?

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickdevil View Post
    Nope. We only wave those with war wins.
    Ouch ...!

Enthusiast
    For "warring on equal terms" you can ask for land caps. That is fair and commonly done. Asking for NW caps is just silly though. No self respecting kd is going to go for NW caps, NW comes with pumping and pumping is one of, if not the, most important skill for wining wars. If other kds are outpumping you then work on your pump strat, dont ask for wars with a NW cap.
    All hail Bart of Farta

Enthusiast
    eh i thought it is a no brainer to war on equal terms you have to set acre cap instead of nw cap.

Veteran
    This thread makes me flaccid.

Can't really blame a kingdom for asking about fair terms and opponents who are reasonably equal in both size/players to be honest. As utopia works now, much of a war is decided when the button is given, and the ones who get it can create a massive advantage if they play it well, that's just fact. A fair fight is really hard to get though, because kingdoms vary a lot in both size and number of players, and just 1 or 2 extra provinces or just 10% in nw can be quite an advantage. If you agree to war under such circumstances then odds are against you, if your opponent has a decent size advantage to start with, or extra players at their disposal, you don't even have to do anything wrong really it's just that nothing spectacular happened during the course of the war to alter the outcome of a somewhat predetermined result. (Like sending elites instead of horses, or adding an extra 0/double clicking when slaying dragons etc)

Not saying it's impossible to fight and win from a disadvantage because it certainly isn't, but when it comes to warring between fairly decent kingdoms, activity is going to be roughly the same, performance is going to be roughly the same, it's quite often your setup, your pre-war advantages or the button that will determine if you win or lose.
    #CanWe-public @utonet

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    something that results in free being able to pull together a win?
    debatable

Regular
    There is no such thing as equal terms. Afterall, what is equal? No KD or set of circumstances is equal. Ok, so someone argue for "fair terms" - yet again, what is fair? Something fair to you, doesn't mean it is fair to the other. Give and take, every monarch try their best to get the "fairest" terms suitable for their KD setup. So yea, FREE is pretty lame.

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeLeague View Post
    Because Pyro only interested in books...

Of course!

But at least we give button and we give you your pick of who and how to chain! I mean, if someone would have the guts to take it to war, they have one heck of an advantage given that we are giving button with full learn waves.... sheesh!
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Veteran
    I'll war you

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Meep View Post
    debatable
    clearly though if they lose its because they gave up an advantage, and if they win it was even terms and they just more pro no?

Veteran
    The only way to get a fight bon equal ground is that two kingdoms of the same player number reset all their provs a the same time to a pre determined race/pers setup that both kds will run :P

Postaholic
    Or an oop war, same number of provinces. But we know how that worked for Free
    War Monkeys War Monger - Contact me if interested in a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Rather than whining, getting pissy and getting on my radar why don't you just .....

Enthusiast
    I think you guys forgot that you can war and beat kds that are 30% larger with double your science. Apparently efficient chaining is all you need to do to "topfeed" on these larger kds. We know vlahul does not make mistakes so it must be that people in free are not following his brilliant plans well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by vlahul82 View Post
    If one kingdom set and pump science all age, waiting to be uber powerful if any challange comes...that's simply fear.
    Even if CR would be 30% bigger land and double more science, that does not make them automatially War Winner. The game mechanics alow you to bypass their science bonus and in the end, the core tactic of any war is efficient chaining.

When losing 50-80% of your land and get out of the nw gains, you start to lose. The more you have, the more you lose.

It's EOA, boring. But let's assume:

CR with that 5k-7k bpa and 3-5 raw wpa top on their attackers vs a 30% smaller kd with ~3 raw wpa and 1500-2000 bpa, but ****loads of honor bonuses that nearly gets same numbers as their science.

CR would probably hold an upperhand over t/m capacity (if they indeed have all prov on 3-5 raw wpa with 150-200% science modifiers).

That will not stop them from losing land. In fact, they are mathematically in a less favorable position being topfeed = losing more land, retaliation won't bring back the same from a smaller province.

They might control the economic side of war, but every good player can maintain his offense and keep spawning attacks, eventually making them lose more land and that what matters.

Offense is no problem, all provinces can be broken.

Beside that, i really am not impressed of their dpa/opa numbers.

And there is one more thing: taking them 4 months to reach this statut is SLOW. And i'm telling you why: having so many CF, left them without targets to grow faster. They did their best to vulture on the weak and take whatever they can from ghettos.

In 4 months, the 10k acres province is VERY ARCHIEVABLE, even in 2.5 months.
    All hail Bart of Farta

LoL

peppie and vlahul be like

"Respect the one who defends his land with bravery;
    Honor the price he pays to fufill his duty."

-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
    WhatsApp +16264286874 | SC2/D3 BattleNet: DonJuan5420 | PSN: DonJuan5420

Age 54: #1 Land KD (HaLL of Heroes)
    Age 54: #1 NW KD (HaLL of Heroes)

Age 81: #1 Honor KD (The Faery Circle)
    Age 81: #1 WW KD (The Faery Circle)
    The Tactical Technical Institute

Ya'll are savage
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Thread Information