Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Few Kds that actually have balls.

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    This post makes it sound like Spartans have never warred a KD where it's been a free win for them, 2 ages ago would like a word with you.
    People change, kingdoms change. Spartans learnt their lesson are now playing a clean game. Anyways, I never said that getting easy wars is bad perse, it's hiding and pretending you're weaker than you actually are that is the problem. Instead of the good kingdoms facing off early-age and having meaningful wars, most of the good warring Kingdoms basically do ghetto bashing until their 4th war.

Postaholic
    Good war kds want to war kds with records. 3/3, 4/4, 5/6 etc. ghettos rarely reach this

Tagging up is irrelevant, personally we never look at names, unless it's someone that has been a dick in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    ^This.

Tagging up means you won't be warring kingdoms that you have no business warring. It's sad that the "top warring kingdoms" can't survive without easy farms wars where the other kingdom isn't sure what they're getting into. sAD

<3 mythos doe ;)
    War Monkeys War Monger - Contact me if interested in a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Rather than whining, getting pissy and getting on my radar why don't you just .....

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Tagging up is irrelevant
    and yet you hide...

and yet you hide...
    They were probably dicks in the past then.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Postaholic
    and yet you hide...
    Been a long time since we could hide. Hell we get noticed in any theme usually week 1.

Aren't we allowed to run themes? I did not know it was against the rules.

Does it always get posted in the forums, nope but as you know rarely is anyone from our kd in here, other than me because I like to read all the bullsnot.

Rather than whining, getting pissy and getting on my radar why don't you just .....

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    They were probably dicks in the past then.
    Doubt you would find anyone that says that but it's possible.

We try to be decent.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Been a long time since we could hide. Hell we get noticed in any theme usually week 1.

Aren't we allowed to run themes? I did not know it was against the rules.

Does it always get posted in the forums, nope but as you know rarely is anyone from our kd in here, other than me because I like to read all the bullsnot.
    That's weird. TFC always ran a fun theme for the age and we never had a problem fitting the name of our kingdom into the kingdom name
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Postaholic
    Really. You could fit 3 whole letters in.

Post Fiend
    I think this thread is funny. Tagging up or not has nothing to do with balls. It has to do with strategy. As some good warring kds would attest, the culture in Utopia right now is that of being scared. Most monarchs run a generally scared warring policy due to a lack of preparation for their next opponent and will only war in very favorable conditions. This has been going for many ages now. Not tagging helps more organized kds to look easier to war and thus gets them a war more quickly. It doesn't always mean easier wars, but it definitely means war more quickly than if tagged. An unconventional warring set up also runs along the same lines as not tagging. To the average monarch, they see no mystics or t/ms and they think it's a winnable war. It worked great got Green this age when Spartans waved into us without knowing we were Green. It was such a refreshing thing to have the button after a full wave from a KD. That just doesn't simply happen anymore. And I would out money down that the spartans wouldn't have just full waved us if they knew were green. Bart would've definitely messaged us and tried to set terms.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    No. We were tagged up as "The Faery Circle" most of the time, because that's who we were ;)

That's weird. TFC always ran a fun theme for the age and we never had a problem fitting the name of our kingdom into the kingdom name
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    No. We were tagged up as "The Faery Circle" most of the time, because that's who we were ;)
    Both of those ^ are true.

Well, for TFC there was no point in hiding cause their kd strat was pretty obvious give away. But the notion that if you arent tagged up with your kd name you are hiding is pretty stupid.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    We tried tagging as "Definitely Not Faeries" one OOP...didn't work :(

Also, later in the age, sure. Everyone that cares knows who BB is knows where they are, for example. But for the first couple weeks while people haven't separated themselves, it's pretty clear what everyone is trying to do (i.e. wreck some ghetto that doesn't know what's going on)

'top warring kds'

lawl

Quote Originally Posted by Legality View Post
    I think this thread is funny. Tagging up or not has nothing to do with balls. It has to do with strategy. As some good warring kds would attest, the culture in Utopia right now is that of being scared. Most monarchs run a generally scared warring policy due to a lack of preparation for their next opponent and will only war in very favorable conditions. This has been going for many ages now. Not tagging helps more organized kds to look easier to war and thus gets them a war more quickly. It doesn't always mean easier wars, but it definitely means war more quickly than if tagged. An unconventional warring set up also runs along the same lines as not tagging. To the average monarch, they see no mystics or t/ms and they think it's a winnable war. It worked great got Green this age when Spartans waved into us without knowing we were Green. It was such a refreshing thing to have the button after a full wave from a KD. That just doesn't simply happen anymore. And I would out money down that the spartans wouldn't have just full waved us if they knew were green. Bart would've definitely messaged us and tried to set terms.
    I'd scroll through the thousands of messages in our chat, but... to paraphrase Bart before our wave 'we're going to get creamed'. We knew what were were getting ourselves into... and we do do the whole waving-into-war thing against a tough opponent every now and then ;) and hey, fair fight. You guys deserved the win.
    Last edited by JohnnyReid; 06-02-2016 at 22:13.

Thread Information