Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AID vs aggressive actions

Thumbs up AID vs aggressive actions

Hi,

Why is it that AID is considered an aggressive action? Please fix this bug.
    "You may not modify/move/abandon your province within 24 hours of aggressive actions. Your most recent was 52 seconds ago."

I created a new province yesterday and someone dumped 200k gc on me. Now that I am finally OOP I sent it back.
    Somehow this is blocking me from doing a random move to a better kd. Can we please get this fixed? IT is absurd to consider an aggressive move sending back some aid you never asked for.

Cheers.

Should have defected with their GC ;-)
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Veteran
    Yeah I think it's a butthole as well but ofc it's a rule implemented because others long before our time were abusing it. Start a prov, dump all resources/sols, restart province, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by s0830887 View Post
    Yeah I think it's a butthole as well but ofc it's a rule implemented because others long before our time were abusing it. Start a prov, dump all resources/sols, restart province, etc.
    Long before your time? This was the Godly rule only a few ages back. Run ToG machines start of age, at OOP dump all your resources onto cows and killers then reset prov. It was the most effective way of reverse banking.

OP block aid, don't send back, and read the rule changes each age. It's not a bug, it's a fix.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Definitely not a bug and implemented for good reasons.

I do agree the wording needs changed though. Too many people are inconvenienced by this.

Its on the "To do list"

That list getting a bit long Korp :P
    War is what happens when language fails.

Needs to get out more
    Actually it was first observed by octobrev publicly, to my knowledge. He posted in strategy forum elaborating the possible exploit before the age started. Aid and 24 HR restart in combination is the potion in question.

Everyone knew about the hole and it's negative impact was apparent in the Rusty vs BoB(ish)war beginning of the previous age.

The hammer fell on the next kingdom who used the rule for an advantage. It's my personal belief that the integrity of provinces as an entity unto itself was the reason for the punishment. Otherwise kingdoms are nothing more than a a drone control system. It's relative to cannibalism, game wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Enthusiast
    It was more autocannibalism as i made the order and had to reset. The best oop way of raping a prov was/is still by far to aid out everything and then be an invert-bank and plunder/rob every inactive and aid that out too before whoring from that nwa.

That being said, I still don't see why you make a game mechanic that provides an in-game nerf to an action and then claim the action--which you have now dealt with-- to be illigal. Me and poor lekter missed an entire war in 3 day protection from it due to the 24 hour wait and then the move to 72 hour protection if you reset in war. Think we even were locked out of our provs for the 72 hours and then ended up resetting again when we got it back since they were so messed up from it. First time i've ever done an 8 day protection :(

edit: but on the real op, if you reset now after waiting the 24 hours the punishment is to be locked out of your account and for 30% of all military from everyone in kd to be removed so please be careful.

edit2: http://www.theguardian.com/world/200...ny.lukeharding
    Last edited by topsy's revenge; 08-02-2016 at 05:19.

Needs to get out more
    You're a gem, topsy. It's why you're on the no retal list. Someone's gotta pay but not you.

I had only heard the headline to the story. Thank you for posting.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by topsy's revenge View Post
    That being said, I still don't see why you make a game mechanic that provides an in-game nerf to an action and then claim the action--which you have now dealt with-- to be illigal.
    You don't see how devising a kingdom strategy to abuse a paid feature to generate more resources that will essentially give you the win in the first week of the age wasn't something the devs should fix and action? You don't see how a function that's available for provinces that want/need to switch their race/personality by restarting them isn't being abused by a top kingdom that's using it generate resources doesn't fall under the "Abusing mechanics in ways they're clearly not intended to be used" rule?

As you forced me to say on reddit, c'mon Topsy, you're better than that.

Needs to get out more
    He does now, lol.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Enthusiast
    If you want something to not be done you either remove it from the game or explicitly state that it is illigal. If you see the mechanic and instead just nerf it then you are saying "this is ok, but it is now no longer very useful." Furthermore, the mechanic does not cost money(it is free to destroy your prov and you start with invites) and it is not overly OP after the changes that were made to make it not op. People have been coming oop, aid out, drop nw to plunder/rob for millions and millions more than you get in current protection and then reset 24 hours later for years. This is just a much weaker version of that.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    1. Both resets and invites not only are purchasable items, but you bought the resets when you did it and were actioned. I'm not sure where you're hoping to go with that line of thinking other than to argue about something.

2. The "We've been doing it for years" line doesn't mean you weren't cheating for all those years...

3. There are plenty of mechanical changes that are specifically designed to steer people away from cheating. I.e. Fortified and EoWCF changes are geared towards people not fake warring. It's not as though after those changes are made it's suddenly ok to fake war because it was nerfed. You're still not allowed to trade accounts with invites being available. You're still not allowed to x-log with sitting available, ect.

Quote Originally Posted by topsy's revenge View Post
    If you want something to not be done you either remove it from the game or explicitly state that it is illigal. If you see the mechanic and instead just nerf it then you are saying "this is ok, but it is now no longer very useful." Furthermore, the mechanic does not cost money(it is free to destroy your prov and you start with invites) and it is not overly OP after the changes that were made to make it not op. People have been coming oop, aid out, drop nw to plunder/rob for millions and millions more than you get in current protection and then reset 24 hours later for years. This is just a much weaker version of that.
    It doesnt take a Einstein to figure out that if you are using a feature as its not intended you break the rules.

Thread Information