Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why won't you respond

Why won't you respond

Anyone have any recommendations on how to get someone to respond to a message you send? Here is my little "scenario"

I send several messages and requests for war to a certain KD, no names of course ;-) I see you read the messages. So why not respond? Both the king AND steward read the messages. No response. Ok so you don't respond and you sit in norm, we drop fort and wave which seems like the reasonable thing to do!

You STILL don't respond after that. So therefore you allow your TM's to eat 2 full waves and get pummeled. But after the 2nd wave, which was a MASS wave, all you say to us is "We have a war agreed accept CF."

TIME OUT SON! Your news has shown 0 activity for days. Ok...we are prepped for war and so are you. But I will play into your antics, toss a few more hits in before we accept your CF. Several days go by and no war. Oh is that so now?! We see you dropped into fort, maxed that out, then norm. And yet your news STILL shows nothing. No hostilities towards anyone. When did you agree to this war? Yr 8??

Ok so Ill send another message. Oh and no response again. Do you really need to be forced into war?! What are you hiding from?? If you really need to eat more waves from us, then we can make that happen. This is a war game...accept the war!
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Veteran
    "Waah waah waah why won't the KD I want to war me? They OWE me a war because they play Utopia!"

Wave someone bigger than you and then you'll get your war

cool story :)

I see we have some smart asses in this game ;-) I am not opposed to waving you :-D
    - unknown

"i SENT SEVERAL MESSAGES YOU MUST GIVE ME WAR!!"

I dont really get that attitude..

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    "i SENT SEVERAL MESSAGES YOU MUST GIVE ME WAR!!"

I dont really get that attitude..
    Its not about how they MUST give me war. How about a little common courtesy to tell me to buzz off...instead of lying about warring someone else.
    - unknown

The OP's tears could provide Los Angeles with water for a year if we could just figure out how to remove the pjsalt from them.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    Its not about how they MUST give me war. How about a little common courtesy to tell me to buzz off...instead of lying about warring someone else.
    No offense, as you're not rare among the Utopians lacking a moral compass. And I say that as in being unaware of what constitutes moral perception. Respectfully so.

What is it you want, competition or just a feeder kingdom? I must admit myself, I feel awful attacking lower nw kingdoms this age in the name of learning. I'm telling you this because we share in a predatory cycle that I am not above and acutely aware.

I'm going to advise use you to be intuitive and compassionate. The complacency in the kingdom you attacked should be all you need to know.
    Just leave them alone. They probably have issues that you can't relate with. That was a suggestion.

Frankly I'm at a loss why so many chose aggression against the weak when the strong are readily available to engage. Is it fear? Is it the need to be prepared for something that's out of reach? Land crown, war, honor? Yeah there's a few of you in the running, but most of us are aiming low.

I've spent the better part of my time in Utopia facing predators and besting the majority. I'm currently brushing up on mechanics to be a better player. But I've made it a habit to handicap myself in the name of competition. Some guys say they want to be the best, but they're nowhere near a crown. And if they were would squirm away from the truest tests. We all know what second best really is; why the illusion of placing?

Common curtesy is to not attack people unprovoked and to simply say "hi" when you see them. That's what I mean by moral compass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Postaholic
    Cool story Fluffylicious
    War Monkeys War Monger - Contact me if interested in a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Rather than whining, getting pissy and getting on my radar why don't you just .....

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    This is a war game...accept the war!
    This is a strategy game.

It's pretty clear you won't be getting the war you want, so I suggest you proceed forward using that information.

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    No offense, as you're not rare among the Utopians lacking a moral compass. And I say that as in being unaware of what constitutes moral perception. Respectfully so.

What is it you want, competition or just a feeder kingdom? I must admit myself, I feel awful attacking lower nw kingdoms this age in the name of learning. I'm telling you this because we share in a predatory cycle that I am not above and acutely aware.

I'm going to advise use you to be intuitive and compassionate. The complacency in the kingdom you attacked should be all you need to know.
    Just leave them alone. They probably have issues that you can't relate with. That was a suggestion.

Frankly I'm at a loss why so many chose aggression against the weak when the strong are readily available to engage. Is it fear? Is it the need to be prepared for something that's out of reach? Land crown, war, honor? Yeah there's a few of you in the running, but most of us are aiming low.

I've spent the better part of my time in Utopia facing predators and besting the majority. I'm currently brushing up on mechanics to be a better player. But I've made it a habit to handicap myself in the name of competition. Some guys say they want to be the best, but they're nowhere near a crown. And if they were would squirm away from the truest tests. We all know what second best really is; why the illusion of placing?

Common curtesy is to not attack people unprovoked and to simply say "hi" when you see them. That's what I mean by moral compass.
    That is funny, no one ever said it was a lower nw kingdom. Everyone assumes that when someone waves another, they wave lower nw kd's or kd's who don't hold the upper hand. All of our wars this age, we have never held the advantages yet always seem to come out on top.

This is a game or warring and strategy though. And communication is key. So communicate with me, don't just sit back and let your kd eat wave after wave. If you have issues, tell me, and we will move on. I don't like playing with bullies either. The reason of this post is not to say "hey im a bully better watch out" because that is not what we are about. We are fair by ALL means. But atleast respond...
    - unknown

Strat0Castle Why dont you ask the kingdom you currently reside in, waving down close to half your size.

Post Fiend
    I am not sure what the other kds monarch is thinking, but be happy that you got a bunch of land. You can now move on and wave someone else. I can understand why it is frustrating that you didn't get your war, but at least you established a cf with a kd which means less interference from a kd in the future.

And now you'll look fat to the next kd which might mean they'll war you.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by s0830887 View Post
    "Waah waah waah why won't the KD I want to war me? They OWE me a war because they play Utopia!"

Wave someone bigger than you and then you'll get your war
    false
    -Gurch

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    The OP's tears could provide Los Angeles with water for a year if we could just figure out how to remove the pjsalt from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Strat0Castle Why dont you ask the kingdom you currently reside in, waving down close to half your size.
    +1. Gold.
    @OP Just keep waving. Who gives a ****. Clearly they don't.

Thread Information