Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why won't you respond

Postaholic
    I'm not suggesting for kingdoms to look for war where they stand but a minuscule chance of winning (though that could still provide learning experiences - and it is war - as opposed to no war). But I don't think you can complain about not finding wars, unless you've given growth a serious try. Until then, its only your own strategy limiting you, not the game or any other (collection of) kingdom(s). And your complaining will be nothing more than novelty.

With the game being as small as it is, and with all but a couple kingdoms competing - there's always bigger kingdoms willing to wait for you to grow too, give you a fair chance. Evening the odds.

Oh, and my posts aren't directed at Fluffy. If Fluffy is the same kd as the Fluffylicious of 10-15 ages back, they used to be a much solid kd, got nothing but respect for them. But that was many ages ago, I don't know Fluffy, I don't have a province, and I don't have an opinion on them - only opinions in general ;)
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Needs to get out more
    There is a war culture. This means a majority of kingdoms perceive what we're doing here is finding war.

I've always found war finds you. My challenge idioms, which I've suspended this age, dictate that I only retal and never attack unprovoked of my own volition.

We could play Utopia pumping science and exploring acres and not attacking each other at all. What happens is a prevailing culture based in war interferes with those at peace. Aggressive kingdoms won't leave nonaggressive kingdoms alone, unless they're CR.

What I'm saying is I never had to be aggressive and this was the case even last age in Jerks. War found us. I wouldn't partake in their waves vs non-warring targets but I did retaliate larger kingdoms. In Jerks I practiced my morals, my mechanics and used my build. We got hit by a few kingdoms simultaneously. This situation was pretty usual for me. Everywhere I travel war has found us.

Now, knowing this I've enjoyed relative success. This is why I wonder why kingdoms that are aggressive with players that are well heeled in mechanics have a hard time finding war. Or trying to get an even war. I'm terrible at mechanics and love war vs superior opposition. Most of you should be better at this than me.

The old war kingdoms need not apply here. You'll notice they never have problems till one of them is in the crown chase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Forum Fanatic
    When have war kingdoms ever fought fair wars? From the lowest ghetto from the top of the war tier, kingdoms are also trying to game advantages for themselves. It's pretty annoying and a large reason why playing at the war tier is so boring.

That said - way too many kingdoms overrate holding the button and are far too worried about taking in acres during war. It seemed a little different before I stopped playing, and in the growth tier that sort of nonsense was seen for what it is. There are so many noob traps that the war tier keeps falling into, like Avian/Cleric, overrating troop sustain in general, devaluing thievery and failure to understand real cost/benefit of running particular ops... the list goes on. It doesn't help that the culture in this game discourages creativity and individual initiative, but those largely have to do with the game mechanics depreciating individual play and encouraging collusion among the top.

Anyway, if you're in war tier it helps to just learn-wave rather that tradwave, since you really don't want the acres. Plan for the contingency where your doods have zero incoming and it's perfectly fine.
    Tip - a lot of kingdoms underrate the importance of attacker defense and think, "yay kingdom with low offense, we can roflstomp!". The problem most kingdoms run into isn't too much defense, but inconsistent and non-useful defense, or inconsistent offense levels that can't follow up for your other attackers.

I don't think there is anything wrong with taxing kingdoms that refuse war, but there's a point where it becomes dickish, and imo kingdoms shouldn't demand free waves or throw a hissyfit when someone decides to retalwar. Totally contra to the new utopia unfortunately. If people didn't act like such raging ****wads and call it diplo, the game would be a lot healthier today, but the damage has been done.

Strat0castle, the original post is about why a KD would sit and eat 2 waves on bigger size with a prov more without responding to messages about war, then lie about it afterwards, rather then just say not interested or need more time... Before the waves were even made.

I also appreciate your reply on exploring and pumping sitting doing nothing, noone is going to argue that, because noone wish to sit and do nothing, but when you full wave downwards on a KD half your size, dont pretend its anything but bottomfeeding. Which is what Korp pointed at.

Tadpole as for growth its hard to say, i tried it with fluffy 2 ages back and while i admit i made some mistakes, the **** i got from the likes of BB was not worth it and completely removed my will to play at all.

Noobium i totally agree in general, to a large portion of your post, but i dont think its relevant in this case.
    Last edited by Aranfein; 08-02-2016 at 00:24.
    War is what happens when language fails.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by 13nesta13 View Post
    We're 45k and I cant recall having waved any KD 23k or smaller. Smallest was 29k. So I dont know wtf you're talking.
    *sigh*
    Really? That's the pillar of integrity you want to stand on? That they're 64% and not 50% so you aren't waving kingdoms half your size.

You know, I really try to root for kingdoms and give them my support and then they say stupid **** like this and it's just gone lol

Enthusiast
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQHsXMglC9A

They don't know what their missing. You'll land the war of your dreams next time!

edit: it's not you; it's them!

Needs to get out more
    @ Aranfein. Yeah and I think I addressed the original question a while ago. Mind you I have to claim hypocrisy on my part each time because I don't have a disclaimer officially illustrating why, ready to copy/paste.

Essentially it's the presumption that any of us are owed anything when we act in an aggressive manner. It doesn't matter if the kingdom lied about it's status after eating 2 waves.

Morally *activate disclaimer* it's proper to stop kicking a guy and asking him why you should stop kicking him:

[while dunking the Dude's head in the toilet]
    Blond Treehorn Thug: Where's the money, Lebowski? Where's the f%€king money, ****head?
    The Dude: It's uh... uh... it's down there somewhere, let me take another look.

And

Blond Treehorn Thug: [holding up a bowling ball] What the f*~k is this?
    The Dude: Obviously you're not a golfer.

as we see in satirical clarity, getting ones ass kicked is no guarantee of a reasonable response. The kingdom in question owes nothing to the attacker. Not even the truth. Just remember: as the aggressor we forgo reasonable behavior to be complete dicks to people minding their own business. To then have a mind set that your victim owes you logic is ludicrous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Strat0castle i think you are missing the point, noone said anything about owing anything, he spoke about courtesy to reply..

Me: Hey Pyro want to war?
    You: "Reading post but ignoring it"
    Me: Hey Pyro, i can see you are looking for war(kd tagged), you are above us, want to agree on a war? (You had gc/resources, 1 prov, 2k acres and NW advantage).
    You: "Reading post but ignoring it"

Me: Hmm Maybe they going to wave us, wonder what their game is...

Me: Hey Pyro, Can see you read my post but no reply, what if we give you button?
    Pyro: "Reads post but ignores it" - Takes intel tho on at least a few

Me: Guys we are waving Pyro they arent responding, not sure if they want war, lets give button
    *Wave happens*

Pyro: Takes intel and cast MS but still no messages
    Me: Hmm they OPing us but not said anything, lets wave again so we can move on or get war
    *Wave 2 happens with massacres/learns*

Pyro: Sorry Angels we got agreed war please move on
    Me: Oh okay then, lets CF up... CF's
    Pyro: Jumps fortified for 72hrs
    *Pyro comes out and randoms out a bit*

Me: Pyro thought you said you had agreed war?
    Pyro: Reads post but ignores it
    Me: Can i ask vs who or do you want to agree to a war?
    Pyro: Reads post but doesnt reply, insteads jumps back into fortified.

Tell me, would you think thats demanding you owe anything? I would personally think thats a very relaxed attitude, trying to make a war where both are happy, despite you holding a prov and 2k acres more... (thats the actual timeline for the KD the poster is on about, obviously wasnt against Pyro, but you get my drift im sure).... The least i would expect was a reply to say not interested or not looking atm, hell even we have a war agreed, if that was the case... Just so i wouldnt wave you, thinking Pyro was up for the fight
    Last edited by Aranfein; 08-02-2016 at 06:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    *sigh*
    Really? That's the pillar of integrity you want to stand on? That they're 64% and not 50% so you aren't waving kingdoms half your size.

You know, I really try to root for kingdoms and give them my support and then they say stupid **** like this and it's just gone lol
    Really too? Obviously you were focusing on the wrong part of the post as that wasnt the main crux of my argument. You could have taken in the context of the whole post. Whole post was even if a 65% KD was waved at 29k size, it was one of the largest if not the largest KD we were entitled to waving. And we havent done a whole lot of them, 2 KDs tops I believe. To spin it into a smear campaign was the funny part, not me nitpicking on whether its 50% or 65%.

Stratocastle can testify.
    PyroManiaCs Monarch #Pyromaniacs

Post Fiend
    Im with the OP in this... isn't an important part of this game diplomacy?

Send a message to potential war target... - no reply - wave

Send a message to potential war target... - yes is the answer - wave

Send a message to potential war target... get a response saying no war - move on

So many people cry poor about being "bottom fed" yet they refuse to use diplo to help their circumstances?

Why is diplo expected from the "top kingdoms", yet excused with the war tier/lower?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by ThRaZe View Post
    Im with the OP in this... isn't an important part of this game diplomacy?

Send a message to potential war target... - no reply - wave

Send a message to potential war target... - yes is the answer - wave

Send a message to potential war target... get a response saying no war - move on

So many people cry poor about being "bottom fed" yet they refuse to use diplo to help their circumstances?

Why is diplo expected from the "top kingdoms", yet excused with the war tier/lower?
    Send message, no reply, wave.
    Kingdom sends CF.
    Now they've sent you a message, a CF. Accept and move on, or farm another round then move on. Don't sit there hitting them repeatedly saying WHY WON'T THEY WAR US?!?!?! WE ASKED NICELY!

Post Fiend
    And if no cf is sent?

Post Fiend
    Sending cf after eating a wave is so BS given that they ignored you the first time.

Azureflames noone is talking about repeatedly waving someone, not sure where you get that from? the fact was the poster was asking for more communication when messaging, at which he pointed to a KD that ate 2 full waves before even acknowledging the messages, at which point they replied with a quick "war agreed plz move on" and sent a CF which was accepted straight away. - Point being all that could have been avoided had they just replied to 1 of the first messages.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by 13nesta13 View Post
    Really too? Obviously you were focusing on the wrong part of the post as that wasnt the main crux of my argument. You could have taken in the context of the whole post. Whole post was even if a 65% KD was waved at 29k size, it was one of the largest if not the largest KD we were entitled to waving. And we havent done a whole lot of them, 2 KDs tops I believe. To spin it into a smear campaign was the funny part, not me nitpicking on whether its 50% or 65%.

Stratocastle can testify.
    I did read the whole thing, but for some reason you decided to lead off with "I have no idea what you're talking about. We aren't waving kingdoms half our size." Not only does it make you sound incredibly dense, but it sounds like you're trying to lawyer your way out of the accusations.

Thread Information