Thread: Primary Election Clowncar

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Fanatic

Primary Election Clowncar

So, who will clinch the noms in the US presidential election?

I'm both an optimist and a pessimist so without explaining too much why, here is my take:

Repubs - Rubio. Cruz is hated and hateable, no way he makes it to the finals after the **** he pulled. Trump is the biggest assclown ever. Carson never really had a chance in the first place. Rest are basically clones of each other in every meaningful respect, but Rubio is younger and looks better to an undecided idiot. From what I'm gathering on the internets, most of the younger Republican set are going his way on an anyone-but-Trump and anyone-but-Cruz campaign.

Dems - Sanders. I wouldn't have thought this last month and will probably eat crow, since Democratic primaries lol - but I see Hillary's campaign tanking bad, making many of the same unforced errors they made in 2008. Taking votes for granted while trying to appeal to people against her own record is just a bad idea - it's not winning a whole lot of support and probably hurts her in the general election.

General - Sadly, my sinking feeling is that a Repub is going to win in November, and it will be 8+ years of utter ****. Too many people are forgetting just how far this country has gone and how many people have their heads in the sand.

I don't think Sanders' plan for education is a good idea at all, the problems with education and labor in this world aren't going to be solved with more college credits. More of the same broken system is not going to be a fix; what that money should go towards is a plan to scrap K-12 as it has persisted for the past 100 years, so people can exit the school system with something meaningful rather than a note telling them they're eligible to pay universities a ****-ton of money for a chance at a credential - and that's if they manage to pass through the childhood screening nightmare, which is of course the reason the present education system exists and why reform from within is impossible.

I know I'm fighting a hopeless cause in this "tear down every educational institution and start everything over" campaign, but it is the only way forward, and putting more money into a broken system is just exacerbating what is to me the root of most of this society's problems.
    Last edited by noobium; 14-02-2016 at 01:16.

Thread Information