Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Primary Election Clowncar

Add more on class war to your analysis psheep.. It would improve it in my opinion.

My view:

Sanders: Socially liberal; ok with the idea of government; think current government is corrupt.
    At best a "new deal" FDR type.

Clinton: Socially quite liberal , oldsters who made it and think we should all be tolerant , quite central.
    Many women, Latino's and AA's favour her. Think she'll win because of it.
    Establishment.

Trump: Anger, class war,disenfranchised. Some similarities to Sanders group on corruption.

Isolationist and xenophobe but more socially liberal than the conservative wing within their own homogeneous group. Less tolerant of outsiders.

Conservatives: No idea what the hell just happened. Can't vote for the Lizard vs Wizard yet. Instincts are totally against Trump.
    Their leaving the GOP makes it unelectable. There again as a faction on their own they can't influence ****.

That'll be interesting.

Nativists vs cons.

Greens: Hoping Sanders likes less guns moving forward.
    If they could somehow bring themselves to realise ethical animal husbandry can be achieved and wed that to gun rights . (Easy to do) they could be a rural factor.
    No joke.
    Libertarians: Still just wanting to get high and you to **** off.
    Last edited by makeo; 05-05-2016 at 12:43.

Forum Fanatic
    And so the clowncar is essentially over. 16 Republicans and none of them better than Trump. Sweet Jesus.

Still holding to my belief that all of the poisons will hatch out. Time to run for the hills if the worst thing happens.

Veteran
    Here is why people like me love Trump. Our country is broke, and I understand if you live in certain areas you don't know this. I live in Michigan where through Bill Clintons nafta and more recent pacific trade agreement supported by Hilary Clinton as destroyed our state. We have massive unemployed and people on welfare. Entire communities are ghost towns with no hope of a future. That is what people like Hilary Clinton, Obama and Bill Clinton did for us. Now I hate Bush just as much as the other three I named. So who is the only candidate talking about bringing jobs back? Trump. Who is the only one saying stop illegal immigrants from stealing our jobs and in many ways our welfare money. Trump. I dont mind helping the world as a American but we should take care of our own first. Not with free handouts but with jobs and a sense of worth. Also I am a vet and our treatment is outrageous. Such as a illegal immigrant can get 100% free healthcare at any hospital. But I have to drive 45 min to recieve free medical care for the injures I sustained in the military. If it isn't military related I have to have private insurance or pay out of pocket. Moral of the story if we can't afford to take care of are vets why are we taking care of refugees and illegal immigrants. Take care of our own and then worry about the rest of the world.
    Last edited by handofthrawn; 07-05-2016 at 23:33.

Forum Fanatic
    I live in Michigan too. I'm with Bernie on his opinion of the Clintons, at least.

The question is, why do you think Trump is going to do a single thing for you? He can say whatever he wants, but aside from blaming the Mexicans he has no plan. He won't do **** about NAFTA or the TPP no matter what **** he spews out of his mouth - both are done deals, nothing no president says will stop them barring a miracle against the TPP. Nor does Trump really give a **** - he will gladly gut the country just like Reagan did and laugh at anyone fool enough to elect him. He doesn't even have a realistic plan re: immigration... the only reason immigration is an issue is because the Republicans needed ammo to paint Obama as a white-American-hating tyrant, aside from that no Republican gives a **** and would legalize all the illegal labor they can - or just keep it under the table and unenforced as is the present situation.

Anyone who remembers Ronald Reagan should remember what a ****ing disaster that was. Now that timebomb has finally detonated, and it's about damn time.

I for one welcome our new Democratic overlords.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Speaking of Reagan, his own son refuses to be identified as a Republican. Do you realize how fast that guy could the nod? I'm pretty sure he could use every second of his debate time just listing things on his grocery list and occasionally remind people that Ronald Reagan was his father and he would probably get like 80% of Republicans to vote for him.

This is why the party is so messed up. They have absolutely no idea how to get out of their own way to succeed.

Veteran
    @noobium fine Trump might be lying to me but Obama lied also to get my vote. Hilary Clinton doesn't even have the decency to lie about putting Americans back to work. She says the opposite actually. She says things like I will put cool miners out of work. Insure EPA regulations are so strict no factory can stay in country. So sure Trump might be a blow hard that is lying to me. But I would rather take the chance that he is telling the truth over a woman who promises to destroy our state further.

Forum Fanatic
    It's not just that Trump will lie (he is lying, quite blatantly, about everything he promises), it's that he doesn't even present a plan besides "we're going to Make America Great Again!" and "I'm a bigly businessman". I said it upthread, Trump and Rick Snyder ran with a similar background - outsider businessman who promises solutions that will fix all of our problems - and as soon as he got the governorship, he walked back any campaign promise that would have helped the middle class and small businesses, and went for every pro-corporate policy he could think of.

Oh and Michigan has some of the most dictatorial laws in the state, with its Emeregency Manager bull**** (which is now written so that it literally CANNOT be repealed by popular demand, because people got so sick of the bull**** EM law that it was repealed by popular vote). This is a law which by the way is completely unconstitutional and has been designed as a way to conduct class warfare on poor communities. Hence, you get stupid decisions like the one that poisoned Flint's water - a situation which has still not been resolved by the way.

Our Republicans are some of those most odious people the party has to offer, with basically zero political talent among them - even by the low bar of the GOP. Unfortunately our Democrats are pretty awful too. Michiganians just seem to love making themselves suffer, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by handofthrawn View Post
    Here is why people like me love Trump. Our country is broke, and I understand if you live in certain areas you don't know this. I live in Michigan where through Bill Clintons nafta and more recent pacific trade agreement supported by Hilary Clinton as destroyed our state. We have massive unemployed and people on welfare. Entire communities are ghost towns with no hope of a future. That is what people like Hilary Clinton, Obama and Bill Clinton did for us. Now I hate Bush just as much as the other three I named. So who is the only candidate talking about bringing jobs back? Trump. Who is the only one saying stop illegal immigrants from stealing our jobs and in many ways our welfare money. Trump. I dont mind helping the world as a American but we should take care of our own first. Not with free handouts but with jobs and a sense of worth. Also I am a vet and our treatment is outrageous. Such as a illegal immigrant can get 100% free healthcare at any hospital. But I have to drive 45 min to recieve free medical care for the injures I sustained in the military. If it isn't military related I have to have private insurance or pay out of pocket. Moral of the story if we can't afford to take care of are vets why are we taking care of refugees and illegal immigrants. Take care of our own and then worry about the rest of the world.
    Talk is cheap, he has no actual viable plan to do any of that. They are just empty soundbites.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Yea but they're great soundbites. Believe me. I've heard other soundbites. These are much better.

Here is why people like me love Trump. Our country is broke...
    This is not as reasonable as you think. Consider these statements: "My wife's car is broke. The brake light does not work. That is why I need to piss in the motor oil.". "My toilet is broke. It frequently runs and wastes water. Therefore I need to flush a inflated ball". These are two examples of problems I have to go face today. And two examples of actions which would not improve my life. There really are problems in the United States. Voting for Trump will not improve quality of life.

Also I am a vet and our treatment is outrageous. Such as a illegal immigrant can get 100% free healthcare at any hospital. But I have to drive 45 min to recieve free medical care for the injures I sustained in the military. If it isn't military related I have to have private insurance or pay out of pocket. Moral of the story if we can't afford to take care of are vets why are we taking care of refugees and illegal immigrants. Take care of our own and then worry about the rest of the world.
    Seriously? You can go to absolutely any medical provider and get any treatment that an illegal immigrant gets. Granted society does have a debt to veterans that it does not have to illegal immigrants. However, the fact is that illegal immigrants are going to face all of the out of pocket expenses that you do. You have the veterans affairs option and they do not. If you do not believe me you can walk into a hospital and tell them that you have no documents. Pick a probable ancestry (or Canadian if you do not know) and tell them you just got here and your passport was stolen along with your money. If illegal immigrants really received free sponge bath service from scantily clad nurses then so would you.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by pathetic sheep View Post
    This is not as reasonable as you think. Consider these statements: "My wife's car is broke. The brake light does not work. That is why I need to piss in the motor oil.". "My toilet is broke. It frequently runs and wastes water. Therefore I need to flush a inflated ball". These are two examples of problems I have to go face today. And two examples of actions which would not improve my life. There really are problems in the United States. Voting for Trump will not improve quality of life.

Seriously? You can go to absolutely any medical provider and get any treatment that an illegal immigrant gets. Granted society does have a debt to veterans that it does not have to illegal immigrants. However, the fact is that illegal immigrants are going to face all of the out of pocket expenses that you do. You have the veterans affairs option and they do not. If you do not believe me you can walk into a hospital and tell them that you have no documents. Pick a probable ancestry (or Canadian if you do not know) and tell them you just got here and your passport was stolen along with your money. If illegal immigrants really received free sponge bath service from scantily clad nurses then so would you.
    Where 20 trillion in debt!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Obama alone added 13 trillion. Soon we won't even be able to afford the intrest on the loans. Once the USA defaults on the loans our currency becomes worthless. Plus what's our other choice crooked Hilary? She has absolutely no new ideas or plans to fix anything. She will just finish bleeding us dry. I mean name me one idea she has or plan she has besides putting more Americans out of work and making elelectric more expensive.

Hospitals are not allowed to turn people away. Yes illegal immigrants will get sent a bill. But wait send it where they have no ID, legal address or any way to garnish there wages. Not to mention most use a different name every time. So hence it's free.
    Last edited by handofthrawn; 09-05-2016 at 22:55.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Talk is cheap, he has no actual viable plan to do any of that. They are just empty soundbites.
    Trump has laid out a step by step plan on how he will accomplish everything he has promised. What has Hilary Clinton said new that could fix anything? Actually I will go one step further what has she ever done that was good for the USA.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Hospitals are not allowed to turn people away. Yes illegal immigrants will get sent a bill. But wait send it where they have no ID, legal address or any way to garnish there wages. Not to mention most use a different name every time. So hence it's free.
    This is only for emergency stuff though, and also only at public hospitals. I realize the costs of this are still very large, but it's not that they're getting "medical care" as much as they're getting "immediate death prevention" which is just generally a humane thing to do.

... Once the USA defaults on the loans our currency becomes worthless...
    That is an excellent point. http://www.rawstory.com/2016/05/econ...mps-debt-plan/
    http://www.cnbc.com/2016/05/06/donal...cept-less.html
    Trump is the only candidate planning to default.

Also check his budget. The budget is the long term thingy that creates debt.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...76b_story.html
    Trump — alone among Republican candidates — insists that he will leave entitlement spending untouched, although it consumes more than two-thirds of the federal budget.
    http://taxfoundation.org/article/det...ump-s-tax-plan
    ...the plan would end up reducing tax revenues by $10.14 trillion over the next decade when accounting for economic growth...
    FYI taxfoundation is conservative pro-business group.

Basically Trump says he will make all of Obama's financial mistakes. In addition he will piss off our allies and trading partners. He will undermine the dollar. And he will forcibly remove 13 million people from their homes in the United States.

Trump is pro-torture. Trump suggested giving away nuclear weapon production technology to Korea and Arabia. Neither will have any measurable short term effect on the economy. But either is a very good reason to vote for anyone else.
    Last edited by pathetic sheep; 10-05-2016 at 05:57.

Trump has laid out a step by step plan on how he will accomplish everything he has promised. What has Hilary Clinton said new that could fix anything? Actually I will go one step further what has she ever done that was good for the USA.
    I said viable.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thread Information