Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheister vs Sampuan

Needs to get out more
    I've seen Tadpole pull off some impressive wins. There's a difference between a strategic thinker and a logistical. We can have a blend of both for an ideal situation.

One of your clues is Tadpoles artistic prowess. This type of thinker is the difference maker. I'm not sure how Tadepole was logistically, but I'd assume less so since those responsibilities fell to others as I understand.

Certain things become abundantly clear once you get a chance to experience them firsthand. I enjoy seeing their strategy evolve as we go along. Anticipating the next move is the hard part.

My side interest is in how things are executed. The Virtual Kingdom I set each age has it's strategic base in the interaction of the strengths of each race and personality. To mobilize these capabilities in an undulating miasma of logistical redundancy and tactical execution. - I just said that because it sounded cool.

Fun and a second wind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Postaholic
    Listen to Korp. While having fun surely is the point of the game, it is designed to provide that through competing (ie winning). To divert away from that path is playing the game in ways it was not intended - you might be having fun, but you ruin the game for others; thus it's disrespectful. Not "illegal" mind you, but disrespectful and potentially harmful for the game. Say everyone dragged wars to 50% auto win - the lowered game phase (in an already slow game) would surely divert even more players away from playing.

Comparisons to other games is never seamless, and often problematic, but think of other online games. Dragged out moves in turn based games will eventually result in you being auto-kicked from the game for inactivity (you might enjoy it, but since others don't, there's mechanisms in play to prevent it).

In utopia its harder to put automated mechanisms in place (there is the 50% auto win, but beyond that the code can't really judge when a war is lost or not). Instead it's up to the good judgement of the players. That is, if we care about people enjoying the game on a larger scale :)
    Last edited by Tadpole; 23-02-2016 at 23:28.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Winning is the goal of any game.
    That's really not true.

The best selling PC game of all time doesn't have a win condition

Quote Originally Posted by Meep View Post
    That's really not true.

The best selling PC game of all time doesn't have a win condition
    Thats cause Minecraft is more of a sandbox than actual game.

As a general statment what I said is true.

Postaholic

Curiously enough utopia is developing into the direction of a sandbox game. I think that's problematic though, thus my stance on dragging war.

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    I'm not sure how Tadepole was logistically, but I'd assume less so since those responsibilities fell to others as I understand.
    Logistic insight is required when building kingdoms from scratch, when as a monarch you need to know and do it all. And I've built a few kingdoms. It's not, however, my strongest suit or what I enjoy the most - so easily surrendered to more capable people once you have the human resources. Case in point; I build a strong and solid province. But I don't enjoy it much, and would rather be a 26th prov monarch.
    Last edited by Tadpole; 24-02-2016 at 01:07.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums

Utopia is as lacking an objective as Minecraft is. You decide what you want to accomplish and then you try to accomplish it.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadpole View Post
    Curiously enough utopia is developing into the direction of a sandbox game. I think that's problematic though, thus my stance on dragging war.

Logistic insight is required when building kingdoms from scratch, when as a monarch you need to know and do it all. And I've built a few kingdoms. It's not, however, my strongest suit or what I enjoy the most - so easily surrendered to more capable people once you have the human resources. Case in point; I build a strong and solid province. But I don't enjoy it much, and would rather be a 26th prov monarch.
    I agree with you're statement insofar as dragging war. It's not that I don't believe in them, it's as you point out, it strains the player base. Strategically I can agree with FS and kingdoms that've been great in long wars. It'd be nice if we could break these wars down into regional segments to spare the uninitiated.

My comment regarding your logistical prowess is simply endorsing the natural phsyche most of us fall under. I myself am a mess logistically/ mathematically but aware strategically and artistically. I'm a hard case though. I've never had a sitter capable of running one of my provinces that I built. If it's design by committee then they seem to be able to manage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Veteran
    Lets be real here people, they aren't even in dragon range for the past 4 days. When that happens in these forums there are calls for fake warring and farming out and whatever other filth we all enjoy here together. When two kingdoms fight and they aren't in dragon range, that's a ghetto stomp, or a gang bang, or an AWAR. No, no, what we have here is:

Post Fiend
    You're not as far ahead as you seem to insist - since land + buildings = 55 NW/acre, FS are actually ahead when it comes to useful networth. (This is a overly simplistic calculation, since most of the acres are likely to be barren, which is its own problem) It's quite clear that not much of the additional land is not being put towards additional peasants (or troops), or else your networth would otherwise be much further ahead.

On the other hand, at any point in time when FS tries to grow, they'll lose the op superiority that's obviously sustaining them right now, since the acre disadvantage is artificially doubling their WPA, TPA and BPA.

It's still Pyro's war to lose of course, but I think some proof that you can take it into the end-zone is warranted. I would've imagined that this is where your dwarves and elf need to prove their worth.

Forum Fanatic
    i saw faartstyle winning last time i checked, puked a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Utopia is as lacking an objective as Minecraft is. You decide what you want to accomplish and then you try to accomplish it.
    Yea, it's not like there is any charts at all. Also it's not like one of the most favourite things to do in Utopia is warring bug I guess people don't aim to win..

Enthusiast
    Next to get a dragon out should win I think.

Race is on.
    BLUE your my boy!

In my next life, I wish to be Miley Cyrus middle finger.
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

Just seen screenshot, while FS is clearly low on acres, they have in no way lost yet, if all their T/Ms are UBs, can see 2 of them losing a bit of NWPA but all Pyros are looking pretty hurt.

The NW inflated by the acres, will be hard to change as Pyro seems to outhit, so its a question of who can keep the off going the longest. - Looks to be a great war.
    War is what happens when language fails.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Yea, it's not like there is any charts at all. Also it's not like one of the most favourite things to do in Utopia is warring bug I guess people don't aim to win..
    Ok, How do you win utopia?

Thread Information