Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Taking intel into EOWCF?

Regular
    Ha, this is interesting. I actually checked these forums to see if there was a consensus on whether or not intel gathering during the EoWCF is socially acceptable, and not only is there a thread on it, it concerns my own kingdom.

Full disclosure;
    The Province of I The Hand Grenade (Ghetto Nightmare)
    Ruler Name: Noble Lady Calya the Blessed

Personally I agree with Odin, I think that given that a kingdom is still in war during the EoWCF, appearing in their news is a cowardly thing to do. Evidently that's not a popular opinion, and if the man who appears to look after the game now (Bishop) specifically says it's OK, then I guess that's decided from a "legitimacy" position. Oh well. I can still find it to be a ****ty thing to do. I just can't claim the majority agree with me, judging by the looks of things.

I was also unaware we/Ghetto Nightmare had a (bad) reputation. I'm almost certainly biassed because I play there, but I'm not aware of any particularly egregious bad behaviour on our part. Can I ask you (Palem and meep) where the "Nightmare are unfriendly" and "Nightmare are bad at warring" comes from? I don't remember any recent interactions with any kingdom where there was a bad taste left and while we're absolutely miles from SKD territory, we generally win wars.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Calya View Post
    I was also unaware we/Ghetto Nightmare had a (bad) reputation. I'm almost certainly biassed because I play there, but I'm not aware of any particularly egregious bad behaviour on our part. Can I ask you (Palem and meep) where the "Nightmare are unfriendly" and "Nightmare are bad at warring" comes from? I don't remember any recent interactions with any kingdom where there was a bad taste left and while we're absolutely miles from SKD territory, we generally win wars.
    It wasn't any one big particular thing, just multiple ages of trying to diplo with you guys and eventually you get the picture that you're in a teeth-pulling session and on more than 1 occasion I've felt it had gotten to the point of the only way of getting you out of our hair was to out grow you and "bully the bullies around" a little bit (not that you were "bullying", just using the expression lol).

tldr: I've found you to be a very stubborn kingdom that's not interested in extending any niceties.

Could just be my experience though

Post Fiend
    Ha, this is interesting. I actually checked these forums to see if there was a consensus on whether or not intel gathering during the EoWCF is socially acceptable, and not only is there a thread on it, it concerns my own kingdom.

Full disclosure;
    The Province of I The Hand Grenade (Ghetto Nightmare)
    Ruler Name: Noble Lady Calya the Blessed

Personally I agree with Odin, I think that given that a kingdom is still in war during the EoWCF, appearing in their news is a cowardly thing to do. Evidently that's not a popular opinion, and if the man who appears to look after the game now (Bishop) specifically says it's OK, then I guess that's decided from a "legitimacy" position. Oh well. I can still find it to be a ****ty thing to do. I just can't claim the majority agree with me, judging by the looks of things.

Getting pissy about people taking your intel will just give you a worse reputation. So will saying things like 'cowardly to appear in news'.

It sounds like you take yourself way too seriously, and I hope people appear on your news feed just to troll you.

Quote Originally Posted by FATstrat View Post
    Getting pissy about people taking your intel will just give you a worse reputation. So will saying things like 'cowardly to appear in news'.

It sounds like you take yourself way too seriously, and I hope people appear on your news feed just to troll you.
    Strong this.
    t h e H E R E T I C S

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    It wasn't any one big particular thing, just multiple ages of trying to diplo with you guys and eventually you get the picture that you're in a teeth-pulling session and on more than 1 occasion I've felt it had gotten to the point of the only way of getting you out of our hair was to out grow you and "bully the bullies around" a little bit (not that you were "bullying", just using the expression lol).

tldr: I've found you to be a very stubborn kingdom that's not interested in extending any niceties.

Did you just tl;dr one sentence with one sentence?
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    TO be fair it was one long sentences.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums

Regular

Fair enough- I don't have any idea really what those who interact with other kingdoms (Monarch/Steward) behave like in diplomatic matters outside of the war forums. Especially not from the "other side" of the fence. It's a pity that it's negative, but thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by FATstrat View Post

When in war, yes, I will be "pissy" about outside parties getting my intel, or appearing in my news full-stop. I'm in war- I consider it cowardly.
    I can understand that given it's the EoWCF and war is technically over that intel-gathering could be considered socially acceptable, as it apparently is given the feedback on the thread, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. I consider the EoWCF to be part of the war and therefore still a one-vs-one encounter. If you want my intel, you* should, in my view, wait until I'm out of war.
    If you* choose not to, I can't stop you. But similarly you* can't stop me deciding what I'm going to label your actions.

The game evolves constantly. Maybe this is just the next stage where gathering intel has a more unique status as non-invasive/harmless during EoWCF. Maybe in a few weeks I'll be checking kingdoms in war to see when they're due to finish so I can steal their cash and science. But for the moment I'm ok with being out of step with most on gathering intel in EoWCF.

Can you explain the "taking it too seriously" part please?. I'm voicing an opinion. I'm sticking with my own while acknowledging that I could easily be wrong. I'm doing so in a fairly boring/polite tone. Utopia has a social ecosystem of its own and clearly I misread the collective viewpoint on one of its aspects. It looks like a lot of people do gather intel during EoWCF. And I just said that I consider this cowardly. So maybe that's annoyed people. That's ok, we don't all have to agree- Life would get extremely boring. But I don't really understand how that means I'm taking things too seriously.

* = "You" in the general sense, not specifically you "FATstrat"

Where do you find these Swift .gifs? You have one for like every situation. Your googleing skills are impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    @BoH - I thought you were my Selena? Not my Kanye :(

@Canna - I know places ;)

Postaholic
    Maybe this is just the next stage where gathering intel has a more unique status as non-invasive/harmless during EoWCF.[/SIZE]
    Intel being considered non-invasive is not really a "new" thing.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Needs to get out more
    I'm still impressed with the articulate baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by CannaWhoopazz View Post
    Where do you find these Swift .gifs? You have one for like every situation. Your googleing skills are impressive.
    Google isn't hard. Granted I remember freshmen year of college it was actually part of my english class because the internet was so new to oldies. You can just type what you want and add gif look in images and find what you want first page. Knowing what to look for is the key.

@BoH - I thought you were my Selena? Not my Kanye :(

@Canna - I know places ;)
    If you're giving me the finger I'm probably your Katy Perry tbh. But then again Selene played Katy in BB sooo... Kanye just seemed easier because F Kanye

Post Fiend
    Can you explain the "taking it too seriously" part please?. I'm voicing an opinion. I'm sticking with my own while acknowledging that I could easily be wrong. I'm doing so in a fairly boring/polite tone. Utopia has a social ecosystem of its own and clearly I misread the collective viewpoint on one of its aspects. It looks like a lot of people do gather intel during EoWCF. And I just said that I consider this cowardly. So maybe that's annoyed people. That's ok, we don't all have to agree- Life would get extremely boring. But I don't really understand how that means I'm taking things too seriously.

* = "You" in the general sense, not specifically you "FATstrat"
    Ok so i've used this analogy before with intel. Let's pretend your province is Taylor Swifts, you are Swiftys boyfriend, and your relationship is the war stance. I get some intel on that Taylor's ass, by taking a quick and harmless look, and you catch me in the act. Now you can either be chilled and not care or you can be offended and pissy. IMO the latter reaction is taking yourself too seriously - you would think Taylors boyf was an asshole if he punched you for checking her out - and even if he gets angry he would look stupid for wasting his time. You can't stop people looking at the ass and you don't lose a certain % of ass per stare ... so why let it bother you?

Kanye just seemed easier because F Kanye
    Kanye the most creative artist of the last 10 years easily. Don't you dare F him.
    Last edited by FATstrat; 20-02-2016 at 23:35.

Thread Information