Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Taking intel into EOWCF?

Haha FATstrat that is a nice 'Anal'ogy but well done Sir!

Who the hell is this Kayne West girl? is she hot?
    War is what happens when language fails.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by FATstrat View Post
    Kanye the most creative artist of the last 10 years easily. Don't you dare F him.
    Just because he's in debt, that doesn't qualify him as a "creative artist"

Regular
    Ok so i've used this analogy before with intel. Let's pretend your province is Taylor Swifts, you are Swiftys boyfriend, and your relationship is the war stance. I get some intel on that Taylor's ass, by taking a quick and harmless look, and you catch me in the act. Now you can either be chilled and not care or you can be offended and pissy. IMO the latter reaction is taking yourself too seriously - you would think Taylors boyf was an asshole if he punched you for checking her out - and even if he gets angry he would look stupid for wasting his time. You can't stop people looking at the ass and you don't lose a certain % of ass per stare ... so why let it bother you?
    It bothers me because I dislike any outside attention when I'm in war. As I say, I include the EoWCF as part of the war- That seems to be where the difference in opinion might lie. I can see the point though behind saying that it's not part of the war (nobody is hitting/op'ing one another). I also don't like that it's difficult (not impossible, obviously) to know when a failed op is an attempt to do damage, and when it's simply gathering intel).
    On the other hand, it might be a way to decide who to war next if given provinces start appearing in your news.

I found it slightly difficult to parse your analogy (my fault, not yours, I've stopped listening to most pop- a lá Taylor and Kanye, except for in nightclubs). You did remind me though that Kanye has a new album and I listened to some of the songs. When listening to "I Miss The Real Kanye" I snorted my tea through my nose.
    I hold you directly responsible. But also, thanks.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Just because he's in debt, that doesn't qualify him as a "creative artist"

Unique and diverse albums such as Graduation, MBDTF, Yeezus and TLOP as well as collaborations on Watch the throne and GOOD summer qualify him for not only the most creative artist in a decade but also one of the best hip-hop artists and producers of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Calya View Post
    It bothers me because I dislike any outside attention when I'm in war
    Yeh and I dislike it when some weasel stares at my girls ass, but what can I do about it? Some things are just not worth caring about - better to just take it as a compliment and be happy.
    Last edited by FATstrat; 21-02-2016 at 00:44.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Unique and diverse albums such as Graduation, MBDTF, Yeezus and TLOP as well as collaborations on Watch the throne and GOOD summer qualify him for not only the most creative artist in a decade but also one of the best hip-hop artists and producers of all time.

Veteran
    Wait... Kanye admitted himself that Beyonce was better..... Don't be a propagandist when your own icon admits he sucks.

Yeh and I dislike it when some weasel stares at my girls ass, but what can I do about it? Some things are just not worth caring about - better to just take it as a compliment and be happy.
    I miss the old Kanye, straight from the 'Go Kanye
    Chop up the soul Kanye, set on his goals Kanye
    I hate the new Kanye, the bad mood Kanye
    The always rude Kanye, spaz in the news Kanye
    I miss the sweet Kanye, chop up the beats Kanye
    I gotta to say, at that time I'd like to meet Kanye
    See I invented Kanye, it wasn't any Kanyes
    And now I look and look around and there's so many Kanyes
    I used to love Kanye, I used to love Kanye
    I even had the pink Polo, I thought I was Kanye
    What if Kanye made a song, about Kanye?
    Called "I Miss The Old Kanye," man that would be so Kanye
    That's all it was Kanye, we still love Kanye
    And I love you like Kanye loves Kanye

Kanye jumped the shark 7 years ago. He recently said there shouldn't be a "throne" of rap because each person has their own area they dominate, which was conveniently right after Kendrick killed the grammys. Kanye wants to be like Jay and Puff, but he lost his fire too early.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Post Fiend
    Kendrick is a better rapper than kanye and in terms of discography kendrick is hot on kanyes heels. However Kanye is a better producer and has consistently taken massive risks that have paid off with groundbreaking albums. Section 80 and gkmc were classics for Kendrick. TPaB was a little worse but still good. Kanye has atleast 4 instant-classics, and 3 albums that are arguably almost as good.

If you just take hip-hop for the music and not the personalities Kanye is at the top right now, with Kendrick in second. Their careers are actually very similiar - both entering the game with completely fresh styles - first two albums (Inc section 80) 10/10, 3rd albums 8/10....

If kendricks next album is a good as gkmc then maybe he can be considered on the same level as Ye
    Last edited by FATstrat; 21-02-2016 at 02:19.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    However Kanye is a better producer and has consistently taken massive risks that have paid off with groundbreaking albums.
    I want you to know that Rick Rubin is laughing his way to the bank.

Kendrick is a better rapper than kanye and in terms of discography kendrick is hot on kanyes heels. However Kanye is a better producer and has consistently taken massive risks that have paid off with groundbreaking albums. Section 80 and gkmc were classics for Kendrick. TPaB was a little worse but still good. Kanye has atleast 4 instant-classics, and 3 albums that are arguably almost as good.

If you just take hip-hop for the music and not the personalities Kanye is at the top right now, with Kendrick in second. Their careers are actually very similiar - both entering the game with completely fresh styles - first two albums (Inc section 80) 10/10, 3rd albums 8/10....

If kendricks next album is a good as gkmc then maybe he can be considered on the same level as Ye
    Kayne hasn't put out something great in 9 years, he's past his prime and doesn't deserve the praise you give him for current Ye. If we're going that far back I'd put Jay and Puff so far ahead of him it's not even comparable. And we're still only talking rap, when it comes to music in general he can't compete with the music that is targeted at the masses.

Post Fiend
    http://pitchfork.com/features/staff-...f-2010-2014/5/

Pitchfork has 2 of kanyes albums in the top 10 from 2010-2014, MBDTF topping that list. I actually think frank ocean's channel orange should be number 1 but pitchfork reviews are pretty well respected.

Kanye appeals to enough people to get on this list, but of course music is personal taste, so I guess you just don't like his style.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Calya View Post
    Personally I agree with Odin, I think that given that a kingdom is still in war during the EoWCF, appearing in their news is a cowardly thing to do. Evidently that's not a popular opinion, and if the man who appears to look after the game now (Bishop) specifically says it's OK, then I guess that's decided from a "legitimacy" position. Oh well. I can still find it to be a ****ty thing to do. I just can't claim the majority agree with me, judging by the looks of things.
    IMO Intel is quite acceptable, Utopia is a tight knit community and some like to watch wars as they progress. Intel gathering is normal, and fine in both war and eowcf. Hostile ops are bad form and at least for my kingdom subject to retaliation depending on the nature and severity. I guess I just don't understand why someone having a peek would be so upsetting, it happens all the time and if someone wants to watch our war, heh, more power to them.

http://pitchfork.com/features/staff-...f-2010-2014/5/

Pitchfork has 2 of kanyes albums in the top 10 from 2010-2014, MBDTF topping that list. I actually think frank ocean's channel orange should be number 1 but pitchfork reviews are pretty well respected.

Kanye appeals to enough people to get on this list, but of course music is personal taste, so I guess you just don't like his style.
    I like his style, and just as he said himself, "I miss the old Kanye." But you're right it is all taste. But he doesn't have the success to be called the greatest of the last 10 years or whatever you had said previously that started this discussion. In that time Katy Perry passed Michael Jackson with 6 number one's off a record, Taylor on pace to break that. Tay making 80 million a year setting stupid music records in an age where people don't buy music. There is a reason Kanye is $53 million in personal debt, maybe this debt can bring back the "Chop up the soul Kayne." Here's hoping.

Wtf guys, get on topic :/
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Wtf guys, get on topic :/
    Apologies
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...6#post15369256

Thread Information