Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Land Lust

Post Fiend

Land Lust

Have they secretly changed the way land lust success is calculated?

i was chained to 100 acres... had 1500 wizards and 100% science bonus for being that low...

failed 13 of 17 casts of land lusts on a person who had grown from 1,000 acres to 1900 acres after a few waves so im guessing his WPA was a LOT less than mine...

Guys in my kingdom saying the same kinda stuff ive been. Anyone else notice this? or is this just a numerical phenom thats we were unlucky with

One of the undead/mystics we had was saying the same thing after being chained where he was failing land lust left and right
    Last edited by RollinHammer; 24-02-2016 at 15:29. Reason: after thought

Post Fiend
    Maybe the NW difference was too much?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RollinHammer View Post
    Have they secretly changed the way land lust success is calculated?

i was chained to 100 acres... had 1500 wizards and 100% science bonus for being that low...

failed 13 of 17 casts of land lusts on a person who had grown from 1,000 acres to 1900 acres after a few waves so im guessing his WPA was a LOT less than mine...

Guys in my kingdom saying the same kinda stuff ive been. Anyone else notice this? or is this just a numerical phenom thats we were unlucky with

One of the undead/mystics we had was saying the same thing after being chained where he was failing land lust left and right

Like the other guy said, NW difference effect the success chance, so try someone closer to your NW.

Quote Originally Posted by RollinHammer View Post
    so im guessing his WPA was a LOT less than mine...
    Sounds like a bad guess given the results. All changes are documented, ll is unchanged for years.
    Last edited by Bishop; 24-02-2016 at 16:41.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Demon
    Also acres for wpa/tpa calculations are capped at 300 to avoid ridiculous scenarios with chained provs. So you actually only had 1500/300*2= 10 mwpa. Respectable, but typically inadequate to compensate for huge rnw difference on max difficulty spell like ll.

Postaholic
    I think it's hysterical when one of my undead tacts released all of his wizards after being chained (don't ask :( ), and yet he can now cast double length spells as me with .33 wpa raw. That is just not right. :p

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthira View Post
    I think it's hysterical when one of my undead tacts released all of his wizards after being chained (don't ask :( ), and yet he can now cast double length spells as me with .33 wpa raw. That is just not right. :p
    spell length is a factor of guild % not wpa

Postaholic
    Still not right. I had more guilds, by a lot. ;)

ETA: I had 17% and he had 7%.

I may have just had bad luck via random factor, and he good luck. Or is spell length absolute?
    Last edited by Panthira; 25-02-2016 at 01:30.

Veteran
    I thought that rnw impacted gains but not success. So you would get 0 or 1 hits with wpa superiority at big nw disparity.

Post Demon
    Rnw impacts both succes and to some extent gains.
    Duration spells are greatly impacted, % based spells are impacted less (ie fbs) or not at all (ie ll's).

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by citadela01 View Post
    Rnw impacts both succes and to some extent gains.
    Duration spells are greatly impacted, % based spells are impacted less (ie fbs) or not at all (ie ll's).
    i believe ll gains are also affected by rnw..

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by LoRD_SaMPuaN View Post
    i believe ll gains are also affected by rnw..
    This.

Post Demon
    I dont have spreadsheet to throw out there, but i do know i was hitting as high as 1% ll's as chained attacker on shells with several times higher nw than mine.

If indeed it is affected its fb lvl impact, aka very minor.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by citadela01 View Post
    I dont have spreadsheet to throw out there, but i do know i was hitting as high as 1% ll's as chained attacker on shells with several times higher nw than mine.

If indeed it is affected its fb lvl impact, aka very minor.
    I'm with citadela here... I was under the assumption rnw only affected success rate. Or what citadela says, rnw is a very minor factor. Are you sure Palem?

RNW has a great impact on success (difficulty) though, making LLing upwards on shelled provinces quite tricky in many situations.

Edit: Guess it could be that part of gains/damage formula is effected by rnw and not the other (like fb). And possibly that the cap is unaffected. LL is so random that I could have missed it (never extensively studied LL gains. Nor have I LLed in ages...). Would also account for citadelas 1% gains while still making Sampuans/Palems statement true...
    Last edited by Tadpole; 25-02-2016 at 15:56.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Nothing affects LL gains.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thread Information