Thread: Interface suggestions for next age

Interface suggestions for next age

Hey all, recently came back to the game after a multi-year hiatus and wanted to commend Bishop et al. for a lot of great changes. In particular, I really like the espionage page - it makes coordination a lot easier and improves war activities substantially. I was wondering if it would be possible to extend that functionality to our own kingdom? If I'm going to cast MV on my own guys to protect them during war, it would be awesome to know who has what spells and for what duration. Likewise, could there be a way to "spy on mystics" so that it's possible to know what spells are currently running on a province? One of the downsides of the current espionage page is that a province can clear their meteors with an MV, but we think they still have 10 more hours running and nobody renews the spell until then.

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

Intra MV/ops have a serious downside in war. They are affected two fold by the war protection since you are both oping out of one war and into another.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

I like to post
    Atma. take sot before ans after tick and see if troop count drops. if it does, ur target will still have MS.

Needs to get out more
    See. Somebody else thinks the game is cool sans bot. We got chat, we got espionage. It's like an amp with reverb and tremolo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

The chat is the most useless thing I've ever used for online communication. The only thing I like about it is that those retards, Brian & Sean, actually put time into developing it. Of course on the other hand, it fills me with sadness knowing that the idiots who came up with it are also the stewards of Utopia.

Espionage page is useful but it really is something that could have been released in 1998 with the beta. Bots are far superior in all respects.

Needs to get out more
    I'm still a pimp guy. I've used the popular bots. Essentially they complexify what I see on the kingdom page. Goofy avatars in pimp make spot checking ops a breeze. Upoopo you have to learn the color of the straws. Pimp also has enemy armies out at a glance, which I also like.

For me it's visibility and recognition at a glance, but I'm dominant right brain. Thus, I expect the numerical gauntlet bots to be the most popular. I appreciate what so many others like but I'd like to see an avatar option for us intuitives.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Atma...the UGT'er?

You mean HOer

I like to post
    I'm still a pimp guy. I've used the popular bots. Essentially they complexify what I see on the kingdom page. Goofy avatars in pimp make spot checking ops a breeze. Upoopo you have to learn the color of the straws. Pimp also has enemy armies out at a glance, which I also like.

For me it's visibility and recognition at a glance, but I'm dominant right brain. Thus, I expect the numerical gauntlet bots to be the most popular. I appreciate what so many others like but I'd like to see an avatar option for us intuitives.
    Agreed strato. We have taken up munkbot but I still only know like 2 commands. The only thing I use it for is to see when armies are home. The reason I switched to it from upo is because the plugin seems easier to use thus intel is updated more often. I still send my orders through mass message and monarch message. I like to keep my KD in constant confusion as to what's next, because that's the only way I can keep them sharp! People know that the "real" information is being disseminated on our impractical LINE chat system, so they're forced to keep up or get lost. The reason we use LINE is because it has nice stickers (see below) We have a chain of authority concerning information (what overrules what).

1. LINE private message
    2. LINE specific groups (rogues/mystics/attacker chats)
    3. LINE main chat
    4. Private message in-game
    5. Mass message in-game
    6. Monarch message
    7. Forum post

At times there might be 2 or even 3 conflicting orders, and then it's up to my players to find out wassup!

If you do something and I respond with top right, it means that I'm proud of your achievement.
    Top left is usually reserved for pump times.
    Top second from the right is what my players use to calm me down when I throw a fit, it puts things into perspective!

This game introduced me to the world of emoticons and WhatsApp and I have to say it's quite insightful. While I might have mastered many aspects of the game itself, emoticons are another beast entirely.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

I like to post
    Emoticons are a good way to express sentiment while at the same time defusing the situation. People know it's serious, yet don't feel very much offended. It combines the serious and the cabaret!

Needs to get out more
    I like it: The emoticons. Once past 40 we like to watch Hallmark Channel and see cute things that make us go "oooh".

Another thing I like(d) about pimp was seeing the op/sabotage rundown on the page that time relevant information was posted. It was ideal navigation to my way of thinking. Roll screen to see ops instead of screen jumping. In short, pimp (is) was superior in it's legibility to my twisted frame of mind.

Since pimp is out of vogue I've chosen to play by perception. Looking over op/sabotage balance in war on the popular bots is distracting to me. Thus I go by feel. If I'm experiences enemy ops that appear to be unopposed I know my kingdom is doing poorly. Additionally with the advent of external chats I've found myself alone in grave circumstance. In a way I feel this helps me be a better player because I can't depend on others.

I've noticed it's not information overload that I see in some kingdom leadership, it's information addiction. They can't seem to divorce themselves to the task at hand. The pursuit of efficiency occupies their narrow field of vision and they aren't watching their flanks.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 27-03-2016 at 21:07.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Thread Information