Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: FREE's 4th WAR

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    the most striking thing about our strategy is that it's so simple and straightforward, thus easy to execute thus less prone to ****-ups.
    This is good practice :) Simplicity can reveal great complexity.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadpole View Post
    This is good practice :) Simplicity can reveal great complexity.
    Oh God, that's too syrupy for me, lol.

Anyways, I couldn't really put in numbers what I'm successful doing other than results. Assuming I had a kingdom I could dump some highly valued formulas on them and say " here, these work for everybody else but I don't use them. "

I attempt to convey some of what I do, but I notice most people are wired quite differently than myself. The avian learning curve is such. I can't understand what other people can't understand about speed: It's not the quantity of attacks, it's the qualitative opportunity speed provides.

AND as soon as I mention avian, elf, dwarf, etc a bunch of guys immediately process this as "core". That's not how things are, unless you force feed the strat. So from my perspective a, one, halfling WH is just a variable. It's not 10 guys who can't do as the Lord intended. It ain't a thief. We can all agree on that.

My whole thing about critical projections is my time in places like TFC when guys go on about how they can't attack. That wasn't my experience. Makeo, topsy and some other guys that are excellent at strats appreciate each others expertise as do I. But I never ran a faery t/m with conviction and just built what I knew. Looked like crap, but I was prepared to lock horns with bottom feeders and proved the build in war at core level. I got to be the biggest in the kingdom and the bottom feeders were very few after they took intel. Whoops, I can hit you, lol.

Same last age with the elf cleric. Retaliating bottom feeders is my challenge idiom in motion.

Now, I always have to do this: I refer to me because I'm doing it. What I'm trying to intuitively convey is that if I can do it, and I'm mathematically inept, then hopeful catywompus kingdom planners have hope. It's not a bragathon.

As far as Spartas strategy, I do appreciate it. If it matters, I was never consulted on how to deal with Sparta or any other kingdom. That shouldn't be surprising since Pyro are crown holders. You may be able to tell when I break ranks with ordered strategy. It's when I got a reaction. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    Oh God, that's too syrupy for me, lol.
    Been trying a low carbs diet.

Also, seen many a kingdom tie themselves into knots attempting too complex maneuvers. Granted, it's often on what you'd call the logistical level StratO. Strategically nothing is more complex than where your knowledge/experience cap out.
    Last edited by Tadpole; 14-03-2016 at 19:52.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Regular
    I think there are a lot of different ways to win a war. I think most people put way to much emphasis on which race combo's are the best but a good kingdom can win with almost endless combos of race/pers. I know we didnt even want to run humans but we wanted a change from elf this age. We thought elf was a good race but people were getting bored of it - we have 0 elfs now this age. From experience I think the biggest things to winning wars is to have a reliable leadership and the ability to execute their plan. Team work is always #1.

Thread Information