Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What raw tpa+wpa for T/M? How much is 'too much'?

Post Fiend

What raw tpa+wpa for T/M? How much is 'too much'?

I'm curious what warring kingdoms like to have at their disposal and what is considered an acceptable success %, and what is considered 'overkill' if anything.

Myself, since there is no way of knowing if you are overdo-ing it other than failing, I would want to fail at least 1 spell/op per volley. If I don't I'd be worried about wasting population on that obsene tpa/wpa.

Is this not the case? Is it a constant defense/eco T/Ms go for and then sky's the limit for tpa+wpa?

The main reason I ask is because I have a faerie/mystic in my kingdom who is approaching 10 raw wpa, and has less than 750ppa total science... in my opinion he is strangling any chance at decent defense/tpa/eco/dragon-killing by going for an obsene wpa.

Thoughts?

Edit: kinda forgot I put 'raw' in the title, kinda irrelevant to the question but somewhat relevant to the effects on def/eco/etc.
    Last edited by Wolzly; 12-03-2016 at 05:25.

It really depends on what segment of the server you're playing on since requirements in the ghettos are drastically lower than topside. NS/FB level difficulty ops require at least ~3x the enemy mwpa/mtpa for decent success while things like propaganda and meteor showers will want ~5x mwpa/tpa. A fae/mystic would probably want 5x mwpa paired with like 4x mtpa to account for losses. Ghetto tier attackers tend to run 1-2 raw wpa/tpa for defense while top kds trend toward 4-5 raw.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Post Fiend
    Yet another thing I said attackers should have, good defense from tms. And people laughed and those same people are using my advice and calling themselves leet. You don't become elite by following instructions and that's what these kingdom have done.
    @Wolzly it seems like from what I read that player is playing a pure mage. Mages need very high wpa.

I like to post
    Blue Mass. I really want to know where you are playing, then you can send me an in-game challenge to war. The last time someone ran his mouth on the forums he was also challenged to show it in practice and he took up the challenge. You're all talk but have you achieved anything significant this age?

I can only speak for what we're running atm, which is ~9 raw wpa with ~200% magic sci on our faeries. This age all KDs run higher wpa so mystics are in a more difficult spot and have to push their limits as well.

Post Fiend
    I'm glad to see people are running higher tpas and wpas as attackers. I was running high tpa and wpa from the birth of this game. When I shared my tactics with everyone around 2008. Most scoffed. Now people use this tactics. So your playing mage good for you. You don't need to tell me what people are doing. After all I came up with the stuff they are doing. Though last age I was in a kingdom that didn't really understand my tactics and strategy and it is a shame because they had some really good, what I call, breaker-attackers; and me, I was playing a keeper-attacker (was war hero and they are built to run as keeper-attackers). You guys that come back from not playing and start running a kingdom and using strategies that get destroyed by the tactics being used now. And they don't understand why they are getting their ass whooped. The kingdom I am in we are just forming right now and we are not looking for war. We are looking to build a bond first. And I don't like setting up war. I think that way of thinking is dumb. So I would never do that. As far as the argument: oh the top level kingdoms play differently. I'm come across some great level play in random kingdoms. My whole goal when I first started teaching you all how to play the game was so one day when a so called top kingdom was looking for a win, they would pick a so call ghetto and end up being defeated because that ghetto had provinces using my strategies and tactics. And every recent age that I have been in a 'ghetto' warring kingdom looking to do make gains. We always end up fighting a kingdom that clearly should win but they won't and they don't. A kingdom won't fight you if they think they are going to lose especial if that kingdom is a so called ghetto. It just comes down to team work. Are the attackers next to you willing to do job? And in return I do what I'm suppose to do. That's team work. So I'm going to teach you guys some more with this new strategy I will be sharing at the end of age. I want you guys to play better. It isn't satisfying for me to win over a kingdom using weaker strategies. Me, I know I'm going to win, that's besides that's besides the point. This way I make the win is against an opponent that I know is prepared. Been the best, going to stay the best. That's not going to change so might as well make it fun for me.
    Last edited by Blue Mass; 13-03-2016 at 11:43.

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Mass View Post
    Dodging the questions
    So can you answer my questions? Where do you play and what significant KDs did you manage to beat this age with your superior tactics.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    So can you answer my questions? Where do you play and what significant KDs did you manage to beat this age with your superior tactics.
    That was his answer. You didn't pay attention. Hahaha!

Post Fiend
    Yeah you didn't read. I've been saying this the whole time, the kingdoms I am in normally don't find themselves in war with tops warring kingdoms. Not because of skill or anything like that. But because almost always once a 'top' warring spots my provinces they back off. These 'top' kingdom are the top not because they are the best but because they pick fights they should win.

I like to post
    These 'top' kingdom are the top not because they are the best but because they pick fights they should win.
    Yea, and why is it that they should win those fights? Oh yes, because they're better.

Post Fiend
    Attackers should strive for 3 raw wpa and tpa. A modded wpa for attacker is going to be around 5. Tpa will be different as they can have cs or wts or tds in some cases. But luckily it's easier to get higher mod tpa than wpa.

If blue mass does get banned I hope that bishop allows him to come back b4 eoa and share his strategy. :)

Post Fiend
    He only got a 24hr ban so ya, he will be back. His posts make my head hurt though, and every response legitimizing his thought-processes wear away at my faith in humanity.

Forum Fanatic
    These numbers are a lot more fluid, especially in the era of lots wpa for everyone in eowcf.

7-8 raw is pretty good for a faery/mystic.
    really depends on what you want to do with your faeries though. if you're more interested in defending against ops and exploiting bloaters, you really don't need huge wpa.

in long wars, most of your economy comes from gaining acres and making space through slay troops, and you'd be surprised how quickly offenses drop within two days of war. thief defense is important.

for a lot of the stronger war kingdoms, they're expecting their faeries to be marquis+ by the time they face tough opponents, and that often factors into what wpa they expect.

Vlahul? Is it you?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Mass View Post
    Yeah you didn't read. I've been saying this the whole time, the kingdoms I am in normally don't find themselves in war with tops warring kingdoms. Not because of skill or anything like that. But because almost always once a 'top' warring spots my provinces they back off. These 'top' kingdom are the top not because they are the best but because they pick fights they should win.
    What a boss

Enthusiast
    I tend to run 3.5, but I guess I need to revise my build to 4-5 range.
    A outerworld vagabond Elf traveling this world.
    From the world of Thardferr, herald of the Eldar Elven Kingdoms
    Elven Roles sense Age 63: Sage, Mystic, Rogue, Tactician, Cleric, Merchant, Heretic, War Hero, Warrior, Paladin, Undead, Artisan, Raider

Thread Information