<javier> we're making utopia great again
    <javier> the multis
    <javier> they have to go back
    <javier> they're raping and thieving in our ghettoes
    <javier> they have to go back
    <javier> we have to build a wall

Name: Walls
    Type: Kingdom-wide Percentage based
    Effect: For every percent of KD land dedicated to Walls, the odds of new provinces joining the kingdom decreases by 1.5%

Would also like to revisit Dark Humans.
    Last edited by Pillz; 12-03-2016 at 18:27.

though silly in execution, it'd be nice to supervise the influx of idiots into your ghetto. for instance, killing two inactives and dropping kingdom member count to 20 basically primes you for two newbies. maybe one is good but probably one is a farm so possibly your kingdom has a net gain on players, most likely not because of farmer *****es. this situation inevitably results in overwhelming the ghettoes with idiots after a time due to the current system.

if you recruit, you never notice this but if you get a batch of ****ty players, it's easy to be overwhelmed in a ghetto. the probabilities and "in practice" effects of the new player distribution runs directly against the notion of "expanding the playerbase" because new players are put into kingdoms that don't want them and will treat them badly/poorly/force them to adopt to their ways.

a good way to expand utopia (and make it great again) is to allow monarchs to decide whether to accept new players or not. willing monarchs/kingdoms will offer new players a better experience and promote growth, forcing ghettoes to deal with the trash isn't a good deal. we can do better than this, there's plenty of folks willing to train newbs so why not create an environment conducive to that?

oh, and utopia can be great again. thanks!

I've posted extensively on the topic of how to handle inactives in a ghetto.
    You ignore them and work as a team to outgrow them, so that they can not act to the detriment of your kingdom because 1) they are too small to draw attention to your core 2) they are too small to effectively inflate KD size and 3) all kingdoms have pretty much a similar problem.

That said, i think this suggestion is decent because it forces kingdoms desperate to try and stop the influx of new provinces to sacrifice a resource (some land) for this self perceived advantage over KDs that aren't concerned with the effects of new provinces or stopping them.

that'd only be a further drain on the kingdom's resources considering the impact of "kingdom networth" effects on attacks/dragon cost/etc. when leading a ghetto it's not the total resources available that effects decisions, it's the dependability/availability of those kingdom resources, whether it be total offense/peasants/whatever. it's a bad deal for ghettos, yours included. we need to make utopia great again with better deals and players and more accountability.

New provinces that don't log in a second time add like 24k nw or something stupid like that and 400 acres. 5-6 of those can sit on the page and not contribute squat to attack times or dragon costs if the rest of you are large enough (250k+ nw). They will however hurt exploration costs, so that sucks, but whatever.

With 10 active, dependable players you can pretty easily overcome the new province/inactive handicap.

Whats more, new provinces have got to go somewhere. Introducing a system by which monarchs can bar new provs from joining also introduces the possibility that ALL kingdoms will use it, and then what?

I disagree that the current arrangement is a bad deal for ghettos. It just requires a dedicated and united effort to overcome, or accountability as you put it.

solution being work harder to overcome the inherent flaw, i like your style but it's still a pretty bad deal.

I assume if all open kingdoms closed off then a new kingdom/ghetto would be formed, I don't see how this is bad/any different

The inherent flaw is that Utopia exists and that 90% of new accounts are multies, farms, or inactives.

Your solution is basically to turn off account creation, or force the 1 in 10 new accounts that aren't multies, inactives, or farms to sit alone with an overwhelming number of ones that are. Which would be unfair to those new account holders, and discourage legitimate accounts.

It'd also make it easier for war and honor ghettos to give themselves buttons if such a situation were to arise.

Regular
    I for one fully support the concept of dark humans, but just the concept

Should be able to choose immigration policy instead of walls wouldnt have to waste buildings

Wall is genius.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

I like to post
    we need a permanent system whereby new players are mentored into the game. a group of people working sorta like an outsourcing company, being the link between new players and monarchs. soon as you create an account youll be brought into contact with 1 of the mentors online and theyll guide you through the basics of gameplay. after that youll be linked to a kd that the mentor thinks is suitable for the player in question. monarchs wanting to make use of this system will pay lets say 10 credits per recruit they get this way.

as u mightve guessed, im willing to volunteer to recruit and lead this mentoring group. I will only require some sort of forum-chat interface and an easier way to contact in-game Monarchs.

Thread Information