Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: #officialtrashtalkthread

I hate you all and just come to check Octo's confessions and that clown thing.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Godly View Post
    This is obviously an exaggeration, but sometimes there are broken options that are less visible.
    Well I think you know what I meant: in most gameplay there's a "counter" to the "best" setup but it would have flaws against the majority of the field. The typical considerations you have in any metagame, whether it's Magic: The Gathering or DOTA or Starcraft 2. It's not really the same in Utopia of course, because there's only one iteration of each rules set, so not much of a tested meta really develops, but surely each age some people try to counter-pick against the expected choice.

I would figure the numbers aren't absurd enough/that there are enough permutations in Utopia available that for any given setup there would be another setup that would beat it (there are a whole number of assumptions here, like ignoring skill etc) but I could certainly be wrong. You're right, it's feasible that there's a completely overpowered and un-beatable setup but one not as obvious as the one you stated.

I suppose what I would say is, if it's actually the case that next age there's a setup available that is broken and has no counter, then the suggested changes probably shouldn't be final.

The Jerks.

Sir Postalot
    lol @ the thought of godly picking setups

He never says I will do it though, he's a smart boy.

Nevermind...
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

It's a group decision. I pushed hard for humans this round and I'm proud of that decision. flogger, you've pretty much been a joke for the last 2 years. Why don't you win something first and then talk? Or is your way of motivating yourself to embarrass yourself on utalk into performing well?
    "Godly, you do realized that you have just sealed your faith now, right?"

triggering intensifies.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Veteran
    When do we release our starve list for age 67
    Age 69 Goal: Make Korp lul

Veteran
    @tetley - learn to trash talk not tuck tail and try super duper hard to find some shred of common ground. PS your consistent lack of mechanical knowledge offends me!

@Jwuzi - We will release the starve list after we release the PK list, so far it goes #1 American Badass, #2 Jwuzi.

@lestat - my last war vs bravehearts was a min time stomp and you were hiding on sitting so take that.

Bishop is in the spirit.

Telling someone they don't know how to trash talk is the highest form of trash talk.
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    Telling someone they don't know how to trash talk is the highest form of trash talk.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Godly View Post
    It's a group decision. I pushed hard for humans this round and I'm proud of that decision. flogger, you've pretty much been a joke for the last 2 years. Why don't you win something first and then talk? Or is your way of motivating yourself to embarrass yourself on utalk into performing well?
    human was like the 3rd best race

Forum Fanatic
    i still don't know who 2utopian is or what his issue is with me.

Trash talk is not my specialty.

The Jerks.

Veteran
    @Jwuzi - We will release the starve list after we release the PK list, so far it goes #1 American Badass, #2 Jwuzi.

PK != RK

Git gud scrub. Nobody takes my land like folle do

Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    human was like the 3rd best race
    Proven by our 3rd place finish
    Age 69 Goal: Make Korp lul

2Utopian will dislike you in one thread then talk **** about you in another, that's all I know, don't know who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by jwuzi View Post
    Proven by our 3rd place finish
    Don't question him and spreadsheet of death or whatever it's called! It knows all.

Thread Information