Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: #officialtrashtalkthread

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by zsivhawk View Post
    Okay. I will say that in my experience the changes are locked after being posted as potential. Thanks for taking the time to clarify.
    And you're wrong. Look at any potential changes vs actual changes. They're almost always different. I can only think of 1 age where the potential changes didn't really get altered.

The only thing that's "locked" are the large, usually mechanical, changes. This age for instance, it doesn't matter how stupid people might think the overall number boosts might be, that's a thing that's going to happen because it would require a complete overhaul of the potential changes.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    And you're wrong. Look at any potential changes vs actual changes. They're almost always different. I can only think of 1 age where the potential changes didn't really get altered.

The only thing that's "locked" are the large, usually mechanical, changes. This age for instance, it doesn't matter how stupid people might think the overall number boosts might be, that's a thing that's going to happen because it would require a complete overhaul of the potential changes.
    Well, that's actually exactly what I meant. Any MAJOR change is locked before even being posted as a potential change. Leaving no room for discussion. Who cares whether one race loses access to Fertile Lands or has a 50gc cheaper elite (Those are still changes, but those are minor tweaks). My point was, anything major is already set in stone before the potential changes are released.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Fair enough, but I think expecting anything else would be unreasonable. You have all age to suggest large changes, speaking up in the last week of the age and expecting the devs to suddenly develop an entire new science (for example) and have it flawlessly implemented is just silly.

Nice! My one comment started more trash talk than the actual game play discussion.

I must be a forum master now..... BoH? Can I have my robe and my Wizard hat now?
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    Nice! My one comment started more trash talk than the actual game play discussion.

I must be a forum master now..... BoH? Can I have my robe and my Wizard hat now?
    I think spontaneity is key.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Quote Originally Posted by zsivhawk View Post
    Well, that's actually exactly what I meant. Any MAJOR change is locked before even being posted as a potential change. Leaving no room for discussion. Who cares whether one race loses access to Fertile Lands or has a 50gc cheaper elite (Those are still changes, but those are minor tweaks). My point was, anything major is already set in stone before the potential changes are released.
    Nope, a major change was scrapped last age duebto feedback from prelims
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Fair enough, but I think expecting anything else would be unreasonable. You have all age to suggest large changes, speaking up in the last week of the age and expecting the devs to suddenly develop an entire new science (for example) and have it flawlessly implemented is just silly.
    I agree with you on that, however, there is a difference between someone suggesting a major change in the last week and a major change being sprung out of no where and people trying to get them to keep from making the change, for example removing Fog or changing the entire number structure in the game. It's hard to know what changes are percolating in Bishop's head throughout the age, so it is hard to know what to comment/suggest before the changes are posted. For the record, I stand by my statements that I don't want banks removed. My stance on that hasn't changed in five years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Nope, a major change was scrapped last age duebto feedback from prelims
    I'll have to go back and check. I didn't play last age and only joined after all the changes were set and the pre-age downtime was started.

Forum Fanatic
    i mean, zvi put together a pretty decent post..

The Jerks.

We are off topic here, back to trash talking please.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Veteran
    tetley is a bad Canadian
    Age 69 Goal: Make Korp lul

I like to post
    Does this mean the code of conduct is suspended for this topic :D ?

Last edited by Bart of Sparta; 08-04-2016 at 19:07.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    Does this mean the code of conduct is suspended for this topic :D ?
    I hope so!

Post Fiend
    I got drunk off 1 and a half pints today.

Forum Fanatic
    it got warm for a while but this week it's been COLD AGAIN and it's exams.
    Admin law is the worst kind of law
    I nearly lost my Toque.

The Jerks.

Post Fiend

Thread Information