Thread: Petition: Make Elves Great Again

Post Fiend

Petition: Make Elves Great Again

All y'all wanna talk about in the changes thread is EOWCF.

Well, that will mainly affect the big players - If the rest of us get caught unprepared after a war it doesn't ruin our age.

While they deal with eowcf, lets not let other big changes go under the radar.

Elves have been nerfed - they no longer have any T/M functionality, especially compared to Fae.

Elf has always been seen as a weaker T/M than Fae, but its versatility and tankiness gave it the edge in certain situations.

With no WPA bonus, the buff of offensive units and the loss of nightmares, Elf has no edge.

Do we really only want one viable option for a traditional T/M out of eight races?

Please make a comment if you agree with the general statement 'Elves are not strong enough in the preliminary changes'.

Thanks.

I still feel that it is just an error while typing up the proposed changes and that it will be addressed in the final draft but you are right to highlight it just in case it gets missed in all the brouhaha over eowcf and fort.

Elves without a wpa buff and Dwarves without a BE buff just doesn't feel right. At least if that's what is going to happen they should be given something else (comparably worthwhile) to compensate. I don't see anyone opting for those races as they stand. Too much "good stuff" to pick from elsewhere.

FYI, unless the comment is in the age 68 thread i am not reading it.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

No worries Bishop. Understood. I posted something in there also... Way back....didn't see any response from you (yet) in that thread regarding the Elf and Dwarf nerfs. Will keep looking.

Veteran
    Don't expect a response to every comment. That doesn't mean the devs haven't read it. In ages past I've seen them make changes based on suggestions that attracted little or no discussion.

Post Fiend
    Age 68 changes thread is full of Top 30 whining about EOWCF.

Funny because when ghettos whine it's because we suck but when Top 30 whine its the games fault.

Veteran
    Yeah, I'm whatever on all that. But the devs aren't going to miss other feedback because Bart is in a flame war with a bunch of ghetto monarchs.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Can't make elves great again without a wall. And you should make the faeries pay for it.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Can't make elves great again without a wall. And you should make the faeries pay for it.
    Give +30% Spell Succes to Elves and add Clear Sight to their spellbook.

Veteran
    If Elves had CS in any of the past 5 ages, I'd have run an all Elf KD.

Veteran
    Elf doesn't have CS, and shouldn't. CS can at least be cleared off faeries; even faery/mystics can can be MVd. Elf/mystics will be impossible to MV CS off, and therefore CS becomes vastly stronger for them. Elf and Faery play different roles and should be kept as different as possible. I vote no CS for Elf (unpopular decision!!)

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by s0830887 View Post
    Elf doesn't have CS, and shouldn't. CS can at least be cleared off faeries; even faery/mystics can can be MVd. Elf/mystics will be impossible to MV CS off, and therefore CS becomes vastly stronger for them. Elf and Faery play different roles and should be kept as different as possible. I vote no CS for Elf (unpopular decision!!)

There are many more ways to counter CS...
    A good general does not count on luck and trying to MV a faery/mystic to get rid off CS is definatley counting on luck...
    Not sure why you think its an unpopular decision, there was a time when Elf had double towers and CS, it made playing it as an a/m worthwhile.
    As of this moment most elves are heavy dspecs Ms with a little thievery, even if they run 30% wts they still have a bullseye target over thier heads.
    Elves are great Propaganda and AW targets, Elf/Heretics will be a favortie target for rogues in the upcoming age.
    Last edited by pierniczek; 11-04-2016 at 09:41. Reason: typo

Thread Information