Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My Raging Clue vs Confessions of Lotus

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by loky View Post
    Let me rephrase Josh from one of our ingame MSGs: "I'll give you button if you declare the following tick. I don't want surprise declare dates. I want a totally even war." See irony?

@trolltide: i think you're missing point that you should've drop from 77k to 70k anyway. If TM's weren't hit attackers would be and then you'd say "we dropped all attackers under 2k acres" Gotta drop some1 mate *winks*

P.S.: nothing against rules, but very lame after agreed "fair fight"
    Like i said: it was actually to our disadvantage to have all our t/m's get beaten down a couple days before war. They all ended up back at the same size they started from.

It wasn't like they went from 5k acres to 3k acres to land drop. They went back to the same size they got knocked down from, and the attackers were dropped.

So end result: T/m's remained same size (a couple were a lot lower than we wanted because they missed exploring) Attackers were mostly dropped to drop those 7k acres. about 2.5k acres from intra kd razes on attackers.

Regular
    Before spartans: We had plenty of gc, t/m's had ideal acre spread all were averaged around 3.2k acres. Guys were well pumped.

After spartans: t/m's got beaten up, there was probably a net loss of gc. end result, they were more spread out. Had less gc after all the retraining/re-exploring.

Veteran
    Another age of fake warring and secret deals deciding the ww crown. Honestly if the powers to be won't actually police things like fake warring you should just remove the ww crown all together from the game.

Regular
    Again, no advantage was gained prior to war having our t/m's repeatedly getting beaten down and having to rebuild a couple days before the war. The lost troops, econ, acres all amount wayyy more than what we stole (using stealth that we could have used elsewhere i would say) in return for not engaging them.

As far as previous conflict: That kd's monarch had a monster ego and wrote checks with his mouth he couldn't cash (referring to the kd that waved us) and it was all well-documented.

I'm not playing victim card, but if you are accusing us of having an advantage:

COL had about 20 mins of one-sided hostile at 2% ops to burn/steal extra gc we had on us before war was declared and dragons sent. we usually enter war with about the same amount of gc that we did vs COL before they burned/stole gc when compared with other wars.

Post Fiend
    I guess if you keep saying that your t/ms were all beat up, that will somehow ignore the fact that you had a shady deal in place to 'recoup losses' to the tune of 2 free dragons. I don't really care what justification you try to use to explain it. That really isn't my problem.

20 mins of one sided hostile? You're joking of course. You guys held off giving hostile until 5 mins before tick, and we pushed button almost immediately. You took your sweet time engaging us as it is. So far, I'm thoroughly unimpressed by the scrub tactics you have been using thus far. Once again, it's all within in the rules, and I guess I can't blame you, but I know we were looking forward to a fair, balanced, fun war to end the age. And so far, the only thing I've seen from MRC is 100% bushleague tactics.

Whatever the end result is, you are still scrubs. Herp out >:U

I like to post
    Raging Clue was informed before our Pyro war that we would come after them after our Pyro war, and I urged them to grow. They chose not to yet were competition. We had contact and they were given the choice to either fight us from a significant size-advantage or to agree on a deal with us. We took the honor by hitting down a lot of their TMs and offered some compensation for that. I have no clue how much they took in the end as there were many KDs stealing from us.

I really fail to see why people think this is ****play to be honest. Would it be more moral to just wave them from 50% size advantage? I've made this deal with more KDs, all were free to agree/decline (Crs for instance declined my offer). It's very simple:

1. Land is a recourse.
    2. Honor is a recourse.

Having a lot of honor can give you a lot of land if you wave same-sized KDs with less honor. Having a lot of land can give you a lot of honor if you wave people on the same honor but significantly smaller. If you want to go for the honor crown you better understand the meta of the game --> you cannot expect to stay in 20-40 size ranks and win the honor crown if your competition goes into the #5-10 rankings of land. Sure, you can gather a lot of honor and you might even be able to win the honor crown after you agree EOA in exchange for taxes, but suffice to say you're at a disadvantage.

You could even add science to the equation here. Early-age growth means facing more difficult targets but also means pumping science on higher size. Staying small means fighting easier wars but lacking in late-age science. We chose to grow and make use of our size to pump science, then make use of that science to farm honor and more land. 2 ages ago we signed a deal with ED that allowed us to win the war-crown. In the end we had to intra-raze and give up the honor crown to ED. All part of the game, as we could've chosen to just fight ED instead (many KDs chose that path and got farmed hard by ED).

I put the same choice in front of our competition: Want to fight us and remain in the running for the honor-crown, or sign off and have a good shot at the war-crown. Now to do the math of this age:

Total Honor 121,363
    Taken in war and war bonusses: 112K
    Taken through random hitting: 4K
    Taken through deals: 5K
    Miscellaneous: 363

I would love to see more KDs compete for the honor-crown next age to make it more competitive, but it will require a mentality-switch as to how to approach this game. People have to understand that maintaining acres is crucial if you compete for anything but the WW-crown.

Regular
    1. All the t/m's that were hit had to go back to their original size
    2. They were hit multiple times repeatedly days before war
    3. Cost of rebuilding/retraining greatly exceeded what we stole in return.

Josh and Bart can chime in on this more:

We were going to be waved for honor either way by the spartans. It was either we get hit or we get hit. We didn't really care too much for honor, we wanted to get another war this age.

Regular
    Speak of the devil

I like to post
    April 20 of YR12 Peanut (xx:xx) captured 371 acres of land from HumansDoItBetter (xx:xx).
    April 20 of YR12 Peanut (xx:xx) captured 229 acres of land from HumansDoItBetter (xx:xx).
    April 20 of YR12 Peanut (xx:xx) captured 152 acres of land from HumansDoItBetter (xx:xx).
    April 20 of YR12 Peanut (xx:xx) captured 106 acres of land from HumansDoItBetter (xx:xx).
    April 20 of YR12 Grab and go company (xx:xx) captured 379 acres of land from ihatechange (xx:xx).
    April 20 of YR12 Brink II (xx:xx) captured 346 acres of land from The Joker (xx:xx).
    April 20 of YR12 Brink II (xx:xx) captured 354 acres of land from Daredevil (xx:xx).
    April 20 of YR12 Brink II (xx:xx) captured 318 acres of land from Legions of revival (xx:xx).
    April 20 of YR12 There Are 4 Lights (xx:xx) captured 402 acres of land from Wolverine (xx:xx).
    April 20 of YR12 Grab and go company (xx:xx) captured 227 acres of land from ihatechange (xx:xx).
    April 20 of YR12 xxx (xx:xx) captured 408 acres of land from Saurons Stump (xx:xx).
    April 20 of YR12 Megatron (xx:xx) captured 371 acres of land from Darth Vaders Saber (xx:xx).
    April 20 of YR12 xxx (xx:xx) captured 368 acres of land from Netflix Presents (xx:xx).
    April 20 of YR12 Megatron (xx:xx) captured 222 acres of land from Darth Vaders Saber (xx:xx).
    April 20 of YR12 xxx (xx:xx) captured 202 acres of land from Netflix Presents (xx:xx).
    April 20 of YR12 Megatron (xx:xx) captured 348 acres of land from Arthurious Eyes (xx:xx).
    April 20 of YR12 Megatron (xx:xx) captured 190 acres of land from Arthurious Eyes (xx:xx).
    April 20 of YR12 MAKKA LOVES KTV (xx:xx) captured 389 acres of land from Caligulas Canned Meat (xx:xx).
    April 20 of YR12 Faeries (xx:xx) captured 265 acres of land from Wolverine (xx:xx).
    April 20 of YR12 The Dollar Menu (xx:xx) captured 385 acres of land from Bokehlicious (xx:xx).
    April 20 of YR12 The Dollar Menu (xx:xx) captured 209 acres of land from Bokehlicious (xx:xx).
    April 20 of YR12 The Dollar Menu (xx:xx) captured 150 acres of land from Arthurious Eyes (xx:xx).
    April 20 of YR12 The Dollar Menu (xx:xx) captured 111 acres of land from Arthurious Eyes (xx:xx).
    April 20 of YR12 MAKKA LOVES KTV (xx:xx) captured 86 acres of land from Bokehlicious (xx:xx).
    April 20 of YR12 Mitch Murder (xx:xx) attempted an invasion of I am a noob (xx:xx), but was repelled.
    April 20 of YR12 CantFindMyMouse (xx:xx) captured 319 acres of land from I am a noob (xx:xx).
    April 20 of YR12 Atbdcpjhj (xx:xx) captured 218 acres of land from Wolverine (xx:xx).
    April 20 of YR12 Mitch Murder (xx:xx) captured 147 acres of land from I am a noob (xx:xx).
    April 20 of YR12 Grab and go company (xx:xx) captured 326 acres of land from DaNgErLaNd (xx:xx).
    April 20 of YR12 CantFindMyMouse (xx:xx) captured 164 acres of land from Sword of Stormwind (xx:xx). Clipboard
    May 21 of YR12 Perception (xx:xx) captured 127 acres of land from Netflix Presents (xx:xx).
    May 21 of YR12 Perception (xx:xx) captured 108 acres of land from Netflix Presents (xx:xx).
    May 21 of YR12 Perception (xx:xx) captured 91 acres of land from Netflix Presents (xx:xx).
    May 21 of YR12 The Dollar Menu (xx:xx) captured 113 acres of land from Netflix Presents (xx:xx).
    May 21 of YR12 The Dollar Menu (xx:xx) captured 90 acres of land from Netflix Presents (xx:xx).
    June 7 of YR12 CantFindMyMouse (xx:xx) captured 276 acres of land from I am a noob (xx:xx).
    June 7 of YR12 CantFindMyMouse (xx:xx) captured 181 acres of land from I am a noob (xx:xx).
    June 15 of YR12 Perception (xx:xx) captured 284 acres of land from Wolverine (xx:xx).
    June 17 of YR12 CantFindMyMouse (xx:xx) captured 196 acres of land from I am a noob (xx:xx).
    June 17 of YR12 CantFindMyMouse (xx:xx) captured 133 acres of land from I am a noob (xx:xx).
    June 19 of YR12 Brink II (xx:xx) captured 336 acres of land from Arthurious Eyes (xx:xx).
    June 21 of YR12 Grab and go company (xx:xx) captured 427 acres of land from Saurons Stump (xx:xx).
    June 21 of YR12 Grab and go company (xx:xx) captured 237 acres of land from Saurons Stump (xx:xx).

It's not like we were actively competing for honor crown, either. We always knew we'd get nailed at EoA by bigger kingdoms competing for it. We just wanted to war, and by virtue of winning most of our wars (and our T/M-heavy set-up) we stayed near the top in honor rankings. There's never been much desire to get big and go for honor crown. We're only aiming for WW crown because we're close and we might as well.

I like to post
    Yeap and I get that. been there done that and will do so again next age! and this is exactly the reason I maintained good contact with Josh over how and when so as to mot mess up your plans or destroy your chances of warring. To CoL I will say the intention of the compensation from my side was to simply cover troop/land losses.

Thought we were cool Heaven :/

But another experience richer is always something.

Veteran
    If you had wanted to talk about this, you would have pm'd me. If you were interested in an explanation, you would have pm'd me and asked.If you wanted to check details, you would have pm'd me. Instead you try to publicly humiliate my KD and I. You don't want to enter a conversation; you want the public to lynch me and mine. I'm not going to engage with you about this in this thread, as I learned from the last time that no-one is interested in what you have to say, they're only interested in saying what they have to say.

As I said to your monarch: if you want to have a civil conversation, all you have to do is send me a civil message. You wouldn't speak to me like that face to face - you're doing it because you have keyboard protection.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by HerpNDerp View Post
    Pretty weak play by MRC so far. You were given 40m gc to war us in exchange for some honor points right after you guys finish the easiest, most ridiculous farm pump war I've seen in a couple ages.

So far, 2/10 in terms of respect. Weak play is weak play. Idk what to expect when it comes to competing for a crown, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised
    It wasn't our fault that war became easy. Not our fault too their entire KD bailed the moment they saw what a screw up they did by hostile waving us and giving us the button.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by s0830887 View Post
    If you had wanted to talk about this, you would have pm'd me. If you were interested in an explanation, you would have pm'd me and asked.If you wanted to check details, you would have pm'd me. Instead you try to publicly humiliate my KD and I. You don't want to enter a conversation; you want the public to lynch me and mine. I'm not going to engage with you about this in this thread, as I learned from the last time that no-one is interested in what you have to say, they're only interested in saying what they have to say.

As I said to your monarch: if you want to have a civil conversation, all you have to do is send me a civil message. You wouldn't speak to me like that face to face - you're doing it because you have keyboard protection.
    If that is your official response to this, then lol. The irc logs of discussion of war terms seemed pretty amusing, given the large advantage your kd already had going forward. A land drop is a land drop -- you still ended up needing to raze 2.5k acres from your orcs in order to meet agreed upon acreage. I guess we should just ignore the 2mil+ nw advantage you had as well.

Like I said, everything you've done is all 'legal' and all. Your justifications make it look even more pathetic though :/ I guess it just goes to show how afraid of us you really are

Owa and Loke -- we need to work on getting free dragons in gold before all of our future wars. Get to it!

Thread Information