Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My Raging Clue vs Confessions of Lotus

Veteran
    Just drag the war till eoa and stop these guys from getting the ww crown. Problem solved lol.

Post Fiend
    For a guy who repeatedly says its legal, you whine too much

Speaking of fair. If CoL plundered/stole freely from ranom kds for war prep. Then its not fair for mrc since they paid honor/land/troops for the gc

pffffff all this whining and crying.......... Get some love of your wife

Would you trolls, namely Mr. Handofthrawn and HerpnDerp, like to sit on my laps and troll about the first thing that pops up?

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinaman10101 View Post
    Would you trolls, namely Mr. Handofthrawn and HerpnDerp, like to sit on my laps and troll about the first thing that pops up?
    That's ok guys..I think I know why Herp is a bit mad...if you read the strategy thread:

http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...Expose-Thieves

Made me Lol a bit. ;p

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by p0ngkol View Post

Speaking of fair. If CoL plundered/stole freely from ranom kds for war prep. Then its not fair for mrc since they paid honor/land/troops for the gc
    Hahaha...One of the most logical posts I have seen in this thread...A lot of Herps post has the disclaimer, "it's not against the rules...it's legal"...If there is already admission it's not foul play, then what's the freakin big deal? Spartans is way bigger than us. They had wanted to wave our honor for weeks because, well, we spent a good time being #1 in honor and we were in direct competition to their goal. Only problem is, there was no way we could war them because of size difference. We had tried the quick-grow method and meet a bigger KD in size, specifically our war against Outlawz and well, we got our asses handed to us resulting to our 1 loss this age. Growing 400 acres per province in 3 days then going to war underpumped and underdefended is a recipe for a bad beating. So when Spartans said we grow to meet them, we were apprehensive because we learned the hard way we would be in such a big disadvantage in that scenario.

I would say our King, Josh made the best out of a bad situation. Sparta was going to wave us regardless to take our honor. Josh managed to use diplomacy and allowed our KD to receive compensation for the troop losses. Sparta could have said No and there was nothing we could have done, but Josh was able to wiggle out an agreement where we come away with some gold to allow us to retrain. I dunno how he did it, maybe we built on the good relationship with Sparta we had after our war 2 ages back, or maybe they are secret lovers or something, but bottomline, our monarch did his job.

Utopia is not only a simple warring game. Here, we have diplomacy, heck we even had ages before where there were huge alliances. If we simply warred, then this will not be utopia at all. When we first won the war crown, we were shocked by the level of back channeling in game. What we wanted was to just war and let the chips fall where they may. The harsh truth smacked us in the face as we were nearing the crown in Age 64, we discovered other forces will intervene to stop our KD from the prize we wanted. In our last war that age, we received constant out of war hits and dragons from a 3rd KD(I wouldn't mention them but their KD name starts with a "J") opposed to us winning. Lucky for us, our opponent(Starcraft) was honorable, acknowledged our victory, surrendered and allowed us to retain #1 War wins ranking EOA. What we learned that age is simple brute force will not allow you to win crowns moving forward. Diplomacy will have to play an equally big role. And that is why, we try our best to maintain good relations with the KD we have warred, Sparta(despite the fact that they beat us) no exception. And that good relations paid off this age, we got repayment for the damage which we otherwise would not have received.
    Last edited by arthas; 09-04-2016 at 01:06.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by p0ngkol View Post

Personally, the more fair a fight is, the more I enjoy it. There's a big difference in the letter of the law, and the spirit of the law. This war is supposedly for war win crown. I have an issue when my enemy has a secret deal with someone for 2 free dragons worth of gc right before we war. I don't give a **** what the rationalization is. It's 100% bushleague. On the other hand, I really don't care one flying ****. I just like watching people squirm in public forums. Cause at the end of the day, I know that we are better than they are, even with the cards stacked against us

Edit: ps arthras less text dude who the **** is gonna read that. Not me

Regular
    You keep bringing up 2 dragons worth of gc. It went to repair 3 dragons worth of damage...

Veteran
    Mah.. I was one of those against this kind of deals but not because we had something to gain out of it..... we were losing honor points (bonuses) for our next war and also many troops that we had to retrain, land to be explored by T/Ms etc.
    In return we could have stole some gc.. that we used to retrain.
    As you can see we didn''t send more dragons than you did or smtg like that.
    When war started you had more gc than we did actually and we robed some from you.

As I am not as calculated as Josh is ... I said let the damn Spartans bottomfeed on us, put their threats on their a...
    It was like that.
    Spartans: we will bottomfeed on you to get the honor we want or you make this deal so that you can use less.
    --------------

So stop whining about it, as we were the ones threaten before this war. We dealt with it and we gave the war we promised.

The only advantage we might have had is more land than you. We had to landrop while you had to explore... but you knew that when agreed on this war.
    FLATLINERS TLG KLA

Veteran
    PS. Josh is a too nice of a guy, but Spartans, we will come for you next age !!
    FLATLINERS TLG KLA

You say we are afraid of you but look who's whining and complaining since day 1 of war?

2.5k acres? 2.5k is like 3.5% of 70k. Is warring a KD 3.5% larger than you really that unfair that you have to publicly whine about it? Or are you implying that you should only war KDs of equal size or KDs smaller than you?

2 mil nw advantage? Is it our fault that you didn't draft deep enough for the war? Why don't you give your username/password to me next time so I'll do it for you?

2 dragons worth of gc? Are you not keeping track of the war? Or are you just that dumb? Haven't you realized yet that you still haven't received a second dragon from us? Or are you hallucinating because of fear?

PS: I honestly think that you would only consider a war to be "fair" if the enemy won't use ETs against you.
    Last edited by lalalala; 09-04-2016 at 07:36.

What I never understood is why this poor rogue cries like he's talking for his entire KD. Your KD's decision to go to war is a collective decision. Did we threaten you? You victimize yourself every post and it's gotten to a point where it's as boring as watching flies f*ck.

Oh god, business dealings! The way you look at things is nothing more than selective perception. You look hard to find facts that feeds your emotion and belief but instantaneously turn a blind eye on those that runs against it. You might ask, 'what emotions'? Well, if you were able to land more than 3 ops in 20 hours, there wouldn't be another b*tching thread that you created under 'strategy' section. Now your emotion is telling you there are all these evil dealings and MRC are bastards and should burn in hell. But in reality...it's called diplomacy.

I want to say we probably lost more than we gained but I'll leave it for others to decide whether that's the case. Bart has already posted the hit logs (but he doesn't have the full picture - we got hit by other KDs as well out of nowhere). Once you clear that head of yours, you can go ahead and calculate the cost to re-build acres, the cost for certain provinces to explore, to re-train a few thousand elites each, the cost to draft them, the honor rank that was lost including their bonuses (we lost all but 1 prince rank I think, not too sure about Dukes/Counts), and the cost of OOW hits on us before you open that trap of yours again.

I'll give you just some perspective here - myself alone:
    Cost here are for 'un-doing' the damage, personal mistakes like starving provinces are omitted -
    Cost of retraining elites (w/ some armories): $2.688M @6000 elites
    Cost of rebuilding lost acres: $0.239M @477/a and 500a (assume all built in fort although this ain't the case)
    Cost of drafting (aggressive draft): $0.246M @82/sold for 6k solds less 3k sold from Animate Dead
    Cost of exploring lost acres: $1.35M @2.7k/a for 500a (I probably paradised 100+ acres, but it's also a resource so we'd have to quantify it someway)
    Cost of soldiers for re-exploring (aggressive draft) $0.328M @82/sold for 500a; ~8 solds/a
    Grand Total: $4.84M for ONE province

*Did not get more than 200 solds from orcs - did not discount draft cost from receiving their sold aid but it still represents income loss from them. Tell me whats a good discount rate, it's 4:30am and I am too tired to figure it out

Now there's something harder to quantify - (1) losing our honor rank and (2) temporary reduction in BE. We fortified for what - 3 days after the hits? That's 72 ticks of lower income less 6 ticks to rebuild.
    Cost of honor downranking: 4% lost in hourly income, 3% lost in pop. I had roughly 50% homes (a lil more).

I calculated the cost to be 278K in total. And that's assuming all the additional pop peons are all unemployed and half of my bloody base population is unemployed as well; and factoring in a low ppa. I'm too tired to x2 check this one but let's say 200K only. ONE Province is already f*cking $5M to rebuild - and all this with estimates that are less than what it actually was. How many bloody TMs do we have? Then factor in the attackers as well. One poor lad got quad tapped.

Can you now shut the f*ck up about waahh MRC has a huge unfair advantage bla bla bla? If you can't, f*cking back it up with something more convincing than your tears.

Le sigh....it's all fun and games until someone pisses into the punch bowl.

PS - then there are those 7 OOW hits. Enough to kill half a drag? I don't know, but certainly evened the ground for you further - if it could even be considered as materially uneven in the first place. I could come up with conspiracy theories saying you called for an airstrike from these other KDs but I ain't gunna do that. Cos I'm here to have fun with my KD and most of your KD....although it's entertaining to watch you whine over ET's. I really should thank you for letting us know, with your tear overflow on the forums, that our TMs are doing their job.
    Last edited by Sinaman10101; 09-04-2016 at 09:22.

Post Fiend
    I thought Spartans were to tax CoL after winning against WSK?

enough for this drama guys and move on!

hey Josh please be kind enough to post some summary, mostly all the guys following here for WAR...

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    enough for this drama guys and move on!
    The drama between these 2 kds isnt enough compared to the other threads. Hahaha!

Thread Information