Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expose Thieves

Post Fiend

Expose Thieves

IMO this spell is ridiculously strong. There is no other spell (or op) quite like it. 6 casts of ET brought me from 100% stealth to 27% stealth in about 30 seconds. Oh, and over the course of 20 hours, getting ET'd every hour on the hour, I've been able to use 3 single ops (and I've lost 300 honor points to boot). I understand that the core concept of the spell is to limit the power of rogues (halfers in particular) and the enemy is doing a great job at it.

I simply don't understand how one spell can be that strong, while there is no equivalent to do the same against mana.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by HerpNDerp View Post
    IMO this spell is ridiculously strong. There is no other spell (or op) quite like it. 6 casts of ET brought me from 100% stealth to 27% stealth in about 30 seconds. Oh, and over the course of 20 hours, getting ET'd every hour on the hour, I've been able to use 3 single ops (and I've lost 300 honor points to boot). I understand that the core concept of the spell is to limit the power of rogues (halfers in particular) and the enemy is doing a great job at it.

I simply don't understand how one spell can be that strong, while there is no equivalent to do the same against mana.

There is it is called sabotage wizards if I am not mistaken
    Just my final two cents. =) "Stay inside the box too long and one becomes blind to the lines that confine them" - Some uknown(to me) wise(and prolly poor) Man once said(and that's typed.)

Post Fiend
    Plus the assasinate wizards. Fair enough imo.

Post Fiend
    Sabotage wiz does what, -2-3% with each op? I just don't get how 6 spells can take away 70% of stealth and take honor at the same time.

And AW assumes you have the opportunity to GA WTs down (and that is ignoring the futility of trying to op a Faery with CS/WT/decent rtpa)

I know that nothing will change, this crap just seems so imba.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I'll just paste this hear

Quote Originally Posted by faegan View Post
    The numbers, from the guide:

Expose thieves
    Effect: Decreases available stealth of target province to between 66% and 93% of its original amount.

Assume 100% stealth: 5x ET -> down to 20% (min) 76% (max) stealth. Random number generation (25x) has 40% stealth remaining
    Assume 70% stealth: 5x ET -> down to 15% (min) 54% (max) stealth. Random number generation (25x) has 29% stealth remaining
    Assume 50% stealth: 5x ET -> down to 10% (min) 39% (max) stealth. Random number generation (25x) has 13% stealth remaining

See the power of ET? And it's an "easy" spell to land
    I believe SW reduces mana by 7%, so the minimum amount that a ET can land for.

Post Fiend
    Someone sabotaged Palem's grasp of english!

Luckily I have exposed this error.

Back to the topic:

Heretic attackers will both love and hate these spells next age.

Veteran
    The gains on et and sw are nw dependent, I believe?

same thing happened to me in a war, had ET on me every tick, honestly couldn't do anything except right after the tick before they could ET me. It was brutal, but instead of sitting there complaining I switched gears and played around it.

Actually, I did ***** about it quite a bit! haha. But I still tried to adapt and play around it. I started attacking small guys, and put in more towers so I could op more.
    Last edited by CannaWhoopazz; 08-04-2016 at 14:08.
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

Post Fiend
    If you can't ***** about it then it doesnt belong in utopia

Veteran
    ET is a really important counter to have available vs rogues. Rogues can do obscene amounts of damage essentially forever with -95% losses. Rogues would probably feel broken without having this option available to fight them.

Quote Originally Posted by HerpNDerp View Post
    Sabotage wiz does what, -2-3% with each op? I just don't get how 6 spells can take away 70% of stealth and take honor at the same time.

And AW assumes you have the opportunity to GA WTs down (and that is ignoring the futility of trying to op a Faery with CS/WT/decent rtpa)

I know that nothing will change, this crap just seems so imba.
    SW is heavily affected by thieves sent and is a lot more that 2-3% when done right
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Veteran
    Sounds like you need higher wpa and every good Rogue knows to be on every tick to use stealth. Also start of war you should have a plan to blow all stealth right at the beginning.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I'll just paste this hear
    Quote Originally Posted by faegan View Post
    It requires discipline, not something you'll find in abundance in the warring tier.
    The numbers, from the guide:

Expose thieves
    Effect: Decreases available stealth of target province to between 66% and 93% of its original amount.

Assume 100% stealth: 5x ET -> down to 20% (min) 76% (max) stealth. Random number generation (25x) has 40% stealth remaining
    Assume 70% stealth: 5x ET -> down to 15% (min) 54% (max) stealth. Random number generation (25x) has 29% stealth remaining
    Assume 50% stealth: 5x ET -> down to 10% (min) 39% (max) stealth. Random number generation (25x) has 13% stealth remaining

See the power of ET? And it's an "easy" spell to land

I believe SW reduces mana by 7%, so the minimum amount that a ET can land for.
    i'll just add it here too ET is 18% of current stealth for IN nw range targets only. i've had oor ET casts do 0% stealth damage when i was at 13% stealth which means ET does <7% damage when casting oor. As for SW, i think the min/op is 1, the max is up around 20%...(or at least max i've seen)

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    SW is heavily affected by thieves sent and is a lot more that 2-3% when done right

Uto wiki has a solid value for the range of effect ET has. SW does not. What is the required thief send to achieve max gains on SW? And what is max gain? I just simply don't know.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by handofthrawn View Post
    Sounds like you need higher wpa and every good Rogue knows to be on every tick to use stealth. Also start of war you should have a plan to blow all stealth right at the beginning.
    Nothing a halfer will ever be able to do against Mystics et every tick :D

Thread Information