Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Age 68 Dragons

Age 68 Dragons

Is it just me or are dragons going to be a lot weaker (relatively) next age? With the big increase in overall numbers, it's going to be a lot easier to kill them...?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbrown View Post
    Is it just me or are dragons going to be a lot weaker (relatively) next age? With the big increase in overall numbers, it's going to be a lot easier to kill them...?
    Looks like it.

They will be weaker but remember drake cost and HP is based on networth. With higher NW from troops this means drake cost/hp increases.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    They will be weaker but remember drake cost and HP is based on networth. With higher NW from troops this means drake cost/hp increases.
    This. I imagine drags will be much the same as they are now, considering your troop values scale up with nw, exactly the same as drags.

Forum Addict
    they will be weaker because networths other than troops remain same, so your overall nw increase will be smaller than troop strenght increase in percentage comparison.. i estimate them to be %10-15 weaker, but thats not based on an accurate calculation, just a wild guess..

Hm, I guess the NW increase affects it, but not fully. Plus it looks like cost also scales, meaning that the cost and hp effects exactly cancel out, leading to a net drop in dragon strength.

Dragon Cost = MAX ( Target Kingdom NW , Your Kingdom NW ) * 1.25
    Dragon HP = ( Receiving Kingdom NW / ~44 ) * Relations Mod

So for equal NW kingdom, DragonCost = NW*1.25; DragonHP = NW/44. This is the same regardless of kingdom NW, so the net increase in NW doesn't affect the relative strength of dragons. In fact, arguably it weakens dragons because a larger proportion of your networth now comes from military, and hence you have more dragon-slaying power per nw than before.

On top of that, currently you kill off dragons with 4point specs, whereas next age you'll use 6point specs (or equivalently more powerful soldiers/elites i suppose). So the total net effect is both cost and strength of dragons has gone up, say, 25%, leading to no net change. But you can now kill them 50% faster than before...

Increasing the cost of a dragon doesn't exactly increase its value or strength...
    Last edited by MyNameIsMatija; 11-04-2016 at 12:17.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Postaholic
    Dragons needed to be nerfed anyhow. Kill cost was outrageously expensive compared to fund cost. A lil weaker and sending drakes will be a more weighted strategical decision.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

I guess a spec probably costs very roughly around $350, depending on draft rate, armories, orcishness, and the value you place on free training credits.

Currently, a dragon that costs $10m to fund will take 45,455 specs to kill, which breaks even at $220 per spec ($275 for 5point specs).

Next age, a dragon that costs $10m to fund will take 30,303 specs to kill, which breaks even at $330 per spec ($440 for 8point specs).

So I guess these movements kind of bring dragon funding cost roughly in line with dragon killing costs (although the dragon will probably sit on you for a few hours at least, leading to a net loss for the target kingdom). Although I suppose if you're super organised, you can use aid to combine free orc draft with strong halfling soldiers to kill dragons for a tiny fraction of their cost...
    Last edited by bobbrown; 11-04-2016 at 12:49.

if you are worrying about dragon ... go warhero ...

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbrown View Post
    It will be lot easier if u suicide..
    FM

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkz Azn View Post
    if you are worrying about dragon ... go warhero ...
    I'm worried about food, plague, dragons, troop sustain, sending the right amount of thieves, offense, ambushes, overpopulation, getting honor worth my effort, and hoping my kingdom let's me be who I want to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    I'm worried about food, plague, dragons, troop sustain, sending the right amount of thieves, offense, ambushes, overpopulation, getting honor worth my effort, and hoping my kingdom let's me be who I want to be.
    Answer is simple, go war hero or as we like to call it whore hero.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    sound like undead/wh

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

I like to post
    and hoping my kingdom let's me be who I want to be.
    Sounds like you need to join BishopalemKD

Thread Information