Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommend a race to go with Sage as an attacker.

Recommend a race to go with Sage as an attacker.

Hello everyone

I'm pretty new to the game, started late last age. I like the idea of sage and acres automatically producing books so I've decided to this route. I'll be an attacker and can't decide on what race to choose. I'm debating between Orc, Undead or Dwarf. If anyone can lend some input/ suggestions on what they would go with I'd appreciate it.

EDIT: Kingdom wants to go for size for the first part of the age at least. Not really going to be warring much.

Well Orc intuitively wouldn't mesh with Sage because of the science effectiveness penalty.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

If you are sure you are growing and not warring I will suggest human :). If you spend at least half age for sci pumping the -15% wpa won't be a much problem :).
    Last edited by Bo To; 16-04-2016 at 17:40.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    Well Orc intuitively wouldn't mesh with Sage because of the science effectiveness penalty.
    Orc/Sage is actually super nice.

My pick would be Elf tbh, you can synergize the WPA bonus, or maybe halfling, also some synergy potential with its bonus, you can play both of these as attackers I guess.
    Orc if you are confident you can utilize the gains bonus to its full potential. Undead is good in general but limitation to intel ops doesn't synergize with your thievery science too well.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Avian Sage is good imo. EOW: if you win, you are most likely landfat and that generates more science, if you lose, you can recover faster due to bumped up science effects. Credits to one of the posts that I've read before and I quote " You're like a zit that keeps coming back when popped"
    Last edited by superfury; 16-04-2016 at 17:03.

Needs to get out more
    Sage ihmo meshes well with anything. What I find attractive about sage, despite rarely playing them, is the weight of their offensive prowess. Two builds that exude sadism:

1. Elf Sage - Amnesia Conon: every hostile offers an exquisite delight of hapless targets.

2. Undead Sage - Book Burner: cringe my friends. I'm going to eat your brains. All that you know, I will know. All your memories, all your passion, all your love.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 16-04-2016 at 20:21.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Fiend
    I actually liked UD/Sage. You get a little extra BPA bonus in the other sciences because you don't have to put any books into food. And you have enough offense to maximize learn attacks between wars.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    My only problem with Undead Sage is learns putting books into food science. I can't cope with that kind of mild irritation.

The guy asked for attacking race and said he will grow at the beginning and avoid warring. Why is everyone offering warring races - und, orc, avian, elf. If he is growing he will need economical bonuses and direct penalties on sci and/or economic are unwilling while direct bonuses are needed.

Currently there are 2 direct economical bonuses: +30% income that human has and +12% pop that halfer has. Both can be good attackers but halfing bonus is only for the land - doesn't affect homes and can't be buffed with science. Also humans are the only from natural attackers that has FoK. With that in mind and considering that you won't war for at least 2-3 months I can say that human is the best choice. -15% wpa doesn't affect your growing and can be negatived with good sci which you want.

Post Fiend
    Currently there are 2 direct economical bonuses: +30% income that human has and +12% pop that halfer has. Both can be good attackers but halfing bonus is only for the land - doesn't affect homes and can't be buffed with science. Also humans are the only from natural attackers that has FoK. With that in mind and considering that you won't war for at least 2-3 months I can say that human is the best choice. -15% wpa doesn't affect your growing and can be negatived with good sci which you want.
    +3 pop/a is pretty strong if you know what to do with it, plus it stacks with science... halfers wont gain as much sci as humans nor have as strong econ as humans, but remember that their ospecs is close to human elites in terms of offense while having less nw and are cheap, and there are a damn lot more little buggers than humans...

just saying :p
    Last edited by dieaready; 17-04-2016 at 17:48.

Thank you for the all the input everyone. The economy stuff makes sense so I will go that route, hoping to keep things simple as I get used to the game. So will decide between Humans or Halflings. Since there seems to be low amount of Humans, and Sages in general so far in the world that would be pretty unique haha.

Quick general question. Would 10% population science make homes house 11 population instead of 10? Or homes will always house 10 population?

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    My only problem with Undead Sage is learns putting books into food science. I can't cope with that kind of mild irritation.
    This is gold. We all have our OCD. But then, this isn't an OCD is it? It just doesn't make sense!?

Your dwarves will thank you. Or they better...

Book Burner, the undead sage ~

Note to self: never eat a farmers brain.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 16-04-2016 at 20:23.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime88 View Post
    Thank you for the all the input everyone. The economy stuff makes sense so I will go that route, hoping to keep things simple as I get used to the game. So will decide between Humans or Halflings. Since there seems to be low amount of Humans, and Sages in general so far in the world that would be pretty unique haha.

Quick general question. Would 10% population science make homes house 11 population instead of 10? Or homes will always house 10 population?
    Population science and honor bonuses affect homes capacity so yes, homes would house 11.
    Racial bonuses / penalties do not affect homes however. This is specifically implemented to prevent too many bonuses stacking on top of each other.

Sage is pretty cruddy so wouldn't want to pick anything, but if I must Halfling would be a fairly effective use.
    Last edited by noobium; 16-04-2016 at 20:25.

Post Fiend
    The formula is (25 + race mod + homes) x Sci x honour, so the 12% does stack, just not multiplicatively. 35+ pop shouldn't be too difficult to attain :p

Thread Information