Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gluttony & Arson Farm Combo?

Question Gluttony & Arson Farm Combo?

1. Has anyone done the maths on how useful the new spell & Arson op would do compared to a standard fireball run? In what situation would it be more suited to cast Gluttony?

In most cases I don't see much reason to let an opposing KD run a high peasant number to where Gluttony / Farms would be effective?

2. Any idea why this is a mage spell considering Vermin was removed from thievery? (if I'm mistaken please correct me)

Thanks!

I like to post
    (if I'm mistaken please correct me)
    You're mistaken.

vermin was a spell, not a thief op.
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

It's not about math but strategy. Starving someone is hard because he can ask(or steal) for food and aiding it is cheap. Think more about gluttony+gold parrot+fb - your BE will drop bellow 50% and you will be forced to build like 20-25% farms just to feed your army.

Also what others pointed - vermin was a spell and it was replaced with something more useful.

Enthusiast
    Will be very interesting late age when all top kds draft to 0ppa.

No gold to spend to rebuild due to -ve income.

Gold dragon + gluttony + drought + arson + rob.

Kingdom wide will be very difficult to deal with.

I know last age vs panda round 3 it was very hard to not starve wih a gold dragon on us. And that wasn't wven with drought or arson...
    BLUE your my boy!

Forum Fanatic
    in order to make this work, you'd need to lock down your own foodstuffs to prevent robbing back, and preferably explode any aid shipments.

it works really well if you're leading and want to make it clear the other side has lost, but you have to keep at it consistently... can't just arson/rob a single target once and expect people to not adapt.

it helps if you combine the starvation tactic with a lot of land hits and your core provs are doing most of the robbery, which gets rid of the core's farmland. more land also means it's a lot easier for your kingdom to spare acres for new farms.

i wouldn't bother with it early war... too easy to adapt to it then and you would need the stealth elsewhere.

something like this is a reason why you should really get food science (plus, food sci is pretty good by itself... usually food sci is devalued way too much)

Post Fiend
    MayZerG clearly doesn't know much about the game but he or she does bring up a good issue. Gluttony + drought + arson farms + greed + riots. Though I've had drought casted on my province before and it never seemed to hurt food production that much. Though to pull this off you would have to be facing a kingdom that either doesn't know what they are doing or caught off guard.

You can protect yourself from drought by keeping NB. Also you can remove it by asking someone in your KD to cast you storms.

@Blue mass - what riots have to do with starving?

Post Fiend
    @Bo To hahaha forget that I always keep NB on 24/7 that's why I haven't had this happen to me in over 10 years. Though if you think you got what it takes MV is always there to get rid of NB. Riots lower income so if you can starve a province and have them go negative in income it will be a double whammy.

I like to post
    Guys let's not act as if gluttony completely changed the meta. Starvation through GA + Droughts was fairly easy in former ages. Gluttony only makes it slightly easier to pull off and increases the damage done. Let's say in former ages you'd GA + steal until (assume) ~0 food left.

Consumption = 100%
    Production = 50% (after GA/droughts)
    Starvation = 50%

Now with gluttony you increase consumption to 125%, which puts starvation at 75%, which is a nice 50% buff.

The point with starvation though is that it requires significant opping to pull off (MV + GA + stealing + spells) and can be prevented quite easily if a KD notices it in time (simple click of the aid button). Starvation is potentially very strong. At the moment we're starving an Orc who lost 5% of his military over the tick.

I've actually pondered running a full UD core + fae-elf/rogues and base my entire set-up around starvation.

You could in theory run 25 UD/rogues, steal all enemy food at the start of the war, swap it between 2 of your provinces that are taxed thus turning general food stacks between the 2 KDs to close to 0, then focus all your stealth on GAing. The problem however is enemies running halfers or other rogues, which kinda makes your entire strat fail. I therefore found it not a good option.

.. and makka just lost his nut again xD
    'Then he must get beard' - Mitch at 6:52am, 5.4.16, in response to 'he said "One day when I grow up I want to be like Mitch"' gg

Enthusiast
    Think it is generally a hard strat since barren acres produce food too. Bunch of landfat unbuilt acre attackers can **** out a lot of food. not to mention easy as hell to steal it, so unless both kds are starving hard to lock other kd out of food supplies.
    #jesters
    - === Interested in joining? === -

Postaholic
    Ignoring the (very strong argument of) very stealable food stocks of your kingdom: when starvation hits and there's no one around to fix it for you - very few people adhere to the 1-on-1 principle too. There's a whole server out there with food. Bart is right. Starvation was strong, and is even stronger with gluttony added. It is, however, very situational and very dependent on catching someone with their pants down (=someone not logging in for a while). And there things haven't changed, catching someone with predictable login patterns and starving him has always, and keeps on being, very strong. Now a bit more than before. It's something to exploit given the opportunity, but its not a game changer, nor something to base your kingdom strat/setup around.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Post Fiend
    main point is that everyone needs to sleep. 5-6 hrs of starvation once you figure out their sleep period :p

I like to post
    main point is that everyone needs to sleep. 5-6 hrs of starvation once you figure out their sleep period :p
    Ever heared of Asians?

Thread Information