Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Towards an understanding of player fail

Enthusiast
    Well. This should be entertaining while I'm waiting for my province to starve

I like to post
    It's just decay fiski. U won't starve unless u razed farms!

Enthusiast
    Oh, true. That's fine then

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    It's just decay fiski. U won't starve unless u razed farms!
    ohh...yeah unless you razed farms..fml

If you had cajones you'd have razed your farms in freeze.
    Beast
    WarWins or BUST

Upper left reporting; I enjoyed the brake-down and analysis.

How did us "yanks" get the upper right label?

Veteran
    This is fantastic Peppie. How did you make this graph? I would love to do something similar for my bunch of noobs...

PS love seeing Conclave's position on your table after our run-in with him end of last age... :D
    Josh; leader of a lovable band of misfits, Pinoys, and probable virgins.

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

It was Fantard running the prov named Conclave last age.... A bit confusing for us too ;)

Veteran
    PS I think the basic laws of maths state that you can never have a fully populated bottom left hand corner. It's like the whatever-curve; the one where you never actually hit 0, just get closer and closer. But if you could get even a dozen down there, they would surely have a positive spill-over effect on the guys around them. I imagine if you started losing bottom left, you might see a gradual but general shift across from left to right from the others.

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SwappY View Post
    It was Fantard running the prov named Conclave last age.... A bit confusing for us too ;)
    I see you were the egomaniac of the KD, Swap!

My Raging Clue

Its my huge Epeen ;)
    Its hard to be humble when you know your are the best ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    Would also like to point out that there are some players that seemingly fit no categories:

Stratocastle, Octobrev, Makka, Blizz etc etc.
    Blizz & Octo would be to the far right of swap when they're serious, and both will fly off the top of the chart at random and disappear.

Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Peppie, I disagree with your analysis. In this game you sometimes need people that are a bit aggressive and demanding. Therefor I'd say that the sweet spot is dead-center....

People that are too active tend to burn out, you need players that can manage their province, not people that sit watching a non-moving IRC screen all day ;-)
    Cuddly Panda Troll

PyroManiaCs Official Troll from April 13th 2014 to January 2015

Quote Originally Posted by s0830887 View Post
    PS I think the basic laws of maths state that you can never have a fully populated bottom left hand corner. It's like the whatever-curve; the one where you never actually hit 0, just get closer and closer. But if you could get even a dozen down there, they would surely have a positive spill-over effect on the guys around them. I imagine if you started losing bottom left, you might see a gradual but general shift across from left to right from the others.
    i used excel 2013, with this trick to get the quadrants: http://www.teylyn.com/articles/excel...ith-quadrants/ - also you are referring to an asymptote

feagan, you misinterpret my stats: the 0,0 point is supposed to be the sweet spot. Anything more is degrees of failure, i.e. just a little lack of activity, just a bit too much self adulation (hi swappy), just a bit too bad of a ****up. And then the more you approach 1, the more severe your transgressions. For instance fantard earned his perfect 1 with the following:

1. mid-age, for no reason, he draws the attention of Jerks (then 30% bigger) who proceed to happily exploit the situation by doing a 15 hit wave that we could not reciprocate (double hostile)
    2. end-age, for no reason, he starts to hit into someones war, not just once but three !! subsequent uniques
    3. end-age, while those someones visit him with a 74 hit razewave, for no reason he intra-razes me, killing 20% of my honour. Unappreciated when theres a 500 honour gap between #4 and #5.
    4. inter-age, for no reason, he arbitrates that themes are intrinsically bad so he hard refuses to conform
    5. tired of his ****, i ask him to abandon - and he says that we are assholes and hes going to make us intra raze him OOP

if you analyze this fail it becomes abundantly clear that its fueled by malevolence/spite rather than bumbling incompetence. Dude has an ax to grind.

Furthermore note that the fail axis isnt JUST about activity, and the malice axis isnt JUST about aggression. Both are amalgam categories comprising a rich bouquet of fail, none of it appreciable or constructive.
    Last edited by peppie; 25-04-2016 at 11:57.
    FREE

Thread Information