Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: As a returning player...

Scribe
    Reroll as a halfling warrior. Dynamically its just as if not more powerful than an orc or undead combo considering the total time an orc/undead is on full leet offense versus a fully trained halfling attacker. Spec offense has it's downside, but the raw strength per cost in addition to op utility outweigh that imo.

Quote Originally Posted by tehboomer View Post
    45 DPA 1 day OOP + 20% forts + 200% military wages?
    I was 70opa and 30dpa at OOP, I am not particularly good, although the opa/dpa numbers mean very little at oop. No idea about other personalities, but as Cleric I had 1tpa, 29k offense, and 14k defense and I failed all my spell attempts, I was only 400 acres but doesn't much matter my size. What matters is that offense has been easier to gain for a long time. If you are trying to turtle, you should be sitting at 35-50k defense OOP depending on race and all.

My Genesis* kd elected me king. there are some good players there. we are bottom for sure as 8 new mates started today. I wager 5 will defect out after our 1st war. many of the fresh guys said they played long ago. I am so glad this game is free.

( *StratOcastle thanks for the reference )
    Last edited by Skank; 23-04-2016 at 04:30.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by yeng View Post
    Hmmmmm.... http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...Age-68-Changes

Good luck. With the OOWP shorten, i don't see anyone having a full elite pump after coming out from war. It is doable with fortified stance and etc. It will take time to recover for heavy hitters.
    There's really no reason you can't come out of war pumped. At least pumped enough to not get vultured.

Regular
    I have a few more questions about in-game mechanics.

First of all, how does the traditional march gains formula work? I remember it was a very straightforward if they have more NW than you, you get more land up to a point.

Now it seems to be some function of KD NW vs enemy KD NW while factoring in some other random things as well. People of varying sizes attacking me (smaller or larger) and getting better gains than when I retal. What am I missing?

Next up, thief defenses and intel ops. Do watch towers or TPA matter much here? Feels like no matter how much thief defense one puts up, their foe WILL get the intel they desire after a few attempts.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    First of all, how does the traditional march gains formula work?
    http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...g#Attack_Gains

Next up, thief defenses and intel ops. Do watch towers or TPA matter much here? Feels like no matter how much thief defense one puts up, their foe WILL get the intel they desire after a few attempts.
    SoT is an incredibly easy thief op. Something like 4x easier than the other thief ops. The other intel ops can be a little difficult if the province has a lot of tpa, but you can still get it with some effort. Basically if someone wants your intel, they can get it.

Regular
    Even more questions!

I just failed an attack that said 100% in Utopia Angel calculator. But I altered his military efficiency, because my SoM said it was 133%, whereas the initial value was over 200% (which aligned with his throne page's defense too.) So, what exactly should I be looking at when attacking people? Defense points on SoT? Does that take into account other things too like forts and ME? I'm really very confused by this attack failure.

Next up! In my KD's last war, I was running about a 40DPA at home, at all times, but got smashed repeatedly despite this. I was considering raising my draft to 65-70% for my next war and trying to maintain a 60DPA at home always. Is this a wise idea? I know it will tank my BE and my income, but it might be worthwhile to actually come out on top in war. Can anyone advise?

Dont use Angel Military calculator there is really no need when you have offense calculator in the warroom already. (The defense you get on a SoM is correct as long as you send 10% or more thieves when fetching the intel)

There is no "safe" defense as an attacker in war, what you want is at most try to avoid having the same province tap you more than once.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Dont use Angel Military calculator there is really no need when you have offense calculator in the warroom already. (The defense you get on a SoM is correct as long as you send 10% or more thieves when fetching the intel)

There is no "safe" defense as an attacker in war, what you want is at most try to avoid having the same province tap you more than once.
    Does the SoM take forts into account as well?

I had 39+DPA home at all times, and was still getting double or triple tapped, and just smashed by multiple people every time I'd attack. I understand there is no such thing as unbreakable any more, but 40DPA just does not seem to be sufficient by any means. I was double and triple tapping people too, but I lost more than I gained. So I was thinking about attempting to raise my draft and run even more defense...if only to avoid getting destroyed every time my army went out. Is this a bad idea?

Yes, as long as you send 10% or more thieves (if you intel into war you have to send more our out of war) the defense showing is correct. People usually add a 4% random factor though.

Raising your draft is good, you should always aim to have as high draft as possible as well. More army the better. :) So if you can hit your enemies mutliple time you can raise your defense a little. So your thought isnt bad, just make sure your attacking isnt suffering in favor of more defense.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Just because no one has said anything, you need to send about 4% more than the displayed defense amount (assuming it's 100% accurate) to guarantee success. The extra offense is to account for the random factor.

[QUOTE=tehboomer;15379462]Even more questions!

I just failed an attack that said 100% in Utopia Angel calculator. But I altered his military efficiency, because my SoM said it was 133%, whereas the initial value was over 200% (which aligned with his throne page's defense too.) So, what exactly should I be looking at when attacking people? Defense points on SoT? Does that take into account other things too like forts and ME? I'm really very confused by this attack failure.

If you want to make things stupidly simple: Get SoM on your enemy. Go to espionage page (Its in the target KD page; link is just right of KD details up top) Your offense: send 1.04036 x enemy def. (round up if you get a decimal. example: 20,100.453 needed to break. Send 20,101) You will not bounce unless they are online and put MP, GP, or TW up; or receive soldier aide. Btw, my KD needs someone to take over an undead/war hero. Msg me if interested tehboomer

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangri-La View Post
    If you want to make things stupidly simple: Get SoM on your enemy. Go to espionage page (Its in the target KD page; link is just right of KD details up top) Your offense: send 1.04036 x enemy def. (round up if you get a decimal. example: 20,100.453 needed to break. Send 20,101) You will not bounce unless they are online and put MP, GP, or TW up; or receive soldier aide. Btw, my KD needs someone to take over an undead/war hero. Msg me if interested tehboomer
    Why 0.036%? What's the significance? Also, thanks for the offer, but my wife and an RL friend are in this KD with me. I would definitely consider it otherwise.

Postaholic
    There is a random factor of ~3% on attacks. Technically you could send 103% of the targets defense and fail, although the odds are slim.
    As a rule of thumb you should send 104% to guarantee a successful hit. The only times you should be sending less than 104% is if you need to salvage every offense point to make multi taps.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Why 0.036%? What's the significance?
    4.036% is to account for the random factor on offense and defense. It's +3.5%
    (although funny enough, that's not quite enough to cover absolutely worst case scenario lol)

Thread Information